TNF - Lions @ Packers

T&C

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I responded to a question about why there may be apathy for this game.  

I didn’t question the talent on Detroit. 

I pointed out that they don’t have a QB anyone wants to watch, and nobody - aside from hardcore NFL fans - is all “I can’t wait to see what Hutch and St Brown do out there tonight!!”

It's more of a happiness for Detroit. 

Finally having a team to cheer for. 

I went to both Detroit games last year and I thought it was nice venue and a good time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

The kid has 3 NFL starts and is playing in his first primetime game.

The chances of him looking good out of the gate tonight fell somewhere between slim and none.

He may be a virtual rookie longer than Ryan Fitzpatrick was. 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Valid. If I was east coast, I’d be in bed by halftime. I’m old now. 

The proper terminology is "experienced".

I am experienced enough that I already sent the ol' battle axe upstairs to fluff my pillow

• Haha (+1) 1

Lafluer couldn't get it done with Rodgers, its impossible to even image him winning championships with Love.  Packers need to move on from one or both of them after this season. 

Love is providing evidence that "seating and holding a clipboard" may not be the best way to develop a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

The kid has 3 NFL starts and is playing in his first primetime game.

The chances of him looking good out of the gate tonight fell somewhere between slim and none.

The Packers will win somewhere between 8 and 10 games this year because they have an easy schedule but this kid isn't it.   His pocket awareness, lateral movement, and physical stature screams backup QB.

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Josh looked like this in some games in his rookie year. 

Terrible narrative.  Josh was raw his rookie year.  He was also running around like a maniac, hurdling 6'4 linebackers, and showing off elite physical tools.

It was pretty obvious the Bills had something in Josh.   Jordan Love isn't any of rhat.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's more of a happiness for Detroit. 

Finally having a team to cheer for. 

I went to both Detroit games last year and I thought it was nice venue and a good time. 

Yeah, Detroit fans getting a home playoff game would be really cool for them. I’m also happy for Goff. He might not be elite, but he’s better than he gets credit for. Goff was part of McVay’s early success with the Rams. He was treated as being completely disposable, but the Lions look in better shape than the Rams. 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, Detroit fans getting a home playoff game would be really cool for them. I’m also happy for Goff. He might not be elite, but he’s better than he gets credit for. Goff was part of McVay’s early success with the Rams. He was treated as being completely disposable, but the Lions look in better shape than the Rams. 

I'm always happy when QBs that are unceremoniously dumped prove that they can still play.  It's easy to cheer for guys like Goff, Gino and even Baker considering how they were used up and cast aside for the next shiny thing by their former teams.  Watching Gino is extra delightful considering what's happening to the Jets at QB now.

Also, if there's any group of fans that deserve to have a good run, it's Lions fans. 

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Al: "Green Bay wants to get the hell off the field"

Cranky Al is a national treasure. By the 4th quarter of these games he's downright hysterical.

I agree. And I’m not sure why I’d expect him to be different than any other 78 year old at 11pm on a Thursday night still at work. Tired, experienced, Al is the best commentator in the NFL. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

I'm always happy when QBs that are unceremoniously dumped prove that they can still play.  It's easy to cheer for guys like Goff, Gino and even Baker considering how they were used up and cast aside for the next shiny thing by their former teams.  Watching Gino is extra delightful considering what's happening to the Jets at QB now.

Also, if there's any group of fans that deserve to have a good run, it's Lions fans. 

I'm not sure any QB in history has had worse situations than Baker.  In six seasons hes had to deal with Hue Jackson, Freddie Kitchens, and Matt Rhule.   

If the Browns had any sense they would have put Stefanski in place but signed less vocal wideouts.  Putting Baker with idiots like OBJ and Landry was a no win situation.  Meanwhile he gets them to the playoffs and nearly beats the Chiefs.

Feel like the guy could have been a decent NFL QB but his physical limitations required the right situation.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.