Thursday night football-Titans @ Steelers 8:15 Prime Video NFL+

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

How is Porter getting away with all this PI? Every time Hopkins runs a route down the sideline Porter just blocks him from blowing past him. He's not even being subtle. He's got both arms spread out preventing Hopkins from running the route. 

All the ticky tack stuff called PI these days and Porter is just out here commiting the most blatant PI and they're not calling it.

Looks pretty similar to what Sauce was doing last year. Head is turned around, facing the play and shielding the receiver to the sideline. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Will say this… Living in the Pitt area, a lot of Steelers fans are only showing patience for the kid due to his collegiate career and  Matt Canada.

He definitely needs a better system tailored to his strengths of short and intermediate throws that are quick and easy to process the right read on. 

Bro in law is huge steelers fan. I try to be civil but Pickett is making it hard for me to 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

How is Porter getting away with all this PI? Every time Hopkins runs a route down the sideline Porter just blocks him from blowing past him. He's not even being subtle. He's got both arms spread out preventing Hopkins from running the route. 

All the ticky tack stuff called PI these days and Porter is just out here commiting the most blatant PI and they're not calling it.

That's Porter's MO.  He did it a lot at Penn State.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

To be fair, Pickett didn’t look half bad in the game against us last year. But in general he seems to have the yips… Always seems like he’s rushed 

Didn't they score 3 points? I'll be honest I don't remember how he played. But it couldn't have been that good lol. 

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Looks pretty similar to what Sauce was doing last year. Head is turned around, facing the play and shielding the receiver to the sideline. 

AKA defensive pass interference?

He doesn't even have his head turned around either. He's facing down field and just blocking Hopkins from getting past him. It's crazy.

I guess the Malik Willis era is officially over in Tennessee. 

The word on Levis has been that he’s talented but he’s kind of a prick and all into himself.  Doesn’t seem to be hampering his NFL development. All anyone cares about in the pros, can you complete passes and move the chains!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Bro in law is huge steelers fan. I try to be civil but Pickett is making it hard for me to 

Has he got his South Park shirt yet…???

Saw a store that was selling them in Fox Hill area…

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.j

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

AKA defensive pass interference?

He doesn't even have his head turned around either. He's facing down field and just blocking Hopkins from getting past him. It's crazy.

😂

I didn’t say it was a technically legal style…

Just that’s what he does. Make sure he’s facing the play or ball so the call can fall on his favor if questionable. 

Can’t fault it. More often than not that’s what the referee is looking for on a lot of plays downfield…

Also helps too to make a play on the ball. 

Keep doing it until they stop it…

🤷‍♂️

Edited by BBFL

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Didn't they score 3 points? I'll be honest I don't remember how he played. But it couldn't have been that good lol. 

Yeah but he was the sole reason they were moving the ball up and down the field… drives stalled out just outside or in the RZ. 

Believe he threw the ball around 45/50 times if I recall correctly. 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't remember the last time I saw an illegal contact penalty and thought it was a good call/something that needed to be penalized. It has way too big an impact on the game being an automatic first down and j just think it's being called way too often. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Process said:

I can't remember the last time I saw an illegal contact penalty and thought it was a good call/something that needed to be penalized. It has way too big an impact on the game being an automatic first down and j just think it's being called way too often. 

Feels like they’re bending over backwards trying to prop up offenses this year.  

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

My parlay has requested a meeting with Matt Canada.  Just to remind them of this Pickens guy they have, 

I was going to say oh yeah he's there, but that was awful, what the hell was that he had so much space to get that foot down.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Especially because the contact is almost always caused by the receiver. They just expect the defender to instantly get out of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.