Sal Capaccio - Why so angry?

Back2Buff

Sal has become a bit too company line in the last 2 years. Aside from that he tends to repeat himself and also doesnt seem to be listening to some of the callers and their questions. Needs to come off his high horse. On a side note he hasnt sounded well the last few times I have heard him on there. He seems to be coughing up a lung. Maybe he's a pack a day smoker but he needs to get that checked out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's a shill.   He invests a lot of time in telling fans that they are wrong to quiet the critics of the organization............this helps preserve his job with the team.

But when the organization makes a turn that undermines the sales pitch he has to have a response.

Perhaps he thinks anger makes it seem like the organization was pushed into making the decision by critics.

Either way........as a shill you gotta' take anything he says with a grain.

Under the cover of a little bit of time he can just do what he did with Tremaine Edmunds...........talk him up and shout down critics when he was with the team..........then say the same things as the critics did after he left the team.

Harsh but accurate.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Sal C was just brought on by Jeremy and Joe and he goes - "Listen you're not allowed to say anybody in the media asks a good question, it's not allowed around here"

My gosh, tell us all again how you pack your clothes for a road trip, or what Max thinks of Rob Ray. 

It's everyday with him.  He immediately goes into some confrontational attitude.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Sal C was just brought on by Jeremy and Joe and he goes - "Listen you're not allowed to say anybody in the media asks a good question, it's not allowed around here"

My gosh, tell us all again how you pack your clothes for a road trip, or what Max thinks of Rob Ray. 

Yeah, he seems really on edge and almost nasty lately, which is (IMO anyway) different for him. He's always been an apologist for the team, but it's been easy the past few years for the most part until recently. 

I have thought for a long time that the WGR guys are just playing radio characters for the sake of having a better show. No two are really similar. 

I mean the main guys... the young guys just eagerly yap over everyone trying to get themselves a few seconds on air. It's almost pathetic to listen to. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I mean the main guys... the young guys just eagerly yap over everyone trying to get themselves a few seconds on air. It's almost pathetic to listen to. 

This is rumoured to be the reason Bulldog is on remote from his home.  Afraid of being assassinated by one of the younger yappy broadcasters if he attends Dunn Tire Studio.  Is there anything there that isn't being shilled? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

This is rumoured to be the reason Bulldog is on remote from his home.  Afraid of being assassinated by one of the younger yappy broadcasters if he attends Dunn Tire Studio.  Is there anything there that isn't being shilled? 🤔

Jeremy: Good Morning!  I’ve got Joe next to me on the West Herr Hotline from the Dunn Tire Studio in the LaNova Pizza Broadcast Center. Joe - it’s a Chef’s Restaurant Tuesday Morning!  How are you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Jeremy: Good Morning!  I’ve got Joe next to me on the West Herr Hotline from the Dunn Tire Studio in the LaNova Pizza Broadcast Center. Joe - it’s a Chef’s Restaurant Tuesday Morning!  How are you?

Jeremy: "Why am I suddenly craving spaghetti parm?"

12 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Jeremy: "Why am I suddenly craving spaghetti parm?"

Jeremy: Here is a golf analogy for you: it's like hitting a 310-yard drive right down the middle on #1 and you think it's going to be a good round, but then you hook your second shot into the pine straw. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Jeremy: Here is a golf analogy for you: it's like hitting a 310-yard drive right down the middle on #1 and you think it's going to be a good round, but then you hook your second shot into the pine straw. 

Followed by 10 minutes of commercials.

9 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Pretty sure he has a few mouths to feed at home and maybe a roof to keep over their heads. But yeah, let's tar and feather him for not openly bashing his employer daily. I would dare say he is far more critical of the Bills outside of work.

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody
😁

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Anyone know why all the local media thank Teflon Sean every time after they ask their nothing question?  I don’t ever hear reporters from the POTUS on down to small sports thanking the subject after they ask each question at press conferences.

Why do talk show callers thank the host for taking their call?  Unctuosity, or just being polite? 🤔

Sal is a homer and I see where some people are coming from on their opinions here.  He does defend the Bills more than others.  However, the other WGR personalities in the morning are worse in my opinion.  I have heard arguments such as the Bills should pass every down because you gain more yards on average with a pass than a run and "defense does not matter"...in fact "defense shmefense" is the phrase that comes out all the time.  They do seem up on some of the analytics and detailed stats but they put too much weight on those things.  By nature of being a fan, there are just a lot of hot takes, most of which are ridiculous callers  want to talk about.   I like Joe Marino if you want a more subjective with a Bills slant opinion.   He is not always right either but he tries to put his fanhood aside and use the total picture vs just a hot take based on one play or whatever.

1 hour ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Pretty sure he has a few mouths to feed at home and maybe a roof to keep over their heads. But yeah, let's tar and feather him for not openly bashing his employer daily. I would dare say he is far more critical of the Bills outside of work.

