Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

It's not "everyone". From what I can tell all these articles spring from Michael McCall's statement in conjunction with an "anonymous intel official".

McCall's statement immediately follwed a briefing held by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines. Coincidentally, Avril is among the many that comes from the Obama administration and played a key role in the white house at the time the Iran Nuclear Agreement was put into place (https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/photos-and-video/photo/2015/07/president-obama-discusses-iran-nuclear-agreement)

In the year after the implementation of the original 2015 nuclear accord, the military budget of Tehran increased by a whopping 90%, enabling the regime to funnel resources to Iranian aligned terror organizations including Hamas.  Biden campaigned on restoring this agreement and to do so, began granting waivers to once again relax the economic sanctions (put in place by the Trump administration) 

Indiana Representative Mike Braun raised this concern at the time of Haines confirmation hearing.

"I voted against Avril Haines’s nomination because her record of support for President Obama’s Iran nuclear deal is clear. It’s imperative that our Director of National Intelligence is tough on any state sponsoring terrorism and committed to stopping Iran from getting a nuclear bomb. I also disagree with her support of Obama-era policies that accelerated our conflicts around the globe instead of working to find peace through strength" 

I'm sure similar to the Russian re-entry into Ukraine, past performance by the same group of people cant be indicative of the results we are seeing. Its much more likely that this is somehow Trump's fault...i mean did anybody hear that he called them "smart"?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Justice said:

But they did know about it. Egypt told them. They knew enough to at least be on guard. What happened was the opposite of that. And can someone please explain to be how they took over 100 hostages back with them? 

This just in.

Everybody tells everybody about everything.

The US was "told" about 9-11, but they really weren't, and were told to look elsewhere.

There is simply no way that Netanyahu would be part of this.

Such a claim dispels any knowledge of his service to Israel or his personal and family history.

It has zero chance of being true and is bizarre.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

well, ya 

The clown is polling at -4%.  WTF do you think he's going to say?   Use your head for something other than a hat rack.  What a mess.   

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Poor @Irv What a mess, and he’s cracking up! 

Ahhh, so nice of her! 

Good leadership 

The demented, corrupt, old fool will milk this crisis for every vote whoever is running the Executive Branch tells him he can.  Brain dead idiot slept and drooled through the first three days of the conflict while his political operatives devised a plan to use it for more votes.   What a mess.  

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

First, who says it's America's "responsibility" to ensure peace in a region 1/2 way across the world from us?

Secondly, Representative Cortez has no idea what the people slaughtered in their homes or a music festival would want. She can't ask them cuz they're DEAD.

30 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

It's not "everyone". From what I can tell all these articles spring from Michael McCall's statement in conjunction with an "anonymous intel official".

McCall's statement immediately follwed a briefing held by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines. Coincidentally, Avril is among the many that comes from the Obama administration and played a key role in the white house at the time the Iran Nuclear Agreement was put into place (https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/photos-and-video/photo/2015/07/president-obama-discusses-iran-nuclear-agreement)

In the year after the implementation of the original 2015 nuclear accord, the military budget of Tehran increased by a whopping 90%, enabling the regime to funnel resources to Iranian aligned terror organizations including Hamas.  Biden campaigned on restoring this agreement and to do so, began granting waivers to once again relax the economic sanctions (put in place by the Trump administration) 

Indiana Representative Mike Braun raised this concern at the time of Haines confirmation hearing.

"I voted against Avril Haines’s nomination because her record of support for President Obama’s Iran nuclear deal is clear. It’s imperative that our Director of National Intelligence is tough on any state sponsoring terrorism and committed to stopping Iran from getting a nuclear bomb. I also disagree with her support of Obama-era policies that accelerated our conflicts around the globe instead of working to find peace through strength" 

I'm sure similar to the Russian re-entry into Ukraine, past performance by the same group of people cant be indicative of the results we are seeing. Its much more likely that this is somehow Trump's fault...i mean did anybody hear that he called them "smart"?

Very interesting.

If stuff said on her drove red/JFF to the hospital it was on him.

