Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

This news coverage is scary.  Orwellian as I said before.  But compelling.  Interestingly, Fox on site guy is in a peaceful square.  CNN's woman reporter is wearing a helmet and ducking missiles...wow real time iron dome work on CNN.  right now.  Ashkelon.  Clarissa Ward is either very brave or very crazy.  maybe both.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Meanwhile:

Hamas and the Military Logic of Sexual Violence

Substack, by Chris Bray

Hamas broke through a fortified border, had unchallenged freedom of movement inside Israel for a shockingly long time, and attacked….a dance music festival and some kibbutzim.

Not airfields, not fuel depots, not power stations, not army motor pools to deny mobility to the enemy. They went after soft targets first, and focused especially on women and children. Eyewitness reports and footage of female hostages are telling us that Hamas engaged in sustained sexual violence, and took care to make it known.

(Snip)

The sexually traumatized bodies of women represent an extremely deliberate and calculated adoption, explicitly planned for months or years, of the familiar tools of ethnic cleansing.

https://chrisbray.substack.com/p/hamas-and-the-military-logic-of-sexual

No different than Putin's army 

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

This news coverage is scary.  Orwellian as I said before.  But compelling.  Interestingly, Fox on site guy is in a peaceful square.  CNN's woman reporter is wearing a helmet and ducking missiles...wow real time iron dome work on CNN.  right now.  Ashkelon.  Clarissa Ward is either very brave or very crazy.  maybe both.

She's great. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No different than Putin's army 

She's great. 

yes, and for an old guy, not hard on the eyes...but this is amazing coverage.  Nic Robertson just said he was within 700 meters of the border near Sderot earlier today.  meanwhile at Fox....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Push .. Show More.

Read the whole thing, but this part stands out:

Is it the mass mutilations, the rapes, the desecrations of corpses, the beheadings, the murdering of women, the elderly, and children, that so excites them all—as if they were gleefully watching sacrificial victims marched up to the top of an Aztec temple in ancient Tenochtitlán?

Or rather is their frenzy due to unspoken terror that Hamas at last has gone too far in its premodern savagery? There are now no more of its patrons with the power to call off the IDF. And so they may finally get the existential war that Hamas always for decades had bragged about and begged for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Push .. Show More.

Read the whole thing, but this part stands out:

Is it the mass mutilations, the rapes, the desecrations of corpses, the beheadings, the murdering of women, the elderly, and children, that so excites them all—as if they were gleefully watching sacrificial victims marched up to the top of an Aztec temple in ancient Tenochtitlán?

Or rather is their frenzy due to unspoken terror that Hamas at last has gone too far in its premodern savagery? There are now no more of its patrons with the power to call off the IDF. And so they may finally get the existential war that Hamas always for decades had bragged about and begged for.

So what should we do, B Man?  you seem pleased at the prospect of an attack on 
Iran.  Are you?  I'm sure there's a simple MAGA answer to this catastrophe...I'm wondering if my radon mitigation system in the basement will help.

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Agreed.  So will destroying Iran fix it?  I'm seriously asking cuz it didn't work out so well in Iraq and Afghanistan...

I'd rather the Iranians fix their own mess. I'd certainly not like to start lobbing cruise missiles at Tehran. 

I'm sure China and Russia would love for us to stick our wang into this hornets nest. Would be an opportune time to take Taiwan...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

nope- Tliab it calling it a resistance and taking defund Israel stance. This isn’t a condemnation.

maybe She need to watch some video of her brethren executing teenaged girls after raping them, or executing little children or shooting up hundreds of dancers at a music festival while shouting Alu akbar over and over. This isn’t war, this isn’t resistance, this isn’t rebellion against occupation it’s inhumane evil and genocide. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4245770-tlaib-bush-criticized-by-democrats-over-statements-calling-for-end-to-israel-support/amp/

This is dated in October

Something has happened since then

5 minutes ago, yall said:

I'd rather the Iranians fix their own mess. I'd certainly not like to start lobbing cruise missiles at Tehran. 

I'm sure China and Russia would love for us to stick our wang into this hornets nest. Would be an opportune time to take Taiwan...

I am against anything that puts troops on the ground

No more forever wars

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Exactly.  and we need to recoup the investment in the Israeli military now.  But they shouldn't be planning war crimes.  That's not gonna help.

If we were going to take an action, I’d like to provide Intel to Israel that allows them to take out hamas without killing civilians

Maybe re-tasking a satellite?

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So what should we do, B Man?  you seem pleased at the prospect of an attack on 
Iran.  Are you?  I'm sure there's a simple MAGA answer to this catastrophe...I'm wondering if my radon mitigation system in the basement will help.

Nope.

Again you are interpreting my posts thru your filter and missing the point entirely 

It is information, that you don't have,

and quite obviously are determined to not accept.

Oh well.

Meanwhile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Nope.

Again you are interpreting my posts thru your filter and missing the point entirely 

It is information, that you don't have,

and quite obviously are determined to not accept.

Oh well.

Meanwhile.

you're criticizing the white house response.  what should they be doing?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If we were going to take an action, I’d like to provide Intel to Israel that allows them to take out hamas without killing civilians

Maybe re-tasking a satellite?

Then we'd need to worry about Elon turning it off...

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You have rapidly become just another BillStime, no one on here should take anything you post seriously, 'tis a shame.

Awesome.  ignore me.  and give us your MAGA simple answers.  Let's hear what the wizard of cons has to say...btw, the cons brought up trump early in this thread.  and the smart people get blamed for answering...

• Eyeroll 1

Somebody just felt a really strong tug on his money leash.

Hamas has gone too far for the Arab world, which ought to make them easy to isolate and destroy

— but we have yet to see exactly how the Biden Cabal will screw things up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s not October? 

good point.  he had me convinced it wasn't

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

— but we have yet to see exactly how the Biden Cabal will screw things up.

So what would you have them do?  C'mon.  Tell us!  Maybe Joe Shmoe the Eskimo has some answers....

• Eyeroll 1

On 10/7/2023 at 10:08 AM, yall said:

I think they're more likely to complain about the money we released to Iran, which likely funded a lot of this operation.

I'm inclined to agree with them on that point.

We already know that zero dollars have been given to Iran, but Trumpers gonna Trump.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1