We ever gonna use Kincaid ?

Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

We don't need to rely on a rookie TE and that's a good thing. We can bring him along at a nice pace. Too bad some of you want to blow your load in 2 minutes. Don't we have another 14 games to go?!?!?

If they don’t need to rely on him, then why jump up in the first round to select him?   Good thing that Sherfield, Harty and Knox are lighting it up, while they bring Kincaid up to speed. /sarcasm off

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

LaPorta looks like a steal, but it’s more to do with use than anything.  

It's this, which is why the answer to the OP question is no. Dorsey has no idea what to do with either him or Knox other than to have them as checkdown dump off options. We were told there were mismatches to be had. Show men Ken finding and exploiting those mismatches. We are told teams are playing a lot of two deep shell. Well, the place to attack that is the seam in the middle. Ken has not attacked that seam.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

you mean the 2nd leading receiver in catches on the team

What is wrong with some of you?

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/stats/

11 catches for 72 yards spread across 3 games. Remind me to grab this guy off the waiver wire for my fantasy team. 

All jokes aside, Kincaid will get his, but Dawson Knox is still the best TE on this team

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Did you watch game #2? It was the best Bills OC performance in years. Of course he has to repeat this. Dorsey has so many weapons to play with that he will have this pressure to wow the league. For sure. Do I think Reid, McDaniels and others do a better job? YESSS. But it doesn't mean he sucks! Last year I was bewildered that he went from very creative to start the year to very predictable by the end. Hopefully it changes, but so far this year he's done a pretty good job! Many new pieces and they are figuring out how to use them... while winning. So far so good IMO.

I like your optimism. I’m not saying he’s terrible. I want to see Kincaid brought into the offense. He’s the best TE in the draft. I want to see more  wide open crossers other than Diggs. I want to see more Sherfield. It took 3 games to get him his first receptions and they were dump offs when Josh got flushed. He was very productive for Miami last year. How about Hardy in the vertical scenario, which he was brought in for. How about a screen to somebody. I’m seeing too many draws with Josh sprinting laterally to Cook going over the left side. Jet sweeps are getting stuffed. So in closing, we beat 2 pedestrian offenses. I’m not complaining about wins, but we have better receivers and backs this year. I want to see an offense where Josh doesn’t have to be fitting throws in tight windows to hit Diggs or Davis. When you watch these other great offenses they have plays that are wide open. We should have some. Miami confuses with motion, SF uses Sweeney and McCaffrey on screens and short crossers. What’s our identity? To me, after the Jets, Dorsey’s offense was stay away from turnovers and Josh will find a way. Hopefully this will get us a win on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

11 catches for 72 yards spread across 3 games. Remind me to grab this guy off the waiver wire for my fantasy team. 

All jokes aside, Kincaid will get his, but Dawson Knox is still the best TE on this team

That on pace for 62 catches this year, 5th most ever for a rookie TE. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

I swear some of you just parrot what goes on at WGR.

No.   We're never going to use him.  Ever.

Sneaky Joe has one purpose in life:

To tweet-troll low-IQ bills fans into following the screeching idiots at WGR.

Seriously, the local sports station in ATLANTIC CITY has better sports hosts than Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This Laporta kid drafted after him is crushing it in Detroit 

Id like to see similar things from Kincaid 

Kincaid certainly has the talent - it’s on Dorsey and, to a lesser extent, Allen to design opportunities for him and get him the ball.

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Bills just dropped 38 & 37 points consecutively. Are people really complaining? Do we need to score 70 points this week? Give Kincaid a little time. We aren’t even a quarter of the way thru the season yet. 

It would be hilarious if we scored 70 on the Dolphins. The internet would break.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If Kincaid and Knox keep up their present pace Kincaid will be considered the best Bills TE before the seasons end, as a rookie.

And I am not saying Knox unworthy its just the mind numbing thought process from some Bills fans on what a rookie TE should accomplish in 3 games

Just for comparison sake. Knox and Kincaid both have the same amount of targets, Kincaid has more yards and more catches. Knoxs does have 1 TD.

Edited by ddaryl

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Andddd this is why I hate fans. Four weeks into the season people take massive brush strokes on rookies with no thinking behind it or giving time for things to play out.

-Kincaid is third on the Bills in receptions and yards

-He is pacing for the 5th most receptions ever by a rookie TE

-Only two rookie TEs ever have even broke 1000 yards and just five have broke 800 yards

-11 TE's in the history of the NFL as a rookie have broken 600 yards, by comparison 6 rookie WRs last year broke 600 yards. It is a legitimately difficult position to learn and integrate a new player year one.

-The Bills offense is still working in many new pieces at this point it is far from a finished product

-If you watch All 22 Kincaid is open 24/7 and doing his part, Josh is building trust and learning to find him. The Jets game Kincaid could've had a 100 yards easily if Josh stopped playing hero ball

-Plenty of players as rookies come on hot and hit the rookie wall, others take their time in the first half of the season and find their wings

um a large chunk of our fans were predicting that none of that history of rookie TE’s applied to Kincaid. Fun times.

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Allen is already competing over 70% of his passes...and the Bills so far are a top rushing team.  Who do you want to take touches away from to give to Kincaid?

Jordan Whitehead... I kid I kid. I do think it's because it's his rookie year but he needs to be the TE1. Knox isn't really that great imo

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Jordan Whitehead... I kid I kid. I do think it's because it's his rookie year but he needs to be the TE1. Knox isn't really that great imo

Knox is a significantly better blocker.  He’s fine being TE2/slot WR.  Just needs to be utilized 

If you look at the season schedule as a whole, this is the first game that you'd bring out different looks as an OC.

I am really looking forward to seeing some innovated uses of some of the new weapons on the Bills.

If we don't see that I will be a bit disappointed in Dorsey and Josh.

This is the game to begin to show what Kincaid, Harty and Sherfield can do.  Knox has more TDs against the Dolphins than any other team.

Show me what you got Ken!

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Gunner: what tells you this?  I would have no idea how to assess this, so I’m interested in how you came to see this. Thanks!

By knowing the standard route combinations in the NFL and by comparing to what the Bills have run in the past. I think he is getting a little impatient and coming out a hair to soon on a lot of his routes which ends up him being a bit shallow on where he should be. It isn't a big difference but the precise margins of an NFL passing offense means it matters. Think he needs to relax a bit. Internal clock likely going too fast.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.