Confirmed Trades Thread 2023

bills742

5 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Vikings trading for Cardinals QB Josh Dobbs following Kirk Cousins' season-ending injury

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-trading-for-cardinals-qb-josh-dobbs-following-kirk-cousins-season-ending

Well...I guess better than nothing. Dobbs hasn't been awful in Arizona and everyone thought he would be.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Official Report Bills trading for...🥁...🦗🦗🦗

If you haven’t noticed, the only team of consequence to acquire anything is the Seahawks. And, they are borderline contenders. So, there’s a lot happening behind the scenes and ain’t nothing come to fruition yet.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

NFL trade deadline is usually pretty quiet, at least compared to other sports leagues. Not sure if it has to do with players needing more time to fit in the team’s scheme, or the way contracts are structured.

Obvious sellers are hard to come by…not too many teams are cooked before November. 

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

NFL trade deadline is usually pretty quiet, at least compared to other sports leagues. Not sure if it has to do with players needing more time to fit in the team’s scheme, or the way contracts are structured.

Up until the last few years trades almost never happened...it was almost like one day all the GMs woke up and they all started calling each other and were like "Did you know we can actually make trades before the deadline?"  

I think pushing it back a few weeks helped a lot since more teams knew what bucket they were likely to fall in by that time and more teams were willing to part with players whereas when it was earlier, more teams still thought they had a chance.

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

someone wake me up when something of consequence happens

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Minnesota. Why would you do this?

Guessing it is because they don’t want to pay a top OG market value. Cleveland is an FA after his rookie deal expires this season. Also Kwesi has been moving vets off of the roster to add picks to acquire a QB.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Chase Young to the 49ers

Jeebus. That Dline is disgusting 

8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They are tanking.  Past time to rebuild there

You can tank, but if you want to get a new quarterback in there, it will be nice to have someone to protect him, and they just gave away one of the better guards in the league

Edited by MiltonWaddams

10 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You can tank, but if you want to get a new quarterback in there, it will be nice to have someone to protect him, and they just gave away one of the better guards in the league

I saw the compensation was a 6th. I’d have done that trade just for the insurance he would bring lol

19 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I never said smart lol.  My brother is a vikes fan and he is just about done with them 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.