He claims to br a Dr. and must have a lot stronger criticism during his career. I used to get upset about a bunch of minor stuff before  my stroke back in 2014, but laying in a bed wondering if you will ever get better, has made me realize what is important to worry about.

Nothing anyone can say on here  bothers me anymore. I probably will never meet anyone in person, except maybe at Hammer's lot (Where I have met Rich and Mead 107) and Exiled in Illinois (had a beer with him at the Galleria Mall  because we found  out our parents worked together and his mom grew up down the street. 

The only thing that has upset me since 2014 was my mom dying.  Even my facing a kidney transplant in the future doesn't upset me. Gets me a little anxious, but not upset enough to affect my health.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

This isn't that crazy.  They ignored info.  Well they get a lot, deciphering what is legit is what is key and they failed here.  They lied about it.  Probably not a conspiracy just not wanting to admit a colossal error.

Do any people here work in a corporation of more than 20 people? 

its even likely they did have advanced warning, someone somewhere in the vast chain of command decided to ignore it, when someone else was asked about it, said of course we didn’t know about it, not knowing what transpired… then things crystallized as time wore on. 

it’s hard to understand sometimes how people expect all these inept beurocrats who push paper in governments, take months to approve fence permits, normally are accountable for nothing are so operationally crisp. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Justice said:

That’s the thing bro. These guys don’t make mistakes. Especially at this level. No way. Impossible. And then there was nobody there to oppose them once they got through? That’s hard to imagine. 

Everyone makes mistakes. 

I'm more concerned that everything Israel is doing Hamas anticipated.   

Maybe Hamas is using AI.  I'll get scared if they rebrand as skynet.  That's a joke.

Biden knows Americans are held hostage in Gaza and the GOP can't even lift a finger to at least get an ambassador there? Wow

Blinkin is there.., like the chief ***** ambassador. What is anyone else gonna add ? 

well, ya 

you can be smart and evil..  did everyone forget about Lex Luther? 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Blinkin is there.., like the chief ***** ambassador. What is anyone else gonna add ? 

you can be smart and evil..  did everyone forget about Lex Luther? 

I always liked Pence, thought he handled himself well enough on the podium and while def a bit extreme on the religious front for me, I thought he was ok.

In this clip, he looks like a talking mannequin robot working off a very bad script.  Give him an Austrian accent and "Dey are not smart. Dey are eevuhl." sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Conan the Barbarian.   

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I always liked Pence, thought he handled himself well enough on the podium and while def a bit extreme on the religious front for me, I thought he was ok.

In this clip, he looks like a talking mannequin robot working off a very bad script.  Give him an Austrian accent and "Dey are not smart. Dey are eevuhl." sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Conan the Barbarian.   

best moment for me was ‘steely resolve’ he over acted that one super hard 

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is there any indication of how active and serious these protests are? My wife is currently on a flight to Rome. 

I am sure that they are serious enough as long as the conflict continues.

I will pray for your wife and everyone heading overseas.  (My daughter flies to Germany next week)

7 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm old enough to remember dumb ass Jimmy Carter standing there on the WH lawn with Begin and Sadat after the Camp David Accords, with that stupid grin on his face, declaring peace in the Middle East.

Why pick on Jimmy Carter? The Camp David accords were a major step forward. Until that time, Israel was being invaded by actual foreign states like Egypt. Peace between Egypt and Israel was, and is, a big deal. If only subsequent presidents had the same level of success ...

• Haha (+1) 1

The plight of innocent civilians in Gaza, suffering in this war caused by their leaders, is genuinely terrible.

Pictures of babies killed in airstrikes are heartbreaking.

So why aren't Arab nations offering to evacuate refugees?

During Syria's civil war, millions of people fled the country and were admitted by Turkey, Germany, and other countries.

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians fleeing the Russian invasion have found haven in Poland, Hungary, and elsewhere.

Israel is not preventing any other country from providing safe passage to Gaza civilians.

But Hamas — whose top leaders don't even live in Gaza — 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 the images of Palestinian children suffering and dying in the rubble.

