Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

I hate threads like this. We've been discussing this for hours, but people come in, read the OP, and then respond with the same comments/questions that have been debunked ten pages ago. No, Von Miller's massive contract would have a higher dead cap hit (over 30 million) next year than if he was on the roster. You still have to take the dead cap hit even if his contract is voided due to conduct. The Raiders had to carry Ruggs dead money for two seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That's fine, but a whole week off for this team seems to make zero sense.  

Let's see if it pays off.  

Or whatever it says given that the logic that the CBA explains this is invalid.  

So you want to be the ONLY team in the NFL to have players practice on bye weeks.  This is what you want our team to separate themselves from everyone else...practicing on bye weeks?  Bye weeks are there to help your bodies and mental health to heal up because it is a very hard contact and mentally grueling sport....it seems you want them to reduce that time.

Football season is played during the school year and many of these guys don't get to see their families or their kids play a sport.  A Baltimore Ravens player kid played on my kids football last year.  The only game he came to was on his bye week. 

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

the interesting thing, as araiza was brought up, is that this is an arrest warrant made immediately after the incident. with araiza it was investigated and no charges filed until it hit the media. it was reinvestigated and still no charges. yet, he was ripped apart to shreds.

this has charges already. and in legal speak - you can indict a ham sandwich. it's easy to get an indictment for an arrest, in other words. which is why it's that much more amazing that there was not that capability with Araiza.

Yeah you're absolutely correct and it's ridiculous it's like that in certain situations....(example), a neighbor got butt hurt one day because I moved his trash can to make room to get out my drive way. This piece of anal puss went to magistrate office and said I communicated threats and that's all it took for an arrest warrant to be written up.

Just now, Low Positive said:

I hate threads like this. We've been discussing this for hours, but people come in, read the OP, and then respond with the same comments/questions that have been debunked ten pages ago. No, Von Miller's massive contract would have a higher dead cap hit (over 30 million) next year than if he was on the roster. You still have to take the dead cap hit even if his contract is voided due to conduct. The Raiders had to carry Ruggs dead money for two seasons.

Someone mentioned that his guaranteed salary may not be guaranteed under these circumstances, which would lessen the blow.  If it is - you do it "post-june" - see some 2024 savings and get hit in 2025 with the rest.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So you want to be the ONLY team in the NFL to have players practice on bye weeks.  This is what you what are team to separate themselves from everyone else...practicing on bye weeks?  Bye weeks are there to help your bodies and mental health to heal up because it is a very hard contact and mentally grueling sport....it seems you want them to reduce that time.

Football season is played during the school year and many of these guys don't get to see their families or their kids play a sport.  A Baltimore Ravens player kid played on my kids football last year.  The only game he came to was on his bye week. 

I don't even know if you're allowed to have practices during a bye week tbh.  

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

the interesting thing, as araiza was brought up, is that this is an arrest warrant made immediately after the incident. with araiza it was investigated and no charges filed until it hit the media. it was reinvestigated and still no charges. yet, he was ripped apart to shreds.

this has charges already. and in legal speak - you can indict a ham sandwich. it's easy to get an indictment for an arrest, in other words. which is why it's that much more amazing that there was not that capability with Araiza.

why would you indict a ham sandwich?

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah you're absolutely correct and it's ridiculous it's like that in certain situations....(example), a neighbor got butt hurt one day because I moved his trash can to make room to get out my drive way. This piece of anal puss went to magistrate office and said I communicated threats and that's all it took for an arrest warrant to be written up.

What was the outcome?

2 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Obviously this is a bad look. 

But we really should wait for more facts to come out. 

Was the assault a physical or verbal assault?

What triggered the assault?

According to Texas law:

Third-Degree Felony Assault

If you cut off the normal breathing patterns of a member of your family as defined by law (i.e. if you strangle your girlfriend/boyfriend) to the point they cannot breathe, then you could be facing a Third-Degree Felony assault charge. Additionally, if you assault a member of your family, including your spouse or significant other, and if you have had an assault family violence conviction in the past, you could face a third-degree felony assault charge. The penalty range for a third-degree assault conviction is no less than 2 years in prison and up to 10 years in prison; also, a possible fine not to exceed $10,000.

So, unless he had a domestic violence conviction in the past, the only way Von could be charged with this crime is if he strangled his pregnant girlfriend...!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Someone mentioned that his guaranteed salary may not be guaranteed under these circumstances, which would lessen the blow.  If it is - you do it "post-june" - see some 2024 savings and get hit in 2025 with the rest.  

I don't even know if you're allowed to have practices during a bye week tbh.  

They can have short, non-padded practices on Monday-Wednesday but no team ever does that. 

