TNF - Lions @ Packers

T&C

I think they better hold off on anointing Love as the Three Peat Packers HOF QB

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Is my apathy for this game because it’s the NFC or is it actually as boring as it seems? 

I guess it depends what you’re wanting to watch.  Lions offense has thrown down some unexpected plays.  A Goff scramble.  A 40 yd reverse with Goff blocking downfield.  On the other hand….the Beatles sang “can’t buy me love”, the Packers are “Can’t Protect me Love”

Their OL stinks so far

And their returner’s decision making stunk

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Is my apathy for this game because it’s the NFC or is it actually as boring as it seems? 

19 minutes ago, Simon said:

Probably both.

Give it some time though; these two are likely playing for a division title so things might heat up.

Errrrr, nevermind. :bag:

• Haha (+1) 2

Watching Green Bay's offense, it feels like they are running the plays against air.

Like they only care about executing the play exactly right.  No matter what the actual defenders are actually doing.

We'll take our lumps early in the season, but lets make sure we have our timing down on every play.

I bet we wont see jordan Love actually audible a single time.   Its like they dont care too much about what the D is doing or going to do.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

For the life of me I'll never understand how QBs with such little football awareness make it to the NFL 

You can look at Jordan Love and know right away, yeah that ain't it.   

I strongly disagree

I think Love looks poised.  Unrattled.  And focused.  He is never watching the rush.  Its like he has command of the offense.

But it feels like they are running only the plain vanilla plays.  

Just now, SCBills said:

What casual fan cares about St Brown or Hutchinson?

anyone who likes football and watches it can recognize the talent on this team immediately.

if you are asking me what the drunk uninformed loudmouthed fan who only watches because he might win some money gambling or has a fantasy team thinks then i frankly don't care.  those people are morons who only know the qb's and mostly the star qb's.  

and for the record lots of people are going to know hutchinson by the end of this season, even the stupid casual fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

anyone who likes football and watches it can recognize the talent on this team immediately.

if you are asking me what the drunk uninformed loudmouthed fan who only watches because he might win some money gambling or has a fantasy team thinks then i frankly don't care.  those people are morons who only know the qb's and mostly the star qb's.  

and for the record lots of people are going to know hutchinson by the end of this season, even the stupid casual fans.

I responded to a question about why there may be apathy for this game.  

I didn’t question the talent on Detroit. 

I pointed out that they don’t have a QB anyone wants to watch, and nobody - aside from hardcore NFL fans - is all “I can’t wait to see what Hutch and St Brown do out there tonight!!”

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is my first time seeing Jordan Love. Is he usually this bad? 

The packers have been rope-a-doping the NFL with Love.  First, sit him on the bench for three years, then have him come in and play poorly, but somehow squeek into the playoffs.  Only then with the real Love be awakened to dazzle us as the second coming of Aaron Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

For the life of me I'll never understand how QBs with such little football awareness make it to the NFL 

You can look at Jordan Love and know right away, yeah that ain't it.   

The kid has 3 NFL starts and is playing in his first primetime game.

The chances of him looking good out of the gate tonight fell somewhere between slim and none.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.