Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

28 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So was the Israeli cook video representative?  never got into Israel- due to missiles.  Turkey was fantastic.  Ephesus.  Like in Revelation...sorry.  Dark humor.  But an amazing place.  That CIA/Mossad story shows the 3 D chess being played tho.  Thanks for that.  keepem coming.  The Romans were brutal as well.  Ephesus was relocated, due to flooding I think.  They forced the inhabitants to move with Plague or some infectious disease they introduced...

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-greece/ephesus

Heeey Joe 🎸(sorry, couldn't help myself): obviously, you're a smart dude, so I'll play it straight as possible, w/o trying to be "secret squirrel" douche or get myself into trouble.

(also, allow me to say up front that I love the Arab people... gracious, warm, etc)

1. I did see vid posted, did not watch, but got the gist fr surrounding posts. Maybe I'm misinterpreting

2. Anyway, I'll just say this: I was on the ground during Intifada, Part Deux. One among many tasks was to test Pal (vernacular) night reaction time to, ummm, a guy wondering into their turf. I was stupid brave back then; even the Izzies (vernacular) thought I was nuts.

3. Tested Herod and Damascus gates, various points along/in Gaza, including drop offs on Salah-al-Din and Rashid "highways".

4. The experiences were... unpleasant.

5. As to your second post ref "way ahead". I'm no military expert but imv: one best fights asymmetric warfare asymmetrically, over the long term. There are tactical and national assets to do so, but I won't bore you with that. Believe me, Fallujah sucked major a**, and I was only at the railroad station north of the city. But if ISR wants to plunge mech brigades into Gaza City (ala OP Cast Lead) I guess they can have at it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Heeey Joe 🎸(sorry, couldn't help myself): obviously, you're a smart dude, so I'll play it straight as possible, w/o trying to be "secret squirrel" douche or get myself into trouble.

(also, allow me to say up front that I love the Arab people... gracious, warm, etc)

1. I did see vid posted, did not watch, but got the gist fr surrounding posts. Maybe I'm misinterpreting

2. Anyway, I'll just say this: I was on the ground during Intifada, Part Deux. One among many tasks was to test Pal (vernacular) night reaction time to, ummm, a guy wondering into their turf. I was stupid brave back then; even the Izzies (vernacular) thought I was nuts.

3. Tested Herod and Damascus gates, various points along/in Gaza, including drop offs on Salah-al-Din and Rashid "highways".

5. As to your second post ref "way ahead". I'm no military expert but imv: one best fights asymmetric warfare asymmetrically, over the long term. There are tactical and national assets to do so, but I won't bore you with that. Believe me, Fallujah sucked major a**, and I was only at the railroad station north of the city. But if ISR wants to plunge mech brigades into Gaza City (ala OP Cast Lead) I guess they can have at it.

Yeah, getting some of this.  What should we do?  btw, I really liked the Israeli cook and the folks he encountered.  Hope they're not dead.

Thank you for your service.  Sincerely.

I'm literally half blind.  Forgive the typos.  But it's kinda poetic...

watch the vid.  It's hopeful.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Thank you for your service Duke. I did a tour in Iraq myself we might not have been in the same time place, but we’ve probably chewed some of the same dirt.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes.  they are evil barbarians.  disgusting.  They should all go straight to hell.  But I think the other side has some too.  Here's an acronym i've heard in hospitals: SHPOS.   the first two represent subhuman.  Gallows humor.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm not sure that warning will have the intended effect, even in the continued chain from that person they apparently don't agree with it I guess.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Here come, the torture videos hamas doesn’t realize that they’re killing themselves here for maybe they just don’t care

Those videos cause armies to kill everything in their past does it matter whether it’s civilian or opponent

Their leadership doesn't care, that's great for recruitment.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"I can't believe what I've read up-thread ref Gaza as modern-day "concentration camp", blockades, and etc." 

There is a blockade. A total siege of 2 million people. Why can't you believe? That's all

Ok, copy all. We were talking past each other. I agree that, right now, the stated policy is full closure. You are absolutely correct, and I will keep abreast of the development.

Note: even during Cast Lead, Israel was allowing (short-term) openings thru Rafah and one other crossing that I can't remember.

My ref to The Blockade™ was to allegations over the years that ISR was "blockading" by capriciously closing some of the crossings.

