Get your tissues ready!!

Bubba Gump

Just the little preview from Tirico and Collinsworth about the Hamlin game last year, brought tears to my eyes. It's gonna be tough to watch that again. I'm sure they will make it a huge storyline, as it should be. But I'm gonna lose it all over again. Gonna be a hard watch, until Josh craps all over Burrow. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Just now, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Man I hope you are right about Josh.  Bungles look very tough.  Had they not had some fumbles, they would have put 40+ on the niners.  Offense is going to need to get seven on most possessions and somehow we need to get pressure on Joe.  

Maybe the Damar factor will get these guys pumped. And Dorsey needs to let Josh be Josh again. He let him loose for the first half Thursday, but then started to reel him in during the second half. He can't do that. Take the leash off for all 4 qtrs. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Man I hope you are right about Josh.  Bungles look very tough.  Had they not had some fumbles, they would have put 40+ on the niners.  Offense is going to need to get seven on most possessions and somehow we need to get pressure on Joe.  

Burrow was 28-32.  

I suppose there's always hope that they spent some of themselves on today's win.  

Either way, McD will have had 10 days to have the team prepared.  They'd better hit the field looking the part.  

How'd the Bengal OL look?   Did you watch the game?   Niners have a formidable Front 7.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Burrow was 28-32.  

I suppose there's always hope that they spent some of themselves on today's win.  

Either way, McD will have had 10 days to have the team prepared.  They'd better hit the field looking the part.  

How'd the Bengal OL look?   Did you watch the game?   Niners have a formidable Front 7.  

Not to say the Bengals don’t look legit, but Cousins went 35/45 for 378 and 2 TD’s against that same defense 2 weeks ago.  

SF has lost 3 in a row and looks lost on both sides of the ball right now. 

*Ironically enough, they sustained some injuries and went off the rails after dismantling a rival.  Sound familiar?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Either way, McD will have had 10 days to have the team prepared.  They'd better hit the field looking the part

This right here will tell me a lot about McD. 10 days......10 f'n days. If he can't figure it out, then he will never get this team over the hump. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This right here will tell me a lot about McD. 10 days......10 f'n days. If he can't figure it out, then he will never get this team over the hump. 

Unfortunately, Tre White, Matt Milano and DaQuan Jones aren't walking through that door....there is only so much that can be done with the D as presently constituted....

The O scoring 30+ points is paramount if the Bills are to have a legitimate shot at winning this game.

I think it can be done, but its going to be a tough one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not to say the Bengals don’t look legit, but Cousins went 35/45 for 378 and 2 TD’s against that same defense 2 weeks ago.  

SF has lost 3 in a row and looks lost on both sides of the ball right now. 

*Ironically enough, they sustained some injuries and went off the rails after dismantling a rival.  Sound familiar?

Their issues appear to be re: their offense though, they don't have a ton of injuries there.  

Aiyuk and Kittle are still great receiving options.  

44 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

The turnovers went both ways in that game today.  Cincy got their share of breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Burrow was 28-32.  

The Bengals looked about as good as any team I've seen this year. Bills have their work cut out for them. 49ers got a little pressure early, but when they did, Burrow made them pay.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Buftex said:

The Bengals looked about as good as any team I've seen this year. Bills have their work cut out for them. 49ers got a little pressure early, but when they did, Burrow made them pay.  

Burrow seems to be healed.  

All eyes on McD to see what he has up his sleeve, if anything.  

The ball's in his court.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Burrow was 28-32.  

McD and his coaching staff got thoroughly embarrassed in that playoff game. Out coached in every way. Unprepared is an accurate statement. 

Put aside all the turmoil of the season. What was most bothersome was the Bills game plan. To this day, I have no idea what they were doing? They had a dress rehearsal a few weeks prior which should have prepared them to have an effective game plan. Or a the very least different game plan. Nothing zero zilch...

Fast forward to this week and we Bills fans believe this coaching staff will step up? Why would you think that? Please elaborate because I want to hear a logical and realistic response. 

Add on the team hasn't played well in several games. The defense is a shell of itself. You really think the Bills can stop or contain Burrow and company? I'd recommend you rewatch last year's game for a reference. 

I just pounded the Bengals at -2.5 for one of my bigger bets I've made. 

50 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Burrow was 28-32.  

They looked the part. They played well in every phase. They look to be hitting their best stride. They shredded the niner defense. Burrow looked elite, in control, poised, and virtually unstoppable. It was a lot like when they throttled the Bills. 

40 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

To be truthful it's not that simple. He should absolutely have a game which tries to give the Bills the best chance to win. That's all you can ask for. I'm just not seeing how this depleted D can stop the Burrow leD. No if they had a healthy Tre, DJones, Milano, and Von then I'd like their chance. That's just not the case here. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Burrow seems to be healed.  

All eyes on McD to see what he has up his sleeve, if anything.  

The ball's in his court.  

You can't make poop smell like ice cream. The McD defense is seriously depleted. This is the week we really see the effects of losing your three stars on defense. 

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

McD and his coaching staff got thoroughly embarrassed in that playoff game. Out coached in every way. Unprepared is an accurate statement. 

