So, Diggs saw this coming, no?

TheBrownBear

Listening to Diggs presser. He has a level head around Dorsey. He also seems the most upbeat about it from everybody I have heard. 

I do wish the reporters would have the balls to redirect the question around his brother based on his answer. "You will have to ask my brother about that, because that is how he feels"....OK dude, how do you feel about your brothers thoughts on Josh Allen? Do you feel the same way? 

He hasn't really walked the statement back...at all...

"Does it matter how I feel?" 
"Personal feelings are personal. I am a professional at the end of the day"

This is where things always get so messy. He didn't say anything controversial. All in all this was a decent presser. But he also seems to consistently refuse to put this issue to bed. It is why he gets asked about it so often. Because things happen. He acts a certain way. Or his brother tweets about certain things. And he never ever just says "no". 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

2 options:

1 - Talk to my brother... tell him to knock it off etc.  

2 - Post something on social media and really give this non-story some legs...

That was more about usage and money.  He got paid here, and he gets the most targets in the league.  So what does he want? 

I'll tell ya this - they aren't trading him to the cowboys, and they aren't cutting him.  Is he going to be happy when all this gets him traded to the giants or packers?  

Doing nothing will also make this fizzle out.  There's no football for 2 days, were the last team that played.  There's a pretty big game tonight, so i think it'll die out naturally.  

Sometimes PR will dictate a response, other times you can just address it behind the scenes and let it go.  

And the Bills just fired the OC mid-season, so disfunction in Buffalo is THE story of the week. At least until the game tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

Listening to Diggs presser. He has a level head around Dorsey. He also seems the most upbeat about it from everybody I have heard. 

I do wish the reporters would have the balls to redirect the question around his brother based on his answer. "You will have to ask my brother about that, because that is how he feels"....OK dude, how do you feel about your brothers thoughts on Josh Allen? Do you feel the same way? 

He hasn't really walked the statement back...at all...

"Does it matter how I feel?" 
"Personal feelings are personal. I am a professional at the end of the day"

This is where things always get so messy. He didn't say anything controversial. All in all this was a decent presser. But he also seems to consistently refuse to put this issue to bed. It is why he gets asked about it so often. Because things happen. He acts a certain way. Or his brother tweets about certain things. And he never ever just says "no". 

That’s what I thought too. He didn’t say he disagreed with anything his brother said, just only said to ask his brother about it. All had had to say to put it to bed was, I believe in Josh and I want to be in Buffalo. He didn’t say either of those things. This will be an issue again in the offseason and either beane or the new regime will have to handle it. Is his contact truly untradeable right now? Because things are clearly headed for a divorce 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

That’s what I thought too. He didn’t say he disagreed with anything his brother said, just only said to ask his brother about it. All had had to say to put it to bed was, I believe in Josh and I want to be in Buffalo. He didn’t say either of those things. This will be an issue again in the offseason and either beane or the new regime will have to handle it. Is his contact truly untradeable right now? Because things are clearly headed for a divorce 

Disagree. You could tell he didn’t want to put his brother on blast in the media. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I posted elsewhere, no I do not think it is. 

Pre-June 1 Trade: The team does have to eat $31M in dead cap yes. But Diggs is would cost $28M to have on the roster. So it isn't a net $30M dead cap hit, the Bills only lose $3M. There is one positive to a pre-June 1 cut and that is that Diggs is off of the books entirely for 2025. 

Post-June 1 Trade: The Bills gain $19M for the 2024 season. Huge positive, especially given our cap situation for 2024. On the other hand we have $22M in dead Diggs money for 2025. Which would stink, but it is nearly identical if he were on the roster. So the net change is $0 for 2025. 

Depending on the date a Diggs trade in 2024 has a cap hit of up to $19M for that season. That is 14th highest WR cap hit in that year. That is very good value. And because Buffalo has restructured Diggs about as far as they can, they own all the bonus money (which is essentially what dead cap is), any team that makes that trade will save money if they cut/trade him in 2025 or beyond. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

You mean what he did in training camp?  But now because they are .500 and fired their OC and his brother tweeted something it means he doesn't like it here anymore.

https://youtu.be/bjCNmgp6a8k?t=313

Edited by The Wiz

When asked how he feels about the OC change, he basically turned it back on the reporter and asked “what does it matter?”  And that’s exactly the point, it doesn’t matter. It’s a done deal.  Shut up and play, which is what Diggs meant by emphasizing he’s a professional.