A test for you, as I'm writing this all from memory: w/o using the Google machine (be honest), can you give me the objective reasons why, say, the Sufa or Karni crossings were closed?

Further, can you explain why the ISR plant, providing electricity to Gaza, was constantly attacked with Qassams by Hamas itself??? What is the name of the plant? No peeking.

What was the Gladstone Report and why was it so flawed?

I'm just playing with you a bit on all the above. This is just a msg board...and I'm obviously going overboard.

Last: I see you did not address the "concentration camp" libel. I'm not suggesting you said it; I have no idea. But the person who did say it in this thread better have Dostoevsky-level evidence to demonstrate the assertion.

33 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

watch the vid.  It's hopeful

Will do

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Thank you for your service Duke. I did a tour in Iraq myself we might not have been in the same time place, but we’ve probably chewed some of the same dirt.

Yeah, I got that sense for some of your posts on the other board. Pretty sure I "awesomed" (real word?) some of them. If not...know that you will always be my brother.

(btw, I don't have the dignity of being a formal vet...no uniform. I was one of those weirdos, in civies but fully geared, riding around w CAG or DEVGRU or whomever the real heroes were)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Ok, copy all. We were talking past each other. I agree that, right now, the stated policy is full closure. You are absolutely correct, and I will keep abreast of the development.

Note: even during Cast Lead, Israel was allowing (short-term) openings thru Rafah and one other crossing that I can't remember.

My ref to The Blockade™ was to allegations over the years that ISR was "blockading" by capriciously closing some of the crossings.

A test for you, as I'm writing this all from memory: w/o using the Google machine (be honest), can you give me the objective reasons why, say, the Sufa or Karni crossings were closed?

Further, can you explain why the ISR plant, providing electricity to Gaza, was constantly attacked with Qassams by Hamas itself??? What is the name of the plant? No peeking.

What was the Gladstone Report and why was it so flawed?

I'm just playing with you a bit on all the above. This is just a msg board...and I'm obviously going overboard.

Last: I see you did not address the "concentration camp" libel. I'm not suggesting you said it; I have no idea. But the person who did say it in this thread better have Dostoevsky-level evidence to demonstrate the assertion.

Will do

keep playing.  I'm learning.  That's good.  but who was Dostoyevsky...I kid.  I did not say it...This seems better than NPR or even the BBC.   So much better than the Bonnie BS... I realize this is not a game.  glad to be in the USA, at least for now.  Is there anywhere safer?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Yeah, I got that sense for some of your posts on the other board. Pretty sure I "awesomed" (real word?) some of them. If not...know that you will always be my brother.

(btw, I don't have the dignity of being a formal vet...no uniform. I was one of those weirdos, in civies but fully geared, riding around w CAG or DEVGRU or whomever the real heroes were)

I worked in Air Force Intel, but some of my duties did take me beyond the wire

I came away with an appreciation of their culture. I have really traveled all over I came away with an appreciation of different cultures. If we think that we are embedded into our religion here, try going to the Middle East.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

“It liberates the vandal to travel — you never saw a bigoted, opinionated, stubborn, narrow-minded, self-conceited, almighty mean man in your life but he had stuck in one place since he was born and thought God made the world and dyspepsia and bile for his especial comfort and satisfaction.”

Who said this?

I'm gonna tell a true story.  a highly regarded military man and author addressed our Rotary Club.  He is a member's son.  He said (paraphrasing)  "Rice bowl diplomacy is killing us. We need groups like this to win wars"... Talk amongst yourselves....

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Pro Hamas is the new blm apparently… more ‘liberal’ death and destruction from the most racist destructive sociopaths society has to offer 

https://jewishinsider.com/2023/10/harvard-administration-students-israel-gaza-hamas/

No and it doesn't even play well with the MAGAs.  Try again...and good luck in NoVa traffic.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No and it doesn't even play well with the MAGAs

NYU too.. all the super liberals are into decolonization and pro Hamas apologists…. Scourge of the earth. You guys make MAGAs look like boy scouts 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

NYU too.. all the super liberals are into decolonization and pro Hamas apologists…. Scourge of the earth. You guys make MAGAs look like boy scouts 

I don't know a single person from NYU.  UVA, for sure...Well in all honesty there was this kid from NYC who was into Godard.  I think he went to Hollywood.   
Kinda an ass.  Yes he's Jewish.  'stayed in his  brownstone,  Father was a prof at Hunter

college. Some very lively discussions . If I met him again, I'd bet we'd hug.  Charlie...introduced me to a  fantastic bagel place.  wish i could remember it.  and no, not

that.  he was into girls.  like I am/ was.  Marriage and all.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3495794/

Don't wait.  