Oh GTFOH with that mouths to feed BS. :lol:

Mike DeGeorge ran very astray of Bills management when he was in the media.  He's making $125K as a "senior adviser":rolleyes: to the mayor.    There are plenty of opportunities for gainful, light-lifting employment for ex-media beside working at the am sports radio station.   Shill wants to be part of the Bills organization but he also wants to be respected for his honest takes on the radio.   The two don't mesh and it has made him an extremely dull and unlikeable radio personality.   

• Agree 3

On 11/15/2023 at 9:18 AM, Back2Buff said:

I don't seek out Sal, really don't have time to listen to lots of audio, but he is usually on the WGR 550 morning show for a half hour, and the guy is so angry and argumentative.  It's a tough listen.  What happened to this guy?  He was always the positive light in a dark cloud when the Bills weren't very good.  He was a guy that I would look for his stuff that he would post when he lived in Florida.  He seems to be getting more condescending and wanting to constantly pick fights with everyone.  Not just the callers, but also the other hosts. 

He needs a reset or something, but who would want to listen to someone that like constantly?

Is my opinion out of line?  The segment this morning and yesterday were embarrassing for him. 

He has to listen to low IQ, clueless people who have no idea what they are talking about constantly calling and spouting nonsense call after call...it gets tiring after a while.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He has to listen to low IQ, clueless people who have no idea what they are talking about constantly calling and spouting nonsense call after call...it gets tiring after a while.

He should get mad at his screener, not the caller.  He doesn't have to take any calls he doesn't want to.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He has to listen to low IQ, clueless people who have no idea what they are talking about...

A caller to the morning show spent so much time setting up his call that I yelled "GET TO THE F****** POINT!" as I was parking in the hospital lot.  They frown upon such conduct. 😞

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

He should get mad at his screener, not the caller.  He doesn't have to take any calls he doesn't want to.

Well if that was the case, he wouldn't take any callers.  He has a day a week set aside for doing nothing but taking calls for 2 hours from fans.  Not exactly going to get the ratings up by taking no calls so he's kind of stuck with the bad ones.

Edited by The Wiz

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Legit point. Coupled with the aholes on Twitter, he probably assumes all fans are this stupid and thus sits on his high horse scolding everyone.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:18 AM, Back2Buff said:

I don't seek out Sal, really don't have time to listen to lots of audio, but he is usually on the WGR 550 morning show for a half hour, and the guy is so angry and argumentative.  It's a tough listen.  What happened to this guy?  He was always the positive light in a dark cloud when the Bills weren't very good.  He was a guy that I would look for his stuff that he would post when he lived in Florida.  He seems to be getting more condescending and wanting to constantly pick fights with everyone.  Not just the callers, but also the other hosts. 

He needs a reset or something, but who would want to listen to someone that like constantly?

Is my opinion out of line?  The segment this morning and yesterday were embarrassing for him. 

Is this a serious question? How on earth could he not be pissed off? This pathetic franchise has zero super bowls. We are losers. Nothing but chokers literally every single year for the entire history of the franchise. Does that not make you want to puke and slam your head through a wall? It makes me want to. We are a joke. 

All that sucking, all that suffering, and oh my god we finally get out superstar franchise QB. And perfect timing because it was right when Brady left. But oh WAIT. A guy as good or better than Brady comes into the NFL, and the AFC, at the exact same time we get our guy! So we still can’t win! Great! He is taking our guy’s MVPs and Super Bowls.

But we hold out hope every year, because its football and crazy things happen. And our guy is still a superstar. The 13 seconds felt supernatural. it felt like some supernatural force directly speaking to the Bills franchise and fans, saying, “You’re not allowed to win.” We try to pull ourselves together after that, we are the favorites for the next year, just to have all kinds of unfortunate stuff happen and then not even make it back to face the Chiefs. And oh Mahomes wins again. We just have to watch what we all feel like could and should be happening for our guy and our team.

We regroup again after a brutally painful offseason. They get our hopes up again with a hot September. And then it all starts to fall apart. Our star corner sustains the worst soft tissue injury there is for a fast twitch athlete. A torn Achilles. Do we expect him to come back and still be good next year? No way you can expect that. By next years playoffs he will be 30 years old coming off a torn Achilles and he also has a surgically repaired knee. Our 29 year old stud linebacker blows up his knee. He will be 30 years old next year coming off that serious injury. Not a recipe for individual success in the NFL. Von Miller is done being Von Miller. He’s old and coming off injury this year and anyone expecting him to ever be prime Von Miller again is kidding themselves. He’s 34 years old already. Oh and our star WR doesn’t want to be here. Not to mention he’s entering his 30’s as well. He was frustrated in the offseason because he felt our window was closing, and guess what, it looks like he was right.

