Matthew Perry Passed Away

aristocrat

This hit me hard.  I'm 41 and Matthew Perry to me feels like the first Ultra Celeb of my generation to pass away.  His character Chandler was my favorite of the friends.

Sounds like it could have been a heart attack in the hot tub.  Surprisingly, a lot of people have heart attacks in hot tubs.

RIP, you will be missed 

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

I'm not sure if it could be more to this than the details that have been reported, but it just seems weird to me that he simply drowned in a hot tub. I mean if falling asleep you would think it wakes you up soon as your face started to go under water.\

Idk, 

This goes to the greater question, which need not be answered at this time, imo. Was it a heart attack? Was it after some substance abuse? Something else? None of that matters in this moment. 

It’s certainly curious, but right now I’m focused on his life and his legacy. I LOVED his bit above where he knew he’d be remembered for Friends, but he wished he’d be remembered for trying to help people. I will choose to remember that, Matthew, in your honor.  You deserve it. 

RIP

21 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I'm not sure if it could be more to this than the details that have been reported, but it just seems weird to me that he simply drowned in a hot tub. I mean if falling asleep you would think it wakes you up soon as your face started to go under water.\

Idk, 

I've seen some articles that said it could have been a heart attack/cardiac arrest.  Another article I saw said that he had been playing pickleball for two hours beforehand.  So maybe lots of cardio with a heart issue?  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

This goes to the greater question, which need not be answered at this time, imo. Was it a heart attack? Was it after some substance abuse? Something else? None of that matters in this moment. 

It’s certainly curious, but right now I’m focused on his life and his legacy. I LOVED his bit above where he knew he’d be remembered for Friends, but he wished he’d be remembered for trying to help people. I will choose to remember that, Matthew, in your honor.  You deserve it. 

RIP

That's the thing, from what I've seen so far it was reported there was no drugs or anything. Just drowned in hot tub. 

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

I've seen some articles that said it could have been a heart attack/cardiac arrest.  Another article I saw said that he had been playing pickleball for two hours beforehand.  So maybe lots of cardio with a heart issue?  

Oh ok, I didn't see that. Thanks, that's would make sense.

20 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

That's the thing, from what I've seen so far it was reported there was no drugs or anything. Just drowned in hot tub. 

Oh ok, I didn't see that. Thanks, that's would make sense.

I wouldn’t leap to any conclusions at this point, because it’s all conjecture. The facts will change nothing. God bless, and RIP. 

Edited by Augie

23 hours ago, UConn James said:

Is it possible to be shocked and not surprised at the same time?

I saw a quote from him and he said the exact same thing about his own passing, no one would be surprised, but they would be shocked

One of the episodes in Friends Monica jokes to Chandler. Have to think they won't show a rerun of that episode again or remove that line from the show.

A classic Friends scene where Monica calls Chandler a ‘drowning moron’ has taken on a tragic second meaning following Matthew Perry’s death.

・Fans are split on whether the joke should be removed.

I've always felt bad for both Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston.  Regardless of fame and fortune and in Aniston's case, beauty, both always seemed to be lonely people, without a lot of happiness in their lives or anyone to really share it with.  

When I heard Matthew Perry died alone at his home, that just made me feel sad.  

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

One of the episodes in Friends Monica jokes to Chandler. Have to think they won't show a rerun of that episode again or remove that line from the show.

A classic Friends scene where Monica calls Chandler a ‘drowning moron’ has taken on a tragic second meaning following Matthew Perry’s death.

・Fans are split on whether the joke should be removed.

I had the TV on for background noise this afternoon, on TBS with a Friends marathon.  It was a Halloween episode and the last line Chandler had in the episode was "I should kill myself."  Surprised they let that episode air, or edit it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.