Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

For Israel? You've spent 15 years killing Palestinians at a rate of 20 to 1. You've blockaded them, starved their economy, crippled their industry. They've lost 50% of their GDP. And what you've gotten out of it is people evicted from their homes, smuggling tunnels now providing basic food, water and medicine that have become pipelines for arms, no economic future and very little to lose.

Do you want to ethnically cleanse 2 million people? Do you want to permanently hold a US style occupation surrounded by people who hate your guts and neighbors all to pleased to help them?

How does this end well for Israel without giving a little, which is opposite of what people want now? 

Good questions. Seems like the right wing over there just wants to grind them down to dust. They've given up on peaceful solutions and were waging low intensity conflict in west bank taking more land and now this blows up. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good questions. Seems like the right wing over there just wants to grind them down to dust. They've given up on peaceful solutions and were waging low intensity conflict in west bank taking more land and now this blows up. 

There are no peaceful solutions. They will keep fighting until one side ceases to exist. There is no wiggle room.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Israel was attacked. We say it was by Hamas terrorists, but Hamas is in de facto control of the Gaza strip. In other words, it is the government of Gaza, and Hamas terrorists are therefore the Gaza army. 

Israel has a right to self defense, and that includes trying to eliminate the threat from that foreign aggressor. That includes going after Gaza/Hamas command and control sites, weapons stockpiles, and Gaza/Hamas terrorists/fighters.

But you do make a good point: what is the endgame? Israel may cause another huge refugee crisis, and some of those Gaza residents are going to end up at the U.S.-Mexico border asking for asylum too. And at some point legitimate self defense butts up against illegitimate punishment of an entire population whether or not it had anything to do with the attacks on Israel.

I think Biden is doing the right thing for now: expressing support for Israel and outrage at the terrorist operation. He is giving Israel some leeway for a legitimate counterattack in its exercise of self defense. But at least privately I hope he is telling Netanyahu that this is not anything goes. There need to be limits, and there needs to be a strategy beyond revenge.

Biden isn't doing anything other than barely being able to read from a teleprompter.  He slept thought the first two days of the fighting waiting for somebody to tell him what to do.  We have 22 Americans confirmed dead and he's sitting with his thumb up his ass.   

One a side note, the dickheads @ Chicago BLM are covering their tracks once they figured out their disgusting post in support of Hamas beheading babies would dry up their gravy train.  

***** BLM Chicago Covering Tracks

On another side note @SUNY_amherst - watch the one moderator you mentioned.  He gets you in his sights and you would get a penalty point for saying hello, especially if he doesn't agree with your politics.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

There are no peaceful solutions. They will keep fighting until one side ceases to exist. There is no wiggle room.

I wish you were wrong, but you are probably not. 

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

Biden is doing anything other than reading from a teleprompter.  He slept thought the first two days of the fighting waiting for somebody to tell him what to do.  We have 22 dead Americans confirmed dead and he's sitting with his thumb up his ass.  What a mess. 

One a side note, the dickheads @ Chicago BLM are covering their tracks once they figured out their disgusting post in support of Hamas beheading babies would dry up their gravy train.  What a mess.  

***** BLM Chicago Covering Tracks

On another side note @SUNY_amherst - watch the one moderator you mentioned.  He gets you in his sights and you would get a penalty point for saying hello.     

Something goes wrong in the world: Quick, blame black people...

Rinse, recycle 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

geez, Irv.  Have some bourbon.  Perhaps Tenhigh...nah, get knobs creek or makers...but you can get a bottle of ten high for $10.99 on the internet.  I had no idea.  It's a solid pass....

Tenhigh used to be a solid well bourbon in the early aughts.  The recipe then changed and its now a blend.

An allegory for me? The world?  Hiking nazis?  Who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wish you were wrong, but you are probably not. 

Something goes wrong in the world: Quick, blame black people...

Rinse, recycle 

Wow.  No post about Trump?  That's a first.  I feel very sorry for you.  You're posts supporting antisemitism and beheading babies are sickening.  

BLM.jpg

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I'm surprised, after the first suspension, you haven't learned not to F around on the Bills side.

Regarding your comment about my repeated questions to Bonnie (which is nothing more than driving home a very important point - that he continuously turns himself inside out defending Tuberville yet lacks the confidence and talking points to explain why we do not have an Ambassador in Israel) the search functionality on this site disputes the 100+ times characterization.  Just sayin!

Or you are just a crusading delta bravo that goes unpunished because Irv moderates on the "Thunderdome" model.  Either way, he has a point. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

Wow.  No post about Trump?  That's a first.  I feel very sorry for you.  You're posts supporting antisemitism and beheading babies are sickening.  

BLM.jpg

image.png.e63bed796087aa54e152d5afcb90762e.png

Remember this guy? He was not BLM. He murdered Jews in Pittsburg when Trump was screaming there was a caravan coming to invade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Or you are just a crusading delta bravo that goes unpunished because Irv moderates on the "Thunderdome" model.  Either way, he has a point. 

When you guys call out your friends like @BillsFanNC for repeatedly calling   people to F off or F stain - or repeatedly calling people they don’t like groomers - I’ll worry about repeatedly asking our resident plagiarist @B-Man why the US doesn’t have an Ambassador in Israel.

He could have nipped it in the bud but he can’t because he is intellectually dishonest. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Israel was attacked. We say it was by Hamas terrorists, but Hamas is in de facto control of the Gaza strip. In other words, it is the government of Gaza, and Hamas terrorists are therefore the Gaza army. 

Israel has a right to self defense, and that includes trying to eliminate the threat from that foreign aggressor. That includes going after Gaza/Hamas command and control sites, weapons stockpiles, and Gaza/Hamas terrorists/fighters.

But you do make a good point: what is the endgame? Israel may cause another huge refugee crisis, and some of those Gaza residents are going to end up at the U.S.-Mexico border asking for asylum too. And at some point legitimate self defense butts up against illegitimate punishment of an entire population whether or not it had anything to do with the attacks on Israel.

I think Biden is doing the right thing for now: expressing support for Israel and outrage at the terrorist operation. He is giving Israel some leeway for a legitimate counterattack in its exercise of self defense. But at least privately I hope he is telling Netanyahu that this is not anything goes. There need to be limits, and there needs to be a strategy beyond revenge.

I can't say a particularly disagree with anything you say. No matter how Hamas came to be in charge, I can't really dispute that they effectively control Gaza. Not only do I think that Israel has a right to defend itself, the US is hard pressed for allies in the region and I don't think it's feasible to abandon them regardless of the moral imperative.

The question I grapple with is "what do you do?" 

Even if I were to swallow the moral horror of killing and/or forcefully relocating the population equivalent to Houston, do you actually get to peace from that? The Saudis are 5th in the world in military spending (that we sell them) and they are backing Palestine, never mind Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq and Iran. Who is going to stop them if the US doesn't intervene? Will the US intervene? Should the US intervene? We have people here saying we should get out of Ukraine when that's a war they didn't pick.

I think some of the "rah rah just kill em all" faction have never asked the question or don't care

• Like (+1) 1