Chance of Playoffs now, according to NYT simulator

Ray Stonada

Wonder if there is any shot Miami resting starters by week 18.

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

McDermott will go into KC and clap his team to victory. 

It wasn’t easy, and I had to keep reminding myself throughout the game, but I was actually rooting for KC today merely because I did not want to see them coming off a loss.

And oddly enough, they lose the game and it felt oh so Bills-esque… but coming from the Chiefs!?!?

So now I am starting to believe that it isn’t the Bills, these years of misfortune, maybe it’s just me!  After all, the first NFL game I have ever watched was …….. Wide Right

Sorry guys, I’d stop if I could. 

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

It wasn’t easy, and I had to keep reminding myself throughout the game, but I was actually rooting for KC today merely because I did not want to see them coming off a loss.

And oddly enough, they lose the game and it felt oh so Bills-esque… but coming from the Chiefs!?!?

So now I am starting to believe that it isn’t the Bills, these years of misfortune, maybe it’s just me!  After all, the first NFL game I have ever watched was …….. Wide Right

Sorry guys, I’d stop if I could. 

KC’s defense looks like it is starting to take damage. I won’t get my hopes up. I fully expect a beat down. 

• Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

per NYT:  80% chance if beat chiefs and other 3 games but lose to cowboys.  50 % if they lose 2 more games.

This is wrong. Losing 2 basically eliminates them (3% chance).

As of this week if they can go 4-1 they have a ~59% chance of getting in. The Jacksonville/Cincy Monday Night game has almost no effect.

Edited by QCity
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

This is wrong. Losing 2 basically eliminates them (3% chance).

As of this week if they can go 4-1 they have a ~59% chance of getting in. The Jacksonville/Cincy Monday Night game has almost no effect.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#kc-buf-14=loss&lac-buf-16=loss&buf-ne-17=win&mia-buf-18=loss

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#buf-dal-15=win&buf-ne-17=win&mia-buf-18=loss

Something else to say to me mr stats?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You didn’t fill in the loss against the cowboys. When you do the chance goes down to 56%.

If we lose twice our chance is less then 8%.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

As far as betting odds go, bills chances didn't budge even after a favorable day. 

DK had them at +500 to make it before today and they are +500 now. 

good to know.  I'll go to the site soon to make a

bet.

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

why the "X".  i didn't stipulate which 2 games they lose for 50%.  so sue me.  Lawyers who wants a gig?

AND?

now a lol.  i worded it quite carefully.

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

why the "X".  i didn't stipulate which 2 games they lose for 50%.  so sue me.  Lawyers who wants a gig?

By not “stipulating” two games as losses you’re just leaving them undecided.

So your percentages are wrong.

It’s not 50% if they lose two games, it is much, much lower: 3% to 7% depending on which two they lose.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

Do you really see McDaniel conceding the AFC East by resting starters? That would surprise me, but they aren't winning that game even with Marino in his prime, the 'Killer Bs' and Larry ***** Csonka, so who knows.

46 minutes ago, Punch said:

Do you really see McDaniel conceding the AFC East by resting starters? That would surprise me, but they aren't winning that game even with Marino in his prime, the 'Killer Bs' and Larry ***** Csonka, so who knows.

A lot of things could be in play in that last game.  For example, maybe Miami avoids playing us in the wildcard game—and instead gets Pittsburgh or the Colts—if they lose to us…in which case, maybe they sit some guys.

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

A lot of things could be in play in that last game.  For example, maybe Miami avoids playing us in the wildcard game—and instead gets Pittsburgh or the Colts—if they lose to us…in which case, maybe they sit some guys.

They would also love to knock us out of the playoffs!

Even if we win four straight heading into Miami, it’s a huge game for us.

Win and our playoff chances are 99%

Lose and they are 46%

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#kc-buf-14=loss&buf-dal-15=win&lac-buf-16=loss&buf-ne-17=win

Just gotta say, I hate this ***** simulator horseshit. It's like all the analytical bs in the NHL and MLB. It doesn't mean a hill of beans. Go back to the days when coaching, actually meant coaching. Not this looking at a computer and setting your gameplan that way. I hate technology. Mostly because I am immune to it. But why even have or pay coaches anymore, when the computer can tell you what to do? Sports are pretty gross now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Just gotta say, I hate this ***** simulator horseshit. It's like all the analytical bs in the NHL and MLB. It doesn't mean a hill of beans. Go back to the days when coaching, actually meant coaching. Not this looking at a computer and setting your gameplan that way. I hate technology. Mostly because I am immune to it. But why even have or pay coaches anymore, when the computer can tell you what to do? Sports are pretty gross now. 

Exactly what control you have over the coaching?

Do you think that the coaches sit around playing playoff simulator?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, QCity said:

Yeah, PEBKEC.

You were wrong and you're still wrong and unrepentant .  go to the kids table and wash out your mouthwash w soap.  oh and lifetime celibacy....

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

They would also love to knock us out of the playoffs!

Even if we win four straight heading into Miami, it’s a huge game for us.

Win and our playoff chances are 99%

Lose and they are 46%

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#kc-buf-14=loss&buf-dal-15=win&lac-buf-16=loss&buf-ne-17=win

maybe @QCity can suggest some alternative facts....

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Coaching still needs to be done during the week. Leading the team, having the

them prepared for war in their next game,  despite the ups and downs of the season.  That's most important part imo, most games are won during the week and has nothing to do with a computer 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Win keeps hope alive. Lose and its essentially season over because we would need a lot of help. Just the amount of games the teams ahead us have vs each other guarantees some of these teams rack up wins. Unless they lose to non-contenders or 1-2 of them win out, too many teams get to 10-11 wins and we lose most tiebreakers. Thats why our playoff odds are 15-25% based on the logic. 

45 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

as of today, 73-79% odds of making with 4/5 run.  better odds include a  win against KC..  73% w loss to KC but win all other games.

Once again, wrong figures. You need to select the Chiefs to win that game, not leave it blank. The correct number is 52%, not 73%.

I guess you are trolling.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

Once again, wrong figures. You need to select the Chiefs to win that game, not leave it blank. The correct number is 52%, not 73%.

I guess you are trolling.

no.  U R correct, left that game undecided.  will retry.

yes, 53%.  but hardly "season is over" w loss to KC....how many years would ee be smiling with these odds in the 70's or 80's, Even a good portion of the 2000's?

• Like (+1) 1

Damn,  we have Josh Allen and the one season when the QBs to beat for a Wild Card are:  Stroud, Minshew, Flacco, Trubisky, Browning and maybe Beathard.

No Excuses.  Have to do it the hard way since some easy games were blown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Hard to process after Cinncy’s win last night the Bills are currently in 11th place in the AFC. To state this week is a must win is an understatement. The reality is they are going to have to win out which based upon the season thus far, it’s more unlikely than likely.  11th freaking place for a team that should be dominating but yet our HC is coaching like he’s in his first year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.