Sunday Night's Game v NYG -- What's on Your Menu?

HIT BY SPIKES

57 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Leftover Bangers and Mash…

Good one.

The Bangers are gone and the 3 dogs won't eat the meatless Mash or the Brown Onion Gravy.

Repurpose into a Shepherd's Pie?

---------------------------------

P.S.:  I was in Argentina for most of the month of February and thinking of going again next April.  I have family in Buenos Aires and Marcos Juarez.  Are you really located in Tierra Del Fuego?

----------------------------------

New York or New Jersey?

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019096-shepherds-pie

https://www.northjersey.com/story/life/food/recipes/2018/12/14/shepherds-pie-recipe/2215095002/

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES

30 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Good one.

The Bangers are gone and the 3 dogs won't eat the meatless Mash or the Brown Onion Gravy.

Repurpose into a Shepherd's Pie?

---------------------------------

P.S.:  I was in Argentina for most of the month of February and thinking of going again next April.  I have family in Buenos Aires and Marcos Juarez.  Are you really located in Tierra Del Fuego?

----------------------------------

New York or New Jersey?

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019096-shepherds-pie

https://www.northjersey.com/story/life/food/recipes/2018/12/14/shepherds-pie-recipe/2215095002/

No but we spent some time there. But Argentina is a great place, you’re lucky.

We made home  base in Miraflores Lima Peru. Do to safety concerns we had a bodyguard 

when traveling the Amazon and really anywhere in the interior. Don’t know what the situation

is now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

No but we spent some time there. But Argentina is a great place, you’re lucky.

We made home  base in Miraflores Lima Peru. Do to safety concerns we had a bodyguard 

when traveling the Amazon and really anywhere in the interior. Don’t know what the situation

is now.

Yeah no I am not doing any "adventure" travelling.

More of a "IPA on Draught" type travel.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Beautiful!!!

I once had an on-line discussion with some Rochester residents about upscaling Garbage Plate recipes to make it gourmet and they almost shot me.

Yeah, not sure that Garbage Plates and the words culinary, cuisine, or gourmet should ever be in the same sentence.  

Garbage Plates are the British "cuisine" of the world.

They were great at 2 a.m. replete with the entertainment and amusement that was provided at Tahoe's, but there should be a warning associated with Garbage Plates;  Make sure that your BAC is (this high) before you consume one.  

I say that as someone that has consumed more than his share of GPs in the distant past.  😁

NoDoz will be in everyone's menu when we're up 27-3 early in the 3rd.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, not sure that Garbage Plates and the words culinary, cuisine, or gourmet should ever be in the same sentence.  

Garbage Plates are the British "cuisine" of the world.

They were great at 2 a.m. replete with the entertainment and amusement that was provided at Tahoe's, but there should be a warning associated with Garbage Plates;  Make sure that your BAC is (this high) before you consume one.  

I say that as someone that has consumed more than his share of GPs in the distant past.  😁

NoDoz will be in everyone's menu when we're up 27-3 early in the 3rd.  

You had to mention garbage plates didn't you ... Now I have a craving to run up to Tahou's ... I'll work on the BAC when I get home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Haven't quite decided yet. We're tailgating in the parking lot of the Red Carpet Inn. We have a room and I'll have my grill but we might just opt to go to Prohibition for wings and watch some of the early games.

If we grill, I'm thinking baby back ribs.

• Like (+1) 1

Going with home made pizza. Honestly been diggin it so much more lately than a take out pie. We’ll eat early cuz the kids. 

Customizable toppings baked to your liking. Wegmans dough is pretty good. Niagara Produce has a good one too. Generally will run it through the garden. Onions bell peppers banana peppers jalepenos black/green olives. If we go meat it’ll be a left over hot Italian sausage, defrosted reheated and diced. We’ve wised up to saving an extra link after a grill session for this purpose.

Used to go pepperoni and mushroom but found the excess grease and water from those items to be too soggy for our liking with the way it cooks in our oven.