Put aside all the turmoil of the season. What was most bothersome was the Bills game plan. To this day, I have no idea what they were doing? They had a dress rehearsal a few weeks prior which should have prepared them to have an effective game plan. Or a the very least different game plan. Nothing zero zilch...

Fast forward to this week and we Bills fans believe this coaching staff will step up? Why would you think that? Please elaborate because I want to hear a logical and realistic response. 

Add on the team hasn't played well in several games. The defense is a shell of itself. You really think the Bills can stop or contain Burrow and company? I'd recommend you rewatch last year's game for a reference. 

I'm not expecting it.  At the same time, the game hasn't been played yet.

You know my take, it hasn't changed.  In fact, it's playing out right on schedule.

McD has enough rope to hang himself with and he seems to be doing just that.  

Whether he switches this season or not is on him.  This is the season that the fence-sitters for McD are going to fall to one of the other side.  It seems clear where that's headed, but who knows, maybe he'll have an epiphany or something.  

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You can't make poop smell like ice cream. The McD defense is seriously depleted. This is the week we really see the effects of losing your three stars on defense. 

We should have been an offense-centric team the past four seasons.  

Our D, while impressive during the regular season, has absolutely sucked in the playoffs.  I have no idea why everyone is harping on it as if without it our playoff success chances are limited.

Our offense has had to overcome our defense in all but one playoff game under McD in the past three seasons.

Or offense has no significant injuries. 

Play ball!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Special K said:

Unfortunately, Tre White, Matt Milano and DaQuan Jones aren't walking through that door....there is only so much that can be done with the D as presently constituted....

The O scoring 30+ points is paramount if the Bills are to have a legitimate shot at winning this game.

I think it can be done, but its going to be a tough one.

Weeks 2 & 3 we saw what a healthy front 7 meant to this defense.  Now alot of that is gone. Von's still not even close to being ready. And without DQ, the pressure up the middle just isn't there.  And obviously Matt's not flying around making Bernard look like a pro bowler.  We absolutely must expect a high scoring game.  And somehow we have to move "home alone" off his spot.  Josh will have very little room for errors.  Maybe some deadline help will come?  We'll need it.

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I just pounded the Bengals at -2.5 for one of my bigger bets I've made. 

They looked the part. They played well in every phase. They look to be hitting their best stride. They shredded the niner defense. Burrow looked elite, in control, poised, and virtually unstoppable. It was a lot like when they throttled the Bills. 

To be truthful it's not that simple. He should absolutely have a game which tries to give the Bills the best chance to win. That's all you can ask for. I'm just not seeing how this depleted D can stop the Burrow leD. No if they had a healthy Tre, DJones, Milano, and Von then I'd like their chance. That's just not the case here. 

Haha sounds like you’ve got a personal investment on the line and are trying to convince yourself you made the right call.

They may win,they may lose, but I think it’s far from the slam dunk that you think it is. Bengals will certainly score points though I don’t think anyone is arguing that.  

it’s not so much overrating what the bengals are capable of as it is underrating what the bills are imo and you are putting far too much stock in a game from last season.  Cincy was one of the best defenses in the league last year and this year they haven’t been nearly as good.  By pretty much any advanced metric,  the TB defense is better than cincy’s and we moved the ball quite well against them.  

SF is a mess with purdy and no Deebo, they are a sub .500 team without a doubt.  This isn’t like the bengals went out and stymied the 2007 pats like you’re making it sound 😂. Despite that SF just had a few boneheaded turnovers…they racked up 460 yards. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha sounds like you’ve got a personal investment on the line and are trying to convince yourself you made the right call.

They may win,they may lose, but I think it’s far from the slam dunk that you think it is. Bengals will certainly score points though I don’t think anyone is arguing that.  

it’s not so much overrating what the bengals are capable of as it is underrating what the bills are imo and you are putting far too much stock in a game from last season.  Cincy was one of the best defenses in the league last year and this year they haven’t been nearly as good.  By pretty much any advanced metric,  the TB defense is better than cincy’s and we moved the ball quite well against them.  

SF is a mess with purdy and no Deebo, they are a sub .500 team without a doubt.  This isn’t like the bengals went out and stymied the 2007 pats like you’re making it sound 😂. Despite that SF just had a few boneheaded turnovers…they racked up 460 yards. 

We will see how it plays out. We disagree on lots here. 

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

We will see how it plays out. We disagree on lots here. 

I mean not as much as you think…I could absolutely see the bills scoring 30+ and you can’t I think that’s the only real difference.  

nobody is saying we’re gonna completely shut them down on offense that I’ve seen but I do think we can get a few stops 

both teams are completely different than last year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean not as much as you think…I could absolutely see the bills scoring 30+ and you can’t I think that’s the only real difference.  

nobody is saying we’re gonna completely shut them down on offense that I’ve seen but I do think we can get a few stops 

both teams are completely different than last year 

I think the Bills can score on the Bengals. It's not crazy to think they can't score 30 plus. 

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Burrow was 28-32.  

