How bad is Allen's shoulder, REALLY?

BuffaloBillyG

Today was a complete failure on so many fronts and I'm sure there will be many threads dedicated to those.

However, is it fair to wonder if that shoulder injury is something more than what they let on? He had SEVERAL throws that were off. Just didn't seem to have the accurate ball placement he had early on. Even completions were off target a few times.

Then on the last play of the game our huge armed QB just.....doesn't....uncork one? That seems really off to me.

I'm positive he'll say the shoulder is all good and didn't play into it at all....but the eye test really says otherwise.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Oh ***** off with this.

Shoulder looked fine when we went hurry with 6 min left.

It's amazing how dim people get when they are angry

Nobody is blaming the loss on the shoulder. Allen had 3 bad misses we haven't seen in years, because he flopped like an idiot trying to get a call against the Giants.

• Agree 1

I’m not sure how hurt his shoulder can be considering he delivered a dime to Diggs 50 yards on a rope at the end of the game.

I think Belichick confused Allen and we had no answers until the end of the game when we played loose with hurry up.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

It's amazing how dim people get when they are angry

Nobody is blaming the loss on the shoulder. Allen had 3 bad misses we haven't seen in years, because he flopped like an idiot trying to get a call against the Giants.

Allen hasn’t missed a couple throws in years?

Ooooookay lol. 

Easier to say “every bad play is an injury that is more severe than we know” so this joker gets off scot free for also being a no show for 3 quarters.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

No excuses...this is a bad team right now 

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh ***** off with this.

Shoulder looked fine when we went hurry with 6 min left.

2 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

This forum will find millions of excuses....he was fine, he just stunk. He's been stinking. It's worrisome - it's not injuries. 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Excuses.

He played poorly for a majority of the game. 

No one is making up excuses. I'm not saying anything other than that shoulder seems to be more banged up then they let on.  That could be a long term problem. 

I also flat out refuse to debate with unintelligent hyper active members of the board. If you don't want civil discussion....don't open the thread. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

good observation, but he had this issue before today

No he didn't? He literally had the highest completion percentage in the NFL before today. He's been incredibly accurate all year, and then today he was suddenly missing high or too far.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

No one is making up excuses. I'm not saying anything other than that shoulder seems to be more banged up then they let on.  That could be a long term problem. 

I also flat out refuse to debate with unintelligent hyper active members of the board. If you don't want civil discussion....don't open the thread. 

Shoulder looked fine on the laser to Diggs. Hit him in the chest.

There’s no civil discussion here. It’s a poorly veiled attempt to try to give the $250M man a pass, again, as if the only reason he misses throws is because of injury lmao.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Allen hasn’t missed a couple throws in years?

Ooooookay lol. 

Easier to say “every bad play is an injury that is more severe than we know” so this joker gets off scot free for also being a no show for 3 quarters.

Absolute brainlet 

Since Allen flopped like a r*tard and screwed up his shoulder he has missed a bunch of wide open throws with no pressure, all in the same way. This is absolutely something that someone is going to bring  up on a message board about the Buffalo Bills. The problem is that the braying mob decides that if you say anything that isn't "Everything sucks and everyone who sucks needs to be fired" there simply isn't anything to talk about, and all talk aside from this needs to be mocked and forbidden and loaded with ***** the poster didn't actually say. Enter, you!

• Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This would make a lot more sense if he didn’t open the game with an obvious stare down INT. 

His shoulder wasn’t to blame for that.

Taking untimely sacks we’re on his shoulder.

It’s easy to cop out on that being a reason but I don’t buy it:

Just like he was concussed vs the jets?

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Ya. Not saying his opinion is the holy gospel, but it’s a better guess than 99 percent of us including you and me. (Unless you have a doctor of physiotherapy degree)

No, I would not take anything any of the twitter docs say on any injury. I'd take Allen's word - and he said postgame (and all week for that matter) that it was fine. 

He's able to play and is still throwing with pace down field. I don't think it's as bad as some are making it out to be. I'm not sure the elbow was as compromised as we assumed last year either. It's not the shoulder's fault when Josh isn't seeing guys open. 

Playing under center more is a big change. Not having as many little guys who gets open is a big change. We're trying to be a run first team, except for Josh who isn't running nearly as much and doesn't look as fast when he does. 

I'm sure the shoulder is a factor just not the main issue. Josh is all out of sorts right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.