Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I don't see how Israel survives this long term. Enemies that are getting stronger, growing Palestian population in their country, their border has been breached which will freak out many and they will live. The fundies-religious in the country don't even serve in military but demand more land from the Pals, Pals are growing stronger in the populations of Europe. Hamas will never change, Israel has to wiped them out without massacring civilians or hostages. 

@Irv What a mess! 

The Samson option is on the table. 

One thing that makes me think Russia was not involved is that it was all kept so secret. I read this Malcom Gladwell book, "Blink" and he discussed a war game against Iran and the US guy who was "iran" in the war game totally went off the grid to communicate and operated like that, which totally confused the "American" side in the game. I wonder if the Iranians read that? It is what they did. 

But, if Russia knew, they only knew vague details. Remember, Trump was super close to going to war with Iran, so now Iran is helping Russia and probably funding and leading all this against Israel. Speculation all, of course, except about Trump 

Russia has been publicly supporting Iran and Hamas for a while. Their goal is to weaken the west and I would honestly be surprised if they weren’t aware that something was in motion. 

• Like (+1) 1

One thing that makes me think Russia was not involved is that it was all kept so secret. I read this Malcom Gladwell book, "Blink" and he discussed a war game against Iran and the US guy who was "iran" in the war game totally went off the grid to communicate and operated like that, which totally confused the "American" side in the game. I wonder if the Iranians read that? It is what they did. 

But, if Russia knew, they only knew vague details. Remember, Trump was super close to going to war with Iran, so now Iran is helping Russia and probably funding and leading all this against Israel. Speculation all, of course, except about Trump 

Russia knew and helped keep it secret.  And we were not "close to going to war with Iran."

• Agree 1

Gaza is a modern concentration camp.  After 16 years... How could they not have seen this coming?  You can only keep prisoners locked for so long.  Like the virus vault on a computer going kapooey! 

Real smart plan.  Like a ticking time bomb with and growing population. When did Israel think it was going to burst at the seams?

Sad... But is holding 2.5 million people sustainable? Let alone of depriving them of liberty, goods, and services. 

How the heck did we get through 16 years?  So Israel will just run roughshod over 2.5 million people in an area 1/2 the size of Chicago... And things will just go back to normal because they will be happy little captive in their modern day concentration camp. Give them Facebook and Instagram! 

😕😞😌😕

Heck of a job Israel and US!

Nothing to see here Burgermeisters!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Malcolm Gladwell is terrific.  But I think Russia knew.   His David and Goliath book is my fav.

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Gaza is a modern concentration camp.  After 16 years... How could they not have seen this coming?  You can only keep prisoners locked for so long.  Like the virus vault on a computer going kapooey! 

Real smart plan.  Like a ticking time bomb with and growing population. When did Israel think it was going to burst at the seams?

Sad... But is holding 2.5 million people sustainable? Let alone of depriving them of liberty, goods, and services. 

How the heck did we get through 16 years?  So Israel will just run roughshod over 2.5 million people in an area 1/2 the size of Chicago... And things will just go back to normal because they will be happy little captive in their modern day concentration camp. Give them Facebook and Instagram! 

😕😞😌😕

They think it was bad before...

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Iran will almost certainly get what it wanted: to derail the Saudi-Israeli-U.S. agreement.

There is indeed a proxy war going on here, but it isn't a proxy war against the U.S. It is the war between Iran and Saudi Arabia, previously fought in places like Yemen.

Maybe, but I also think a goal here is to literally destroy Israel. This is an existential threat that is serious. Not that Hamas can win today or tomorrow, but in less than ten years. 

Hamas planned this out really well and they must know and have known Israel will have to invade Gaza. That might turn into the biggest nightmare possible for Israel. Hamas is probably ready will all sorts of really horrible weapons, ambushes and mines. 

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Malcolm Gladwell is terrific.  But I think Russia knew.   His David and Goliath book is my fav.

