What was your favorite Halloween candy?

BillsPride12

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Milky Way, Snickers, and 3 musketeers. Any one of these will do. If I have to pick one, it would be 3 musketeers.

It's funny I left Milky Way off my list because that was actually my all-time favorite Candy Bar as a kid but I guess I don't associate it with Halloween as much because I used to get them year round.  I didn't call them Milky Ways though for awhile and now I can't remember what name I had for them when I was little lol.  My grandma used to always get them for me.  

• Like (+1) 1

Snickers

Mallo Cups

After filling up the pillow cases, we'd go to one of our neighbors who had a huge picnic table

and deck area.  There we feasted on DiCamillo donuts, hot chocolate or apple cider.

Many candy exchanges occurred at this table.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I wasn’t into any specific candy that much, it was more of a VOLUME thing. We would get pillow cases and garbage bags full of candy, stash them in some bushes and start filling up a new one. There was no way one person could eat all that candy…..and live to tell the tale. 

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wasn’t into any specific candy that much, it was more of a VOLUME thing. We would get pillow cases and garbage bags full of candy, stash them in some bushes and start filling up a new one. There was no way one person could eat all that candy…..and live to tell the tale. 

That's what it was like when I was a kid too.  I would start off trick or treating in my parents neighborhood, then my parents would take us over to both of my Grandmother's neighborhoods and we would go trick or treating all over there too with my cousin.  We would have legitimately 3 bags full of Candy and would go back to my Grandma's after we were done and then we would count our stash and make trades etc.  Looking back those are still great memories.  I feel like trick or treating doesn't resonate with the younger generation the same way it did back then.  

almond joys.

I would have said mallo cups but I don't think I ever got any in a  halloween haul. I collected the paper coins to redeem for candy  and spent every spare cent I had on them when I was a kid.  Mallo cups omg. ♥️

@LewPort71 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Terrible timing 

My dentist would disagree with you.  Haha

It is funny though watching The Sopranos and seeing Anthony Jr drink Coke at every meal (liquid candy as my dad would call it) and thinking that’s disgusting!  But at his age I did it too 

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I think I have diabetes from candy I got as a teenager. 

One of my bags I was carrying had costume items and I'd change and go back to houses giving good stuff and join other groups.  Only one neighbor refused and I think it is because one of their kids snitched.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think I have diabetes from candy I got as a teenager. 

One of my bags I was carrying had costume items and I'd change and go back to houses giving good stuff and join other groups.  Only one neighbor refused and I think it is because one of their kids snitched.

Devious little child, you were! Clever, but devious.  😂 

I was all about the bounty. The HEFT!  I never ate much of it. 

Good question.

Personally, I eat way too much of the stuff mostly because it’s around. In reality I don’t actually like it all that much, but will mindlessly have a piece here and there. I should be better about it.

I think skittles are likely my favorite. One of the many things I and Marshawn Lynch have in common. 

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One of the guys I tailgate with brings these to the game.......

nutritionimage-front_orig.png

I immediately chucked those things if I found them in my bag.   

Never minded those at all. 

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Never minded those at all. 

Too much like sugar right from the bowl for me.   Serious question.........do you drink milk during Bills games?    The guys I know that eat the candy that was old folks candy even back in the 70's buy flavored milk instead of soft drinks.      

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Too much like sugar right from the bowl for me.   Serious question.........do you drink milk during Bills games?    The guys I know that eat the candy that was old folks candy even back in the 70's buy flavored milk instead of soft drinks.      

Usually around 6-8 of those brewed milks.

I don't mind any of the old time candy really... other than the orange "peanuts". 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Interesting to me that not one mention for Butterfinger yet.  I used to love those things and remember them being very popular in the 90s.  That might have also been due to the heavy amount of advertising they did with the Simpsons(in it's Prime) back then

image.png.57b6b7a1660157da07b9bb04732d9a17.png

Honestly that’s the one candy I’ve never liked 

• Shocked 1

On 10/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, it's not Starburst.  Taste great, but the side effects are horrible.  I think dentists invented those as 'rapid filling extractors'.  Probably could double as automotive body dent filler as well.

Mary Jane.  Same thing but tastes worse!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.