If/when he is arrested, I believe he gets put on an exempt or restricted list (preventing him from playing-- no loss there). Not judging anything, but absolutely horrible, if true (and there is history of charges being brought in the past).  This whole season has been a huge letdown.

Just now, nucci said:

why would you indict a ham sandwich?

That's the point. You don't have to or should you buy you simply could. Indictments are easy as hell to get. Convince a GJ or Magistrate that a crime *may* have happened and they'll sign it. Some judges ultimately throw out some bad subpoenas/warrants when it was a fishing expedition to find greater crimes. That happens a lot. But, most judges these days want to be tough on crime and let the system get away with far more than they should.

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Between the HC, record, salary cap situation, and now this, this organization is a huge mess.

Clean house from the top all the way down to the janitor.

I’m gonna need a new username. 

The only people that would say this are bandwagon fans that weren’t around for or too drunk to recall the decades of repeated house cleanings and all the mediocrity that brings.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

IF this is true, and it might now be, it's very interesting that Von has this totally zen "I'm gonna be calm and at peace and control what I can control" demeanor that he presents to the football press.

If he beats pregnant women — and history is full of both false criminal accusations against wealthy people and athletes who think they're above the law — then that demanor is A) either a total facade. or B) He's chill when it comes to football but a psycho in his personal life. The latter would be truly scary.

There was that former Packers DB who was a TV personality and everything. Can’t think of his name.

He was also a serial rapist throughout his career. 

Nobody actually truly knows these players by how they portray themselves I the public eye.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

According to sportracs site, it's 15 mill if we wait until the offseason

4 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

The damn thing went to court and ended up getting dismissed. But still had to lose money out my pocket and time for some ***** that was completely made up

@boyst heard you got 2 years, did 14 months for that.  I'm sorry about what happened to you when you were in the joint.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

That's the point. You don't have to or should you buy you simply could. Indictments are easy as hell to get. Convince a GJ or Magistrate that a crime *may* have happened and they'll sign it. Some judges ultimately throw out some bad subpoenas/warrants when it was a fishing expedition to find greater crimes. That happens a lot. But, most judges these days want to be tough on crime and let the system get away with far more than they should.

I still don't think you can indict a ham sandwich.  I can't see a scenario where it's viable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

@boyst heard you got 2 years, did 14 months for that.  I'm sorry about what happened to you when you were in the joint. 

?? Weird statement that's not accurate 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I still don't think you can indict a ham sandwich.  I can't see a scenario where it's viable. 

It's not the ham that is of suspicion. It's the bread. Way too much sugar in American bread. 🤮

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

Miller’s contract, a copy of which PFT has obtained, allows the Bills to void the guarantees if he is suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

From the team’s standpoint, time will be of the essence. The Bills need a suspension to be imposed before the 2024 season begins, so that the guarantees could be voided and, at the right time, Miller can be released."

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

47 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Breane should have traded for Smith from the Bears and could have easily traded Edmunds to the Bears who they ended up signing as a free agent.  This the Von Miller Damage

dead money 2024- 32m- cap savings 8.6m

dead money 2025- 15m -cap savings 8.4m

dead money 2026 -9m - cap savings  17m

dead money 2027 - 2.7m cap savings 30m

It was a terrible signing when he could have gone after Smith from the Bears for less money and younger

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

It was never actually a 6/$114M it was always 3/$52.5

Fans of other teams (and ours) just react to the Adam Schefter tweets and fail to read anything longer than 150 characters to understand what actually was agreed to. 

Are you saying the guy I quoted here is wrong? So after 3 years we can get out with no dead cap space ?

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

It's not the ham that is of suspicion. It's the bread. Way too much sugar in American bread. 🤮

Indeed.

Simple carbs in general are best consumed in minimal quantities unless you are very active and need the extra calories.  Otherwise it just gets turned into fat.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

Miller’s contract, a copy of which PFT has obtained, allows the Bills to void the guarantees if he is suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

From the team’s standpoint, time will be of the essence. The Bills need a suspension to be imposed before the 2024 season begins, so that the guarantees could be voided and, at the right time, Miller can be released."

That seals it. No time for due process, they have cap to tend to. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if there was any sort of way it could be voided

• Thank you (+1) 1

Let’s just lose out this year, and look forward to next year. This season is a complete and utter disaster. Not a fan of von on the field these days, so it’s hard to make a joke about finally getting him off the field. If these allegations are true, ***** him and get him off the team ASAP.

Edited by Fallser

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That’s just devastating. He would still stick against the cap if he’s suspended or we released him because of this? 

Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So Beane is going to hire the bounty hunter,  that is good news because he looks done both on the field and off

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.