Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

honestly I would have banned you for posting the same stupid thing over and over about Israel's ambassador 100 times in the past week, but that's just me

I get banned 8x for my opinion! and you get to make an a-hole out of yourself every day. makes no sense

Dang, your opinion must have been beast back then.  anymore, it's just something from the news cycle.

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Nah, what 'simon sez' goes and crusading is quite loosely defined. My opinions weren't that controversial 

asking about the israel ambassador in hundreds of posts over and over is clearly spam. 

I was joking. I saw at least one of the threads where you took what's allowed here and tried it in the main forum.  I got a warning for even mentioning the covid mob on a thread about Cole last year.  (politics)

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

i guess I dont know what you are talking about but its cool. Glad you weren't banned though, phewww you are lucky 

I stopped short of calling people insults. that's what got you at least once. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

Ok, I feel like I need to be the A-hole and ask the dumb question: what's the end game?

For Hamas, it appears to be complete control on the populace with the ouster of moderates and hope that Israel outrages enough neighbors that the fighting gets globalized.

For Israel? You've spent 15 years killing Palestinians at a rate of 20 to 1. You've blockaded them, starved their economy, crippled their industry. They've lost 50% of their GDP. And what you've gotten out of it is people evicted from their homes, smuggling tunnels now providing basic food, water and medicine that have become pipelines for arms, no economic future and very little to lose.

Do you want to ethnically cleanse 2 million people? Do you want to permanently hold a US style occupation surrounded by people who hate your guts and neighbors all to pleased to help them?

How does this end well for Israel without giving a little, which is opposite of what people want now? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ok, I feel like I need to be the A-hole and ask the dumb question: what's the end game?

For Hamas, it appears to be complete control on the populace with the ouster of moderates and hope that Israel outrages enough neighbors that the fighting gets globalized.

For Israel? You've spent 15 years killing Palestinians at a rate of 20 to 1. You've blockaded them, starved their economy, crippled their industry. They've lost 50% of their GDP. And what you've gotten out of it is people evicted from their homes, smuggling tunnels now providing basic food, water and medicine that have become pipelines for arms, no economic future and very little to lose.

Do you want to ethnically cleanse 2 million people? Do you want to permanently hold a US style occupation surrounded by people who hate your guts and neighbors all to pleased to help them?

How does this end well for Israel without giving a little, which is opposite of what people want now? 

Honestly,  the only end to this is if one of the groups no longer occupies the area.........there is no easy answer that doesn't involve loss of life. It's sad, the only real losers are all the civilians.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

kinda, I made a joke about having sex with someone's mom once. It was a joke but that was probably the most legitimate ban, I respected that one. The 7 others were a freakin joke and I'll likely be banned for this now so nice knowin ya

but anyway back to the topic of the war in Israel. I hope they smoke Hamas, that was a stupid and senseless act of terror and they are asking for any and all retribution

yeah, not cool

11 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I saw on the news there was an American woman living in Southern Israel with her husband. She had dedicated her life to Palestinian rights. Hamas terrorists came through and kidnapped her and her husband and now no one knows her fate.

just stupid 

war is stupid.  sucks bad.  Sasha came back a muddy mess.  there's hope.  I don't think she got the deer but it'd be fine if she did.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

6 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Honestly,  the only end to this is if one of the groups no longer occupies the area.........there is no easy answer that doesn't involve loss of life. It's sad, the only real losers are all the civilians.

Cool. What is your plan for relocating a group with the population size of the state of New Mexico? 

Or are you just going to throw up your hands, say "well it sucks to be you" and wash your hands of killing a population of 2 million people? 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

honestly I would have banned you for posting the same stupid thing over and over about Israel's ambassador 100 times in the past week, but that's just me

I get banned 8x for my opinion! and you get to make an a-hole out of yourself every day. makes no sense

Well, some of that has to do with what part of the board one chooses to post on. The main board allows for a fair amount of trash talking, but political trash talk tends to have consequences there.  Here, not so much, unless some some aggrieved soul gets upset by content and reaches out to a moderator.  

For instance, the poster in question's tough talk, were it to occur on the main board is typically recognized as just about the softest form of internet insult, mockery ensues, and some version of ban or points follows.  To put it in simple terms, in life,  on the one hand you have an MMA fighter, toughest guy in the land, fair but willing to draw a line in the sand.  On the other hand, you have the Frito Bandito, a caricature of a villain if there ever was one.  BillSy may be a good and decent person off the board, passionate about his causes, but he spends an awful lot of time here playing the Frito Bandito.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Cool. What is your plan for relocating a group with the population size of the state of New Mexico? 

Or are you just going to throw up your hands, say "well it sucks to be you" and wash your hands of killing a population of 2 million people? 

There is no black and white answer.....that was the point of my post, which you missed completely.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Why assume it's his problem to solve?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Israel was attacked. We say it was by Hamas terrorists, but Hamas is in de facto control of the Gaza strip. In other words, it is the government of Gaza, and Hamas terrorists are therefore the Gaza army. 

Israel has a right to self defense, and that includes trying to eliminate the threat from that foreign aggressor. That includes going after Gaza/Hamas command and control sites, weapons stockpiles, and Gaza/Hamas terrorists/fighters.

But you do make a good point: what is the endgame? Israel may cause another huge refugee crisis, and some of those Gaza residents are going to end up at the U.S.-Mexico border asking for asylum too. And at some point legitimate self defense butts up against illegitimate punishment of an entire population whether or not it had anything to do with the attacks on Israel.

I think Biden is doing the right thing for now: expressing support for Israel and outrage at the terrorist operation. He is giving Israel some leeway for a legitimate counterattack in its exercise of self defense. But at least privately I hope he is telling Netanyahu that this is not anything goes. There need to be limits, and there needs to be a strategy beyond revenge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To destroy Israel, that is their goal 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

what does crusading mean? who knows, but asking someone directly about the Israel ambassador 100+ times seems like it could qualify, just saying :)

I'm surprised, after the first suspension, you haven't learned not to F around on the Bills side.

Regarding your comment about my repeated questions to Bonnie (which is nothing more than driving home a very important point - that he continuously turns himself inside out defending Tuberville yet lacks the confidence and talking points to explain why we do not have an Ambassador in Israel) the search functionality on this site disputes the 100+ times characterization.  Just sayin!

• Vomit 1