Mid game we’re going with a wing dip. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Going with home made pizza. Honestly been diggin it so much more lately than a take out pie. We’ll eat early cuz the kids. 

Customizable toppings baked to your liking. Wegmans dough is pretty good. Niagara Produce has a good one too. Generally will run it through the garden. Onions bell peppers banana peppers jalepenos black/green olives. If we go meat it’ll be a left over hot Italian sausage, defrosted reheated and diced. We’ve wised up to saving an extra link after a grill session for this purpose.

Used to go pepperoni and mushroom but found the excess grease and water from those items to be too soggy for our liking with the way it cooks in our oven.

Mid game we’re going with a wing dip. 

Excellent!!!

I made a homemade pizza last night with fresh tomatoes from the garden as the sauce and then goat cheese, cream cheese, sliced pork bellies I made into “bacon”, pepperoni, red/yellow/green sweet peppers, tomato slices, asparagus and 3 hour slowly caramelized sweet onions (I made about 6 lbs onions for the Calf Liver I fried for lunch).

I basically cleaned out the fridge.

The MF’er was 1 & 1/2” high.

Sliced into 6 pieces and could not even finish one slice.

Guess what I am eating until tomorrow night’s game?

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Things involving one's ass/butt.

For example, I said I am wide open to suggestions and some asswipe responds " shove ____ up your ass".

Butt Stuff.

Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Things involving one's ass/butt.

For example, I said I am wide open to suggestions and some asswipe responds " shove ____ up your ass".

Butt Stuff.

I thought "no butt stuff" meant "anything except rump roast."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now that I've got the garbage plate craving out of my system ...

It's going to be cool and cloudy so it'll be a perfect day to make a pot of chili for the first time this season. Simmering on the stove all day, the required shot of tequila added to the pot and to the cook, ( ok 2 or 3 or...) and a dried ghost pepper floating on top. A warmed up Vienna seedy bread and some shredded mexicheese.

Looks like a good day to make some spiked cider as well ... Cider, spiced rum, cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange slices all warmed up on the stove.... Gonna be a good day, a great day when the Bills open a can of whoop ass on Daboll's Giants... if not I'll have a Giant hangover Monday.

I'm Jonesing for a 1:00 game.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Armadillo eggs. Smoked the cream cheese for them last night. 

Dear Lord.

I would have no idea how to source that up here in Canada.

Sounds spectacular!!!

As an update, I have been eating my way through the ridiculously thick pizza I made last night.

I will give that damn Mash from last week's London game one more go tomorrow morning and then it into the Composter with what remains.

The Brown Onion Gravy I will freeze for Christmas and then repurpose it somehow.

However, for tomorrow night's game, I have taken in all your awesome suggestions and will go to my local grocery tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM to see what is on sale and build a menu from there.

I do have a 16Q stock pot going all day with a huge Grouper head and some Halibut neck.  About 8+ lbs of it.  Made it Jamacian Style so I have that to work with tomorrow if I decide to make a Seafood Chowder.  I should strain it tonight however I am exhausted.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Dear Lord.

I would have no idea how to source that up here in Canada.

Sounds spectacular!!!

As an update, I have been eating my way through the ridiculously thick pizza I made last night.

I will give that damn Mash from last week's London game one more go tomorrow morning and then it into the Composter with what remains.

The Brown Onion Gravy I will freeze for Christmas and then repurpose it somehow.

However, for tomorrow night's game, I have taken in all your awesome suggestions and will go to my local grocery tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM to see what is on sale and build a menu from there.

I do have a 16Q stock pot going all day with a huge Grouper head and some Halibut neck.  About 8+ lbs of it.  Made it Jamacian Style so I have that to work with tomorrow if I decide to make a Seafood Chowder.  I should strain it tonight however I am exhausted.

No sourcing armadillo eggs. I’m gonna smoke them in an old Weber kettle just like I did with cream cheese and stuffed sausage last night. Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself. 🤷‍♂️ 

IMG_1908.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.