They don't 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 other countries to rescue the civilians.

They warn Palestinians not to leave their homes because they 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 the number of casualties to rise.

Just as Hamas is responsible for the innocent bleed spilled in Israel, it is responsible for the innocent blood spilled in Gaza.

And any Arab or Muslim nation that decries the siege and airstrikes in Gaza while refusing to open its borders to Palestinians is aiding and abetting Hamas in its war crimes.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

are they hoping the populus moves and Hamas doesn't hide with them? That Hamas actually fights them?  takeout them and the tunnel network out, then switch to the south?  

That, of course, is the problem whenever the population moves terrorists are going to move with them they’re not gonna go out there and fight mono E mono with an army that outnumbers them

It’s a complicated situation

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why pick on Jimmy Carter? The Camp David accords were a major step forward. Until that time, Israel was being invaded by actual foreign states like Egypt. Peace between Egypt and Israel was, and is, a big deal. If only subsequent presidents had the same level of success ...

I thought you were ignorant.  Now I know you're dumb.  Go squirt a few and put your head back up your ass.  They say the weak will inherit the earth.  Enjoy your inheritance weakling.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Irv said:

I thought you were ignorant.  Now I know you're dumb.  Go squirt a few and put your head back up your ass.  They say the weak will inherit the earth.  Enjoy your inheritance weakling.  What a mess.  

Maybe you should look up the number of times Israel was invaded by actual, real countries prior to the Camp David accords. And the number of times that's happened since.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The people at these protests … absolutely insane.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t know hatred for Jews existed on this level. 

Half of these people don't even understand what they are protesting about... its just a social event to them.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The plight of innocent civilians in Gaza, suffering in this war caused by their leaders, is genuinely terrible.

Pictures of babies killed in airstrikes are heartbreaking.

So why aren't Arab nations offering to evacuate refugees?

During Syria's civil war, millions of people fled the country and were admitted by Turkey, Germany, and other countries.

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians fleeing the Russian invasion have found haven in Poland, Hungary, and elsewhere.

Israel is not preventing any other country from providing safe passage to Gaza civilians.

But Hamas — whose top leaders don't even live in Gaza — 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 the images of Palestinian children suffering and dying in the rubble.

They don't 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 other countries to rescue the civilians.

They warn Palestinians not to leave their homes because they 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 the number of casualties to rise.

Just as Hamas is responsible for the innocent bleed spilled in Israel, it is responsible for the innocent blood spilled in Gaza.

And any Arab or Muslim nation that decries the siege and airstrikes in Gaza while refusing to open its borders to Palestinians is aiding and abetting Hamas in its war crimes.

My parents fled back in 67. They lost their right of return. You think Palestinians trust they’d be allowed back? 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The people at these protests … absolutely insane.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t know hatred for Jews existed on this level. 

Why do you correlate protests with Jewish hatred?

51 minutes ago, Irv said:

And you’re a moderator huh? 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The death to Israel protest signs? 🤷‍♂️ 

or is it a metaphor for something benign? 

I didn’t see that but did everyone have a sign like that? 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

SMART + SAVY + GENIUS

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdbe85a7d335fa55860c0d21ab88b52.jpeg

Apparently it’s ok to send funds to Hamas. Didn’t you hear? It’s to ‘appease Hamas in hopes they become good guys’. 

Edited by Justice

Here’s a quote I found to be interesting…

“Nations, democracies don’t go to war easily and they usually debate and argue before they do. Sometimes they have to be bombed into going to war” 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Probably the chants about the erasure of Israel and equivocating on the terrorist attack by Hamas. 

I didn’t open the link all the way at before I spoke. I should have. My bad. 

That’s horrible. I don’t condone those chants and signs at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The death to Israel protest signs? 🤷‍♂️ 

or is it a metaphor for something benign? 

I’m looking for them. Can’t find them here. Can you help me with that? The Italian protest, that’s the one I thought was being referred to, didn’t show anything like that. 

• Haha (+1) 1