Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Herbert is such a weird QB he has talent but when it gets to be crunch time he folds like an accordion but he’s really good at running up the stats against bad teams. 

He also suffers from brain dead staley syndrome. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Just when I thought Cris.Collinsworth couldn't get anymore stupid? He just said "a touchdown here gets the Bears 7."

Thanks genius, I had no clue.

must be trying to cater to the Taylor Swift crowd who’s tuning into football for almost the first time ever.

(and it’s 6, not 7, Chris).

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I find collingsworth is good when he doesn’t have the man crush.

Like when it’s with Mahomes or Cincinnati, he’s brutal.

But as an analyst, he’s actually pretty good

He’s just trying soooooOoooooo hard to prop up this Chicago kid.  

I dunno, I could be wrong, but I think he has a pre-written script that he tries to stick to or work in any time he can.

LOL Herbert dirts the ball in front of Edmunds and he doesn’t even pretend to be trying for it.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Sounds like Soldier Field west…

I’ve been to a few of these Chargers games and in almost every one of them the opposing team’s fans are much louder. The game against Dallas was deafening whenever Dallas had a positive play. Must feel weird to be a Charger or Ram, there’s no home field advantage. 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He’s just trying soooooOoooooo hard to prop up this Chicago kid.  

I dunno, I could be wrong, but I think he has a pre-written script that he tries to stick to or work in any time he can.

LOL Herbert dirts the ball in front of Edmunds and he doesn’t even pretend to be trying for it.

True, I definitely think that’s accurate about his pre game narratives.

Overall I’m not a fan of him.

But I do think he’s very good in breaking down plays in a small amount of time. (When he doesn’t have his homer glasses on)

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was also a crazy game. It was relatively close, but once it got a bit out of hand the Broncos D gave up. Remember, it was a week 3 game in Miami with a heat index over 100. 

Hard to forget that home field shade benefit Miami has on warm days.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

True, I definitely think that’s accurate about his pre game narratives.

Overall I’m not a fan of him.

But I do think he’s very good in breaking down plays in a small amount of time. (When he doesn’t have his homer glasses on)

OK we have common ground.  Collinsworth does know ball and he can break a play down well, when he tries.

One of the things I like about Amazon’s coverage is that they diagram plays pretty frequently during the game which I personally like.

It’s just that Collinsworth good breakdowns and good background to blather ratio is too skewed on the side of blather

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Chili on spaghetti is horrible, no matter where it's made.

Normally, I want to agree with all the Bengals bashing here, but Cincinnati Chili is actually pretty good. I can't eat it due to the heartburn, but I miss it like I miss wings.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I honestly didn’t even know Tremaine was playing tonight and apparently Bears fans didn’t notice he was playing either. 

I honestly think the Bears thought he would be a cornerstone of an excellent defense.  His contract plus his level of play is killing careers among the Bears front office and coaching staff. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.