It seems clear to me Diggs isn’t happy about a lot of things internally, but doesn’t want to fan the flames by speaking out about it.  It’s what he doesn’t say that is speaking most loudly here. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

When asked how he feels about the OC change, he basically turned it back on the reporter and asked “what does it matter?”  And that’s exactly the point, it doesn’t matter. It’s a done deal.  Shut up and play, which is what Diggs meant by emphasizing he’s a professional.

It seems clear to me Diggs isn’t happy about a lot of things internally, but doesn’t want to fan the flames by speaking out about it.  It’s what he doesn’t say that is speaking most loudly here. 

What does he need to say?

He answered most of those questions in training camp but since his brother made a comment it means something more?

Diggs gave the professional answer.  He isnt a guy for lip service.   The guy is a top player at his position, and is the farthest thing from a diva.  Those that get worked up are people who put personal feelings ahead of winning.

Diggs comes to play every damn week.  We have seen nothing less.  He is here, and it’s the rest of the team’s responsibility to do their part to win

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

And the Bills just fired the OC mid-season, so disfunction in Buffalo is THE story of the week. At least until the game tonight.

Yup - I thought his presser was a good like... REMINDER: My brother is an adult who is free to do and say what he wants.  I may talk to him about it, i may not, but its not any of your business.  Nothing i have said or done this season has indicated that i don't want to be here now, or tomorrow, or ever.  

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

The mental hoops some of you guys jump through to make Diggs sound like a malcontent, miserable, diva, etc is quite alarming. He’s said lots of times that Josh is his QB, he wants to win here, everything you guys want…you sound like a kid talking about his girlfriend in high school “yeah but she hasn’t said she loves me since last week, I think she’s cheating on me with some other guy 😭😭😭😭” 

next thing you know people are going to be breaking down the pauses he takes when he speaks, the inflection he uses-it’s getting out of control 

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I posted elsewhere, no I do not think it is. 

Pre-June 1 Trade: The team does have to eat $31M in dead cap yes. But Diggs is would cost $28M to have on the roster. So it isn't a net $30M dead cap hit, the Bills only lose $3M. There is one positive to a pre-June 1 cut and that is that Diggs is off of the books entirely for 2025. 

Post-June 1 Trade: The Bills gain $19M for the 2024 season. Huge positive, especially given our cap situation for 2024. On the other hand we have $22M in dead Diggs money for 2025. Which would stink, but it is nearly identical if he were on the roster. So the net change is $0 for 2025. 

Depending on the date a Diggs trade in 2024 has a cap hit of up to $19M for that season. That is 14th highest WR cap hit in that year. That is very good value. And because Buffalo has restructured Diggs about as far as they can, they own all the bonus money (which is essentially what dead cap is), any team that makes that trade will save money if they cut/trade him in 2025 or beyond. 

I still don't really know... why he'd supposedly demand a trade.  He got paid here into his 30s as a WR, not usually a given.  So money isn't a motivator - and this is the case in probably 99% of trade demands.  He wanted out of Minnesota for usage concerns (they had the 3rd fewest pass attempts his last year there)... well he's among the most targeted players in football since going to buffalo.  He's on a contender with a QB.  

Hopkins wanted a trade to a contender.  It didn't work, and he was released - and ended up signing with a non-contender because of his monetary demands.  Buffalo can't cut him - it would be a net negative to the cap.  He's not rodgers... there isn't anything he can do to prevent getting sent to Green Bay, or Atlanta or something.  

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The mental hoops some of you guys jump through to make Diggs sound like a malcontent, miserable, diva, etc is quite alarming. He’s said lots of times that Josh is his QB, he wants to win here, everything you guys want…you sound like a kid talking about his girlfriend in high school “yeah but she hasn’t said she loves me since last week, I think she’s cheating on me with some other guy 😭😭😭😭” 

next thing you know people are going to be breaking down the pauses he takes when he speaks, the inflection he uses-it’s getting out of control 

Part of the problem is the information that is given out.  Some people don't get enough and some people get too much.

Don't get enough are watching ESPN/Fox/etc sports media that spin whatever they want.

Too much is seeing Treyvon make a comment on twitter and his brother replies to it in a positive way toward the team and his QB but need to spin it into a negative because they aren't happy with their team right now.

