Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

This is not going to end well for anyone. Some of the scenes coming out of the region are just horrific. Civilians and soldiers hostages of Palestians and being paraded around. Saw a women get dragged around by her hair. 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

So effed up.  This is exactly why Hamas is a terrorist org.  

Stinks of Iran support with that 6 billion we just gave them

The Israeli response will be severe.  

Frankly, I think Israel is showing incredible restraint right now. If I were in charge I'd be tempted to just level Gaza and be done with it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

How long until clickservatives start complaining about all of the money we send to Israel to defend itself?

I think they're more likely to complain about the money we released to Iran, which likely funded a lot of this operation.

I'm inclined to agree with them on that point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, yall said:

I think they're more likely to complain about the money we released to Iran, which likely funded a lot of this operation.

I'm inclined to agree with them on that point.

Bingo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do think the Israel/Palestine conflict is complex, but tend to more align with the idea that Israel has a right to exist & defend themselves.  

Today might be a point where my nuance on the topic takes a backseat. 

The videos coming across social media.. that can’t/won’t be shown on American news stations, are brutal. 

This is a brazen terrorist attack on civilians.

To see women being paraded around and stuffed into vehicles, likely heading to a fate worse than death, is hard to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I do think the Israel/Palestine conflict is complex, but tend to more align with the idea that Israel has a right to exist & defend themselves.  

The videos coming across social media.. that can’t/won’t be shown on American news stations, are brutal. 

To see women being paraded around and stuffed into vehicles, likely heading to a fate worse than death, is hard to watch. 

At it's core it's a turf war.  Israel was given land and Palestinians want it back/more.  No side will win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

? for the fundamentalists:  Is this why you support Israel so enthusiastically?  To bring on "End Times"?

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Very bad stuff happens to both sides but more often to the Palestinians.  Right now there have been 4X as many killed in today's war....

• Haha (+1) 2

Those reservist that said they might not defend the nation if it becomes less democratic are, by all reports, showing up to fight. 

One wonders if this crisis goes on, will the religious exempt (many of them the settlers taking more land) decide to fight. 

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So effed up.  This is exactly why Hamas is a terrorist org.  

Stinks of Iran support with that 6 billion we just gave them

The Israeli response will be severe.  

wWasn’t this the funding the Whitehouse announced September 11th? 

idiots, just completely incompetent 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

wWasn’t this the funding the Whitehouse announced September 11th? 

idiots, just completely incompetent 

It wasn’t. But that doesn’t matter for people looking to push agendas. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It wasn’t. But that doesn’t matter for people looking to push agendas. 

You’re the only one on this one with an agenda… they are just stupid and didn’t realize what they are doing. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-allows-6-billion-transfer-part-iran-prisoner-swap-2023-09-11/#:~:text="To facilitate their release%2C the,where the funds will be

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’re the only one on this this one with an agenda… they are just stupid and didn’t realize what they are doing. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-allows-6-billion-transfer-part-iran-prisoner-swap-2023-09-11/#:~:text="To facilitate their release%2C the,where the funds will be

It is fair to criticize the deal. It’s fair to point out that money is fungible. 

But $0 has been spent. None of it is in Iranian control. So the idea that it could have funded these attacks when *Iran does not currently have access to it* is a lie.

So, in the end, people pushing the narrative that the money funded the attacks are indeed liars pushing an agenda. 

• Like (+1) 2

ABC News breaks into college football to show clips of Biden’s remarks, followed by a statement that Israel was attacked by rockets, with footage of Israel blowing up a building in Gaza. 

That’s it.  That was the report. 

Why is it that we are forced to turn to Twitter/X to get the full story of any big event?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

ABC News breaks into college football to show clips of Biden’s remarks, followed by a statement that Israel was attacked by rockets, with footage of Israel blowing up a building in Gaza. 

Why is it that we are forced to turn to Twitter/X to get the full story of any big event?

Ya, and those wanting to see the football game were probably pissed they were even bothered with this foreign event, put the game back on! 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Because tv news sucks and only cares about ad spends. Actually reporting the news isn’t really a thing they are interested in doing. 

Infotainment 

• Agree 1

Energy Minister Israel Katz ordered Israel’s state-run electric company to cut power to Gaza after Saturday’s attacks.

“I signed the order instructing the electric company to stop supplying electricity to the Gaza Strip. What was will not be,” Katz said in a statement posted on X.

While there’s a power station in Gaza, it relies heavily on power from Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/07/israel-gaza-rocket-attack-hamas/#link-F23ZAVTFTREYDMNCCL4CARNPXI

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ya, and those wanting to see the football game were probably pissed they were even bothered with this foreign event, put the game back on! 

Im more speaking to the fact most of our mainstream news organizations have barely touched the surface on what occurred today.  

Very surface level reporting.  One doesn’t truly understand what happened unless you’re sifting through verifiable video on Twitter. 

Same thing happened during the attempted revolt in Russia..  Twitter was hours ahead of mainstream media. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It is fair to criticize the deal. It’s fair to point out that money is fungible. 

But $0 has been spent. None of it is in Iranian control. So the idea that it could have funded these attacks when *Iran does not currently have access to it* is a lie.

So, in the end, people pushing the narrative that the money funded the attacks are indeed liars pushing an agenda. 

not pushing any narrative other than they are idiots for the timing of that announcement and the optics. It’s tone deaf. 

sorry to interrupt the Biden cheerleading…. 

as far as what other role our foreign policy has to do with this latest eruption, we’ll see 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Im more speaking to the fact most of our mainstream news organizations have barely touched the surface on what occurred today.  

Very surface level reporting.  One doesn’t truly understand what happened unless you’re sifting through verifiable video on Twitter. 

Same thing happened during the attempted revolt in Russia..  Twitter was hours ahead of mainstream media. 

Totally agree. But twitter can report just about anything, the news media gets hammered if they do that and rumors turn out untrue

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The media has an obligation to wait and be told how they are supposed to spin it by their respective establishments first. It takes time. 

I bet the White House hasn’t even had the conference call with the post and ny times press Corps to provide direction 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Palestinians have been forced from their homes and treated like slaves in their own country for decades. How can there ever be peace?

I really don’t know. 

But the targeting and kidnapping of civilians is never acceptable. 

It’d be one thing if they focused their attacks on military targets, but they are hurting their own cause with these attacks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Do you realize how many Palestinian woman and children Israel has killed over the years?

Americans only get one side of the story. That's what happens when Jews control the news, social media, and Washington. 

The whole thing is unfortunate.

Wow. Went straight to the antisemitism, huh?

I think you dropped these, ((()))

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Do you realize how many Palestinian woman and children Israel has killed over the years?

Americans only get one side of the story. That's what happens when Jews control the news, social media, and Washington. 

The whole thing is unfortunate.

We do.  I believe the best place to start is attaching lots of strings to money we send to Israel.  Like puppets...They have no self control without it and little decency.  But kidnapping or killing civilians is bad and counterproductive.  
See Russia/Ukraine.  btw, anti semitism isn't cool either.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1