The young star OC we thought we had turned out to SUCK. The young WR we had such high hopes for turned out to have hands of stone. We are reusing a fired Panthers OC and trying to paint that turd gold. Our head coach deserves to get fired but probably wont. And our GM has given us no confidence that he can rebuild through the draft. Which is the only way we can really rebuild now with all the contracts we have, most notably Josh’s. We are watching our dreams slip away. Josh and the roster he had when he became a superstar was seemingly a gift from the heavens. But now with each passing day it looks like it was a sick tease the entire time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Well guess what, I’ve been fooled at least 5 times now by the Bills. All four of the super bowls, and now by Josh and that roster we have had the past few years.

But the thing that PISSES me off is I have no choice but to allow them to keep fooling me. I could say I am done with this team, but my heart for some reason can’t quit caring tremendously. No matter the rage I am filled with. I get slapped in the face and kicked in the nads time after time after time after time again by this team giving me false hope followed by heart shattering letdowns.

And here you are, asking “WhY iS hE sO mAd?” BECAUSE HE’S A BILLS FAN. THAT’S WHY. IF YOU AREN’t PISSED OFF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. WHY IS HE MAD?!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT. WE ARE THE BUTT OF A SICK COSMIC JOKE. WE ARE LOSERS. WE ARE PUNCH LINES. AND I AM FULL OF RAGE ABOUT IT!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE. RIGHT?? RIGHT?? GAAHHH I WISH I HATED THE BILLS ANS HATED FOOTBALL

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

I wish these guys would let loose once in a while and just go at it. You damn well know that Schopp and Sal don’t agree on much of anything. Just have at it. I know he’s been rightfully cancelled but at least Jerry Sullivan would engage in a disagreement. These guys all tap dance around each other when you know there is real dissent. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Already deleted?

Maybe he really is bent out of shape about something lately 

It definitely wasn't a good look.

Tagged billsmafia to go after someone because he specifically said "one time" when asking about why they haven't asked the coaches about Josh using his legs.

Either way, no matter how many times it was asked to the coaching staff the answer would likely be a non-answer anyways.  Probably the closest thing we would get would be "we want Josh to be smart out there and take care of himself" which still doesn't answer the question of whether they are telling him not to run.

Edited by The Wiz

11 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

I’m trying to remember the last time a WGR caller added anything of value to a show.  

I’m recalling every call I can think of and they all have the same voice. Decades of heavy drinking and they’re hammered at 11 am. 

edit. Sorry there’s the old polish guys that add or take away s at the end of words or names Eric wood, Eric Woods and you is yous. They may also be hammered at 11am

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

I’m trying to remember the last time a WGR caller added anything of value to a show.  

Someone did call in yesterday and pointed out since 2018, there have been 78 WR's taken in the first 3 rounds of the draft.  The only two teams that haven't taken one are the Bills and the Bucs.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A caller to the morning show spent so much time setting up his call that I yelled "GET TO THE F****** POINT!" as I was parking in the hospital lot.  They frown upon such conduct. 😞

Let me guess - Larry in South Florida,

They gave him like 6 minutes and he just rambled. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Let me guess - Larry in South Florida,

They gave him like 6 minutes and he just rambled. 

No idea who the caller was, I gave the f*** up, and shut the dumb s*** off about 06:45, just pulling into the parking lot.  Air in the car was tinted blue from my profanity. 🙄😁

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No idea who the caller was, I gave the f*** up, and shut the dumb s*** off about 06:45, just pulling into the parking lot.  Air in the car was tinted blue from my profanity. 🙄😁

Yup that was Larry.

He starts every call with asking about the hosts kids and mentioning that he’ll be at one of the live sets as if he’s friends with the hosts. 

My favorite are the callers who say “how’s it going” after horrific losses. 

Just do what I do and say “hey guys” and then get right to the point. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

• 2 weeks later...

man, Sal’s job is going to be really tough the next couple of weeks.

Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf.png

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just wait until tomorrow.

He's going all out to defend McDermott tomorrow, you know it.

dangit, I didn’t see you had already bumped this thread just a few minutes ago!  You beat me to it, man 😅

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just wait until tomorrow.

He's going all out to defend McDermott tomorrow, you know it.

He will DEFINITELY say “they all need to be better including coaching” but then say the HC doesn’t run the routes, HC doesn’t miss FG and he agrees with defensive TO and knell down.

Bet a lot of $$$$ on it.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just have the balls to come on tomorrow and say the season is over. You can make excuses left and right or deflect to protect the team that pays you…but have a little dignity and say it’s over. You now have 10 ***** months until a football game matters for the bills again. Thanks a lot guys for wasting another one of the fans years. You couldn’t even give us until Christmas and the misery started week 1. Just a nightmare season that never got better. Going to cost a lot of people jobs and a lot of Bills that are important will never be back. You might have pissed away a legitimate window and a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and only shot in the league. Just flat out, come out and say no matter what they do to fix the issues won’t matter because the season is over.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.