Have not read that yet! 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And we were not "close to going to war with Iran."

The U.S. and Iranian governments moved to de-escalate tensions on Friday after the two nations reached the brink of war, with President Donald Trump confirming that U.S. forces were “cocked & loaded” to retaliate against Tehran’s downing of a U.S. military drone.

Trump called off the planned attacks on three separate sites in Iran just 10 minutes before go time, after learning that the strikes would kill 150 people, the president said in a tweet Friday morning.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/21/trump-fearing-casualties-aborts-iran-strike-at-last-minute/

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Russia has been publicly supporting Iran and Hamas for a while. Their goal is to weaken the west and I would honestly be surprised if they weren’t aware that something was in motion. 

Sure something, but I doubt they knew anything of actual plan. A major operation like this with so many people and roles, Hamas and co. kept this close to their chest. No doubt they used low tech methods to communicate 

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

The Samson option is on the table. 

How would that work? Who would they hit? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe, but I also think a goal here is to literally destroy Israel. This is an existential threat that is serious. Not that Hamas can win today or tomorrow, but in less than ten years. 

Hamas planned this out really well and they must know and have known Israel will have to invade Gaza. That might turn into the biggest nightmare possible for Israel. Hamas is probably ready will all sorts of really horrible weapons, ambushes and mines. 

Have not read that yet! 

I think it's the one that talks about 10,000 hours of work being required to be an expert in something....sorry that was outiers

https://www.businessinsider.com/malcolm-gladwell-explains-the-10000-hour-rule-2014-6

both are great, thought provoking books.  Interestingly, the shortest medical residency is 3 years at about 60- 80 hours a week....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

😕😞😌😕

Agreed, but to be fair to Israel, Hamas is totally built of idea of eliminating Israel. And they control that open air prison called Gaza. I don't see any peaceful solution here

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure something, but I doubt they knew anything of actual plan. A major operation like this with so many people and roles, Hamas and co. kept this close to their chest. No doubt they used low tech methods to communicate 

There is reporting from the WSJ that Iran met with Hamas in Beirut to plan this attack. 

That doesn’t mean Russia was involved but if Hamas was taking advice from Iran, I am not going to rule out that any of their other allies were also involved. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you seem pleased by this

Of course he is 

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There is reporting from the WSJ that Iran met with Hamas in Beirut to plan this attack. 

That doesn’t mean Russia was involved but if Hamas was taking advice from Iran, I am not going to rule out that any of their other allies were also involved. 

You know Trump would have prevented all of this… cuz he just amazing 

meanwhile

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

46 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The U.S. and Iranian governments moved to de-escalate tensions on Friday after the two nations reached the brink of war, with President Donald Trump confirming that U.S. forces were “cocked & loaded” to retaliate against Tehran’s downing of a U.S. military drone.

Trump called off the planned attacks on three separate sites in Iran just 10 minutes before go time, after learning that the strikes would kill 150 people, the president said in a tweet Friday morning.

So, your answer to his question of how he nearly got us into a war with Iran is to point out how he avoided one?

Makes sense to me.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Typical idiotic response.

The man asked you to explain your claim that the he almost got the US into a war with Iran.

You post a reply that claims he denied/prevented a military response after an aggressive act of war against a US asset, and assert that this somehow advocates for your claim that he almost got us into a war.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He's a ex-bus driver of the sky... How would he know! 😆 

These are the kind of posts that point out the level of knowledge of individuals here.

I know a great deal of the capability of the Israeli military, how their air defense is set up and their military capability, as well as their ability to conduct offensive operations.

I am also informed of their advancements to US equipment sold them to suit their needs, at least until the past few years.

Some weak ass attempt to insult me might suit you, but it doesn't impact me in the least.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One wishes that the more outspoken libs here on PPP, would have shown a little more consistency with their takes

Terrorist attacks on civilians inside a sovereign country was quickly condemned in Europe, but now (?)

