38th anniversary of Bruce Smith's first career sack

DaBillsFanSince1973

I remember Bruce getting drafted. Who can't remember a number one overall draft pick?

If I recall correctly, he wasn't a big baller during his first season or two, he was overweight and undisciplined. Then something clicked... he became a gym rat and got ripped. He also became a film room rat. That's when he began to dominate.

I could be wrong, but that's my 38 year old memory.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, k2mountain said:

I remember Bruce getting drafted. Who can't remember a number one overall draft pick?

If I recall correctly, he wasn't a big baller during his first season or two, he was overweight and undisciplined. Then something clicked... he became a gym rat and got ripped. He also became a film room rat. That's when he began to dominate.

If I remember right after he crashed his BMW the Dr's. At the time told he that he was very lucky to be alive and to get out of the car.

He started eating better and stayed in town after that year and hit the gym and became the physical specimen that we all say him become.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

If I remember right after he crashed his BMW the Dr's. At the time told he that he was very lucky to be alive and to get out of the car.

He started eating better and stayed in town after that year and hit the gym and became the physical specimen that we all say him become.

Didn’t he go through 15 treadmills because he was a beast?! 😎

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, k2mountain said:

I think he came to camp at 305 lbs.    He became just what you described and played at 275.  memory alert

Ken O’Brien still twitches.   

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Met him once on a Saturday night at the Late Show bar in Nfalls in 1990. He was immense in person and covered in gold chains like Mr.T.  What a player! One of my favorite Bills of all time! 

Dang, The Late show..

Alfie's New Yorker & The Library era too. 🍻

McQ's, Partner's, Club Miami all around there too..

Where did our time go? 🫤

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Dang, The Late show..

Alfie's New Yorker & The Library era too. 🍻

McQ's, Partner's, Club Miami all around there too..

Where did our time go? 🫤

My GF and I and a group of our friends would hit the late show every Saturday night back in those days. It was never a dull experience! always an adventure! 

18 hours ago, Lost said:

Would a prime Bruce Smith still dominate in today's NFL?

If he had Rusty Jones to help him.

5 hours ago, k2mountain said:

I had therapy to make me forget Flowers.  Evidently I went into a rage and used a lot of language I normally do not use.

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.