They couldn’t get any pressure ball was out quick.  Burrow was under center more than I have seen before.   Bengals will spread our defense apart.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Maybe the Damar factor will get these guys pumped. And Dorsey needs to let Josh be Josh again. He let him loose for the first half Thursday, but then started to reel him in during the second half. He can't do that. Take the leash off for all 4 qtrs. 

Just like they were fired up for the playoffs against the Bengals last year?

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

The WHOLE dang team should have been at OBD yesterday watching the Bengals/Niners game, but I’d guess that they weren’t.

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Nah, miss me with this.  

We had Top 2 talent on Defense before those 3 injuries. 

With those injuries, we’re more middle of the pack.  

They still have Floyd, Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, Johnson, Benford, Hyde and Poyer. 

We’ve been hit hard, but due to the talent level they began with, this isn’t some mash unit that people want to pretend they’ve become.  It’s a tiresome excuse. 

That being said, there’s a reason so many people want us to get Josh another weapon.  Sometimes elite defense doesn’t matter much.  Eagles defense let them down in the Super Bowl.. when healthy Bills & Niners had the two most talented defenses this year… Niners defense is healthy and has been struggled big time for two weeks in a row against the Vikings and Bengals. 

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nah, miss me with this.  

We had Top 2 talent on Defense before those 3 injuries. 

With those injuries, we’re more middle of the pack.  

They still have Floyd, Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, Johnson, Benford, Hyde and Poyer. 

We’ve been hit hard, but due to the talent level they began with, this isn’t some mash unit that people want to pretend they’ve become.  It’s a tiresome excuse. 

That being said, there’s a reason so many people want us to get Josh another weapon.  Sometimes elite defense doesn’t matter much.  Eagles defense let them down in the Super Bowl.. when healthy Bills & Niners had the two most talented defenses this year… Niners defense is healthy and has been struggled big time for two weeks in a row against the Vikings and Bengals. 

Exactly my point. If the Bengals can shred the elite defense of the niners what to you think they are going to do to the Bills in their stadium? 

We've already seen them dismantle the Bills defense two times last year. 

You think this  Bills defense which may be worse than last year's defense can be successful? 

The only realistic chance for the Bills to win is if Josh Allen aka Clark Kent turns into superman. It's possible he can. 

We have 2 of the top football teams over the last 3 years meeting for an important mid season game. And a huge bulk of the coverage will be about someone that likely won't even be on the field.

I don't like that the questions all week for the team will likely center around the Hamlin incident and put them back into that mode. This was for many of them one of the toughest moments of their life. It's really time to move on. 

It's also unfair to Damar. The kid is forever going to be known for this. Let him get on with his life. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Exactly my point. If the Bengals can shred the elite defense of the niners what to you think they are going to do to the Bills in their stadium? 

We've already seen them dismantle the Bills defense two times last year. 

You think this  Bills defense which may be worse than last year's defense can be successful? 

The only realistic chance for the Bills to win is if Josh Allen aka Clark Kent turns into superman. It's possible he can. 

I think it’s about coaching, and I’m not going to give McDermott the injury excuse all year.  

We still have middle of the pack talent on defense and he needs to put them in positions to succeed Sunday Night.  

He did that against a less talented offense in Tampa.  Sometimes they did, and sometimes, flukeyness aside, they didnt. 

I feel immediately better about our chances without whatever that Frazier-led defense we saw last year was.  

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Yes, and I’ve preached this before…let Josh be Josh.

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think it’s about coaching, and I’m not going to give McDermott the injury excuse all year.  

We still have middle of the pack talent on defense and he needs to put them in positions to succeed Sunday Night.  

He did that against a less talented offense in Tampa.  Sometimes they did, and sometimes, flukeyness aside, they didnt. 

I feel immediately better about our chances without whatever that Frazier-led defense we saw last year was.  

No doubt McD is an upgrade over Fraizer. In fairness to McD, he just doesn't have the players to contain Cinci. You just can't lose your three best players on defense and say next man up or coach them up. 

This week the Bills fans will feel the impact of losing 3 superstars on defense. 

Make no mistake about it the Bills need the Allen that showed up in KC playoff game 2 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is a great point, however, this game is bout how Josh does against their defense, which was stifling and made the 49ers look silly. In the playoff game, our complete inability to get any offense going for most of the game was also a big reason why we lost.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

28 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No doubt McD is an upgrade over Fraizer. In fairness to McD, he just doesn't have the players to contain Cinci. You just can't lose your three best players on defense and say next man up or coach them up. 

This week the Bills fans will feel the impact of losing 3 superstars on defense. 

Make no mistake about it the Bills need the Allen that showed up in KC playoff game 2 years ago. 

We’ve already felt that.  Mac Jones carved us up.  

We’re going to give up points.  

We need the offense to be back… and not “oh hey, they looked good early and then faded” back.  

That being said, we need our Defense to make a few plays/get a few stops.  

They didn’t look capable of that last year.  The reason McDermott took over is so that they are capable .. and going from Top 2 talent Defense to Middle of the Pack Defense isn’t an excuse to not get a few stops/make a few plays, so that we can win if the Offense is truly starting to figure it out again. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.