You can’t say they should be surprised 

Hamas is hiding among the poor Palestinians as we speak. 

• Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

One wishes that the more outspoken libs here on PPP, would have shown a little more consistency with their takes

Terrorist attacks on civilians inside a sovereign country was quickly condemned in Europe, but now (?)

Of course they are.  ***** cowards.

If I heard that right, the Israeli cabinet has declared to de-Hamas gaza militarily and politically. 

Iran might not be too involved, Hamas is Sunni and Iran Shitte, and Hezbollah which is very much controlled by Iran isn't doing anything. Hamas might of done this largely on their own. 

Just saying, this might not go regional, good news for Israel anyway. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Consistancy? Like all those rapes, kidnappings and murders the Russians are doing on a longer scale, but you want to cut off aid to Ukraine 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Agreed, but to be fair to Israel, Hamas is totally built of idea of eliminating Israel. And they control that open air prison called Gaza. I don't see any peaceful solution here

Yup! But how do they eviscerate Hamas when it's so interwoven with Islam?

You can buy off a communist but how do you buy off a jihadist! Israel is threatening hash retaliation... But that's the fight a jihadist thrives in! 

They are on a death wish and it's interwoven into daily life. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup! But how do they eviscerate Hamas when it's so interwoven with Islam?

You can buy off a communist but how do you buy off a jihadist! Israel is threatening hash retaliation... But that's the fight a jihadist thrives in! 

They are on a death wish and it's interwoven into daily life. 

It's like N Ireland...but on the bright side, That's calmed down.  Still lots of hate but not so much violence.  There needs to be some concessions to the Palestinians.  Simple as that...the arab world is already sticking up for them....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It's like N Ireland...but on the bright side, That's calmed down.  Still lots of hate but not so much violence.  There needs to be some concessions to the Palestinians.  Simple as that...the arab world is already sticking up for them....

Better the economy and provide a better way of life!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

These are the kind of posts that point out the level of knowledge of individuals here.

I know a great deal of the capability of the Israeli military, how their air defense is set up and their military capability, as well as their ability to conduct offensive operations.

I am also informed of their advancements to US equipment sold them to suit their needs, at least until the past few years.

Some weak ass attempt to insult me might suit you, but it doesn't impact me in the least.

No you don't. You don't know anything 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Iran might not be too involved, Hamas is Sunni and Iran Shitte, and Hezbollah which is very much controlled by Iran isn't doing anything. Hamas might of done this largely on their own. 

Iran is very much involved. They gave the green light for the attacks when meeting with Hamas in Beirut.

Also, these supplies and arms didn’t just materialize. Early reporting is showing that some of the weapons are Iranian. 

I have a very hard time believing that Hamas would be this bold without the support of Iran. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

When someone has to go through checkpoints just to get to work... Or military actions and dehumanizing activity is carried out against you in your own town frequently... I guarantee it gets talked about at the supper table AND passed on to Ahmed Jr. who's absorbing it all like a sponge.  Herding them like cattle out of their homes sure ain't gonna leave the next generation feeling warm and fuzzy about their Jew overlords. 

Zionist policy really is the negative hearts and minds gift that keeps on giving for generations to come!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Iran is very much involved. They gave the green light for the attacks when meeting with Hamas in Beirut.

Also, these supplies and arms didn’t just materialize. Early reporting is showing that some of the weapons are Iranian. 

I have a very hard time believing that Hamas would be this bold without the support of Iran. 

I don't buy the Iran gave the green light, but ya, I'm sure there was material support. 

I remember the Saddam was in on 9-11 lie that came from "informed sources" 

Maybe they did, but I'm not there yet 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I don't buy the Iran gave the green light, but ya, I'm sure there was material support. 

I remember the Saddam was in on 9-11 lie that came from "informed sources" 

Maybe they did, but I'm not there yet 

How did Israeli intelligence miss this? One of the most advanced militaries out there...