Like I said before, Diggs addressed all of this earlier in the season and the only thing he seems annoyed about right now, is the narrative that he doesn't want to be here or like Allen.  It's pretty sad how everything needs to be a bad thing when someone says something. 

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I still don't really know... why he'd supposedly demand a trade.  He got paid here into his 30s as a WR, not usually a given.  So money isn't a motivator - and this is the case in probably 99% of trade demands.  He wanted out of Minnesota for usage concerns (they had the 3rd fewest pass attempts his last year there)... well he's among the most targeted players in football since going to buffalo.  He's on a contender with a QB.  

Hopkins wanted a trade to a contender.  It didn't work, and he was released - and ended up signing with a non-contender because of his monetary demands.  Buffalo can't cut him - it would be a net negative to the cap.  He's not rodgers... there isn't anything he can do to prevent getting sent to Green Bay, or Atlanta or something.  

I am not advocating cutting or trading him unless of course he demands it. And to your point, why the fork would he do that, his situation here is pretty good. His "net negative" is $3M next year. My only argument is with people who say "he can't be moved his contract is too prohibitive". It isn't. 

That said, I don't think he finishes his contract here in Buffalo. It is just really high and extends all the way passed his 34th birthday After 2024 the team saves money by moving on. Right now I think $27-$28M for a receiver is too big of a hit multiple years in a row. I wouldn't balk at a high year or two, but he is about to have 4 of them. The only way to avoid those numbers and keep him is an extension. at a value I would guess he wouldn't take right now. He is a top 5 receiver and we would be asking him to sign a 3 year $12M AAV deal. Which sounds crazy. But also he would be 37 tears old when that ends and we have no idea the type of player anybody will be at that age. 

40 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

What does he need to say?

He answered most of those questions in training camp but since his brother made a comment it means something more?

If you listened to his presser, that was exactly his point and he addressed it perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I did and he answered the questions that were asked.  What didn't he say that was telling was my question?

Ah, sorry.  

The fact that he didn’t dispute his brother’s X post was telling to me. As was his refusal to say how he felt about the change in OC.  Those things suggest to me that Diggs is not happy with some things going on behind the scene.  

Instead of giving some lie that “all is well”, he pointed out his professionalism and questioned why his opinion should matter.  He could have just said the usual “politically right” things, but chose not to. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Ah, sorry.  

The fact that he didn’t dispute his brother’s X post was telling to me. As was his refusal to say how he felt about the change in OC.  Those things suggest to me that Diggs is not happy with some things going on behind the scene.  

Instead of giving some lie that “all is well”, he pointed out his professionalism and questioned why his opinion should matter.  He could have just said the usual “politically right” things, but chose not to. 

No problem. 👍

I honestly didn't expect him to say anything about his brothers X post because he doesn't even say anything about his own X or IG post.  He's always cryptic in that sense and I think he likes the attention.  I don't think it means anything.

I don't think anything was politically wrong.  He said he had no say in it so why does it matter?  It was honest.  It wasn't the canned "I love him.  He's been great with Josh and I think he will help us out" regarding Brady.  He spoke his mind but didn't throw anyone under the bus (well he kind of did but was at least nice about it).

Does he have issues with the move? maybe.

But... he might be happier than he has ever been because Dorsey is gone.

I honestly think the stuff that happened in camp is more telling about how things were happening inside the locker room/meetings.  You're right in that sense.  He wasn't happy.  And I think that the direction of the offense and how they were going forward was a part of it.  His brother didn't need to tweet anything to show his frustration on the sideline in the playoffs last year. 

Something was going on that he didn't like.  Was it Josh? again, could be.  The way they play together and are around each other tells me otherwise.  Diggs has never acted like a "fake" person.  We saw that with the Vikings.  He didn't think he was appreciated so he tried to get out.  I don't see him doing that now.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Haha (+1) 1

Interesting that the take on here is much different than what it is on Twitter. On Twitter, everyone is rejoicing and for some reason thinking this was a great press conference and Diggs diffused everything.

I don't have the same take on this that those on Twitter do. Towards the end, I think Stef is saying that he is unhappy, but it doesn't matter because there's nothing that can be done about it (because of untradable contract). He's saying he's unhappy but remaining professional.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Interesting that the take on here is much different than what it is on Twitter. On Twitter, everyone is rejoicing and for some reason thinking this was a great press conference and Diggs diffused everything.