It's not that good.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

5. As to your second post ref "way ahead". I'm no military expert but imv: one best fights asymmetric warfare asymmetrically, over the long term. There are tactical and national assets to do so, but I won't bore you with that. Believe me, Fallujah sucked major a**, and I was only at the railroad station north of the city. But if ISRvidetnam.  this  wants to plunge mech brigades into Gaza City (ala OP Cast Lead) I guess they can have at it.

Those poor guys and families,  and trump calls them losers.  3d chess. nd the winners are POS.  The losers are good people. What must we do?

great movie:

• Haha (+1) 1

The Qassam rocket (Arabic: صاروخ القسام Ṣārūkh al-Qassām; also Kassam) is a simple, steel artillery rocket developed and deployed by the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military arm of Hamas. These rockets cannot be fired to target specific military objectives in or near civilian areas, and are "indiscriminate when used against targets in population centers".[4]

The utility of the Qassam rocket design is assumed to be ease and speed of manufacture, using common tools and components. To this end, the rockets are propelled by a solid mixture of sugar and potassium nitrate, a common fertilizer. The warhead is filled with smuggled or scavenged TNT and urea nitrate, another common fertilizer. The warhead's explosive material is similar to the civilian explosive ammonite.[15]

The rocket consists of a steel cylinder, containing a rectangular block of the propellant. A steel plate which forms and supports the nozzles is then spot-welded to the base of the cylinder. The warhead consists of a simple metal shell surrounding the explosives, and is triggered by a fuse constructed using a simple firearm cartridge, spring and a nail.[15]

Early designs used a single nozzle which screwed into the base; later rockets use a seven-nozzle design, with the nozzles drilled directly into the rocket baseplate. This alteration both increases the tolerance of the rocket to small nozzle design defects, and makes manufacture easier by allowing the use of a drill rather than a lathe during manufacture (because of the smaller nozzle size). Unlike many other rockets, the nozzles are not canted, which means the rocket does not spin about its longitudinal axis during flight. While this results in a significant decrease in accuracy, it greatly simplifies manufacture and the launch systems required.[15]

Cost

The cost of the materials used for manufacturing each Qassam is up to $800 or €500 (in 2008–2009) per rocket.[16][17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qassam_rocket

image.png.3cc57d65d534385996883e0618b62a16.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

The Qassam rocket (Arabic: صاروخ القسام Ṣārūkh al-Qassām; also Kassam) is a simple, steel artillery rocket developed and deployed by the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military arm of Hamas. These rockets cannot be fired to target specific military objectives in or near civilian areas, and are "indiscriminate when used against targets in population centers".[4]

The utility of the Qassam rocket design is assumed to be ease and speed of manufacture, using common tools and components. To this end, the rockets are propelled by a solid mixture of sugar and potassium nitrate, a common fertilizer. The warhead is filled with smuggled or scavenged TNT and urea nitrate, another common fertilizer. The warhead's explosive material is similar to the civilian explosive ammonite.[15]

The rocket consists of a steel cylinder, containing a rectangular block of the propellant. A steel plate which forms and supports the nozzles is then spot-welded to the base of the cylinder. The warhead consists of a simple metal shell surrounding the explosives, and is triggered by a fuse constructed using a simple firearm cartridge, spring and a nail.[15]

Early designs used a single nozzle which screwed into the base; later rockets use a seven-nozzle design, with the nozzles drilled directly into the rocket baseplate. This alteration both increases the tolerance of the rocket to small nozzle design defects, and makes manufacture easier by allowing the use of a drill rather than a lathe during manufacture (because of the smaller nozzle size). Unlike many other rockets, the nozzles are not canted, which means the rocket does not spin about its longitudinal axis during flight. While this results in a significant decrease in accuracy, it greatly simplifies manufacture and the launch systems required.[15]

Cost

The cost of the materials used for manufacturing each Qassam is up to $800 or €500 (in 2008–2009) per rocket.[16][17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qassam_rocket

image.png.3cc57d65d534385996883e0618b62a16.png

Holy crap, today I learned something from tibs. Did hell freeze over? Good post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2