I don't have the same take on this that those on Twitter do. Towards the end, I think Stef is saying that he is unhappy, but it doesn't matter because there's nothing that can be done about it (because of untradable contract). He's saying he's unhappy but remaining professional.

Twitter is something else. Maybe we are a little more cynical here? Maybe I am projecting my own ways, because I am definitely cynical. The comments on Twitter are too much though. "Trevon shaking his fists at the sky!!" "See, I told you he was good!!" "Leave him alone, you guys are trying to run him out of town!!!". I just cannot. I would not want people to be as cynical as I am, but at least be a little more objective about all of this.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I agree. 

Also, Stef has been great this year. Sure I wish he would put some of this to bed but to his point he’s been a total professional this season. I appreciate he’s unhappy and grateful he’s improved as a player and a teammate. 

If he has to go at some point he has to go. I’ll be upset but understand from all parties. 

Hoping he ends his career here though. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

“Un-captain like behavior?” 

The guy is the only one that still seems to have some fire in him, he didn’t like the way this team was rolling since last year and he’s been completely proven right. He’s been quiet as a mouse while all this has been going down, and he would be completely right to speak up. 

IF he speaks up and starts ruffling feathers, I’d 100% back it. The guy wants to win and be competitive, that sentiment doesn’t seem to be shared by this team. 

I completely expect that he’s going to try and find a way off this team, and I wouldnt hold it against him. In fact, I think we should do it. He’s the only one on this team outside of Allen that would still command a return, and given how this team has been functioning with a bonafide #1 receiver it doesn’t seem to matter. 

Imo, this teams needs a re-tooling and Diggs won’t be the same guy he is now by the time we’re ready to compete again. Get what you can now for the future. 

I was quoting the response from post

On 11/14/2023 at 12:12 AM, Baba Booey said:

Guys hate to say this but Allen isn’t the QB we thought he was. Still making dumb mother fing decisions!!! Should have had another int in the first quarter!! Dude is not good!!

So fellas I e seen your comments, tell me truthfully. Would we not be better with Mahomes, who Mc Dipsh$$ passed on, or Joshua at this point? Be honest!

11 hours ago, CaliBills said:

This was just from the Bills vs Broncos Highlights.  Easy to watch and see.

Watch the first three plays of the Bills offense, Each time after someone else has the ball he stands around.  Each time.  Even the run block he half asses it cause it went the other way. no trying to sell it, nothing. Just eh here I put my arms on you.  "Good Enough".

Interception through Davis hands, even Dion ran over, no Diggs in site.  

That shows to me he is playing selfishly.

And another one

At the :59 mark, you talk about Diggs half butting his blocking. The CB isnt really doing anything either. I dont know what you want Diggs to do instead, no one on defense is even keying on Diggs except that CB, so its not like he is tipping the D off.

Why go super hard on a CB who isnt trying. Thats asking to piss off the CB, and that CB jamming and hitting Diggs hard on the next run play after that. Great way to get injured when he has 0% impact on that play regardless of how "hard" he plays it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Didn’t refute him either.  Problem with Stephon is he did same thing to Cousins and the Vikings.  It’s a 2 way street though. And if the Bills can get a 1st in the off-season for him or even a high 2nd, I’m moving on if I’m the Bills.  The Diggs production vs drama ratio will quickly turn negative once he loses a step and he might’ve already lost half a step.  Time to cut bait.  

So in no way am I even close to being a conspiracy theorist as many on this board are. Seems there are many posters here that if it was reported a player ate a doughnut with his left hand there's be an entire thread as to the deep meaning of that.

For the most part don't believe much of all the Digg turmoil.  However:

On the 81 yard TD to Shakir, both Davis and Cook and even Allen who was way behind the play all were in the endzone congratulating him on the play.  But no where was Diggs to be found.  I rewound the play to verify if Diggs was on the field for the play and can confirm he was.  Noticed on the TD earlier to Johnson, again Davis was right there, but no Diggs, though didn't replay that one to verify his being on the field.

So does start to make me wonder if there is more to it.  4 receptions for 27 yards can't help him feel good about things.  One the CBS pregame Nate B predicted he won't be back next year, though likely he had no idea on cap issues with him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.