Who's going to the game tomorrow?

ProcessTruster

Anyone going to the game tomorrow? 

My son and I will be goal line, Bills side, tunnel end row 2.   They are called the "Dream Seats" whatever the heck that means.  For what I paid, they better be a dream.  i guess you can order drinks/food and they bring them to you.  I'll report back on how that works (or doesn't).

Plus everyone has to pre-pay for a specific parking spot.  Crazy.   You don't want to know what that just cost me.   

Now I know why I haven't paid to go to Fedex in the 30+ years I've lived here.   

I remember back in the day walking up to a ticket booth at Rich Stadium and buying decent tkts an hour before game time.   Paying a guy $10 to park in his yard.   Whatever happened to that?  

Go Bills!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I remember back in the day walking up to a ticket booth at Rich Stadium and buying decent tkts an hour before game time.   Paying a guy $10 to park in his yard.   Whatever happened to that?  

Bill Polian screwed up a good thing.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

My son and I will be goal line, Bills side, tunnel end row 2.   They are called the "Dream Seats" whatever the heck that means.  For what I paid, they better be a dream.  i guess you can order drinks/food and they bring them to you.  I'll report back on how that works (or doesn't).

Plus everyone has to pre-pay for a specific parking spot.  Crazy.   You don't want to know what that just cost me.   

Go Bills!! 

Guess the new owners haven’t revised Snyder‘s pricing models yet.

14 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Im in 117 I think. Rest of family is in another section. At a hotel that’s prob 75% Bills fans. 

what hotel?   

we will be in front of you in your section 117 , but 2 rows from the field on the end of the midfield end of the row.   we will be prob the two tallest guys in the row.   

will need to be prob can't see anything.   what's cool about these games (at least in the Meadowlands) is if the Bills are winning at the end, all the Bills fans pile up behind the bills bench and party at the end of the game.  lets' hope that happens

• Like (+1) 1

Go Bills!! 

The nice thing about Fed Ex Field is that they have a metro.  So it's possible to park elsewhere for cheap and ride in.  

FEF isn't very good for tailgating either, so that may be a good option.  

I know it's too late since you already bought the parking pass, just sayin'.  

Me the wife and our sailboat are anchored up St John’s creek in Solomons Md, waiting out this weather for a couple of days. We will be following the game on line, then continuing down to Norfolk and ultimately the Bahamas 🇧🇸 to work on my tan…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Go Bills!! 

I hate that stadium but will be going anyway with my two sons and a good friend who is a Washington fan but not a diehard like my sons and I are with the Bills. I took him to a Bills game in Orchard Park several years ago and he loved it. He is happy for us when the Bills win (tomorrow aside). We'll be in Section 426

41 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The nice thing about Fed Ex Field is that they have a metro.  So it's possible to park elsewhere for cheap and ride in.  

FEF isn't very good for tailgating either, so that may be a good option.  

I know it's too late since you already bought the parking pass, just sayin'.  

I believe I read that it is a good mile walk from the metro station to the stadium and no shuttle.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but FWIW almost all of the parking (except maybe the Bus/RV lot) is closer 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I believe I read that it is a good mile walk from the metro station to the stadium and no shuttle.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but FWIW almost all of the parking (except maybe the Bus/RV lot) is closer 

You're correct. We're taking the Metro in from Springfield. Our final stop is about 9/10 of a mile from CrapEx Field. I did the same several years ago for a Bills preseason game there. The walk wasn't bad but it was a beautiful day. Tomorrow may be a different story.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.wmata.com/rider-guide/events/#:~:text=Metrorail Service to FedEx Field,direct access to the stadium.

Morgan Boulevard Station on the Silver or Blue Line is the closest station to FedEx Field. The station is nine-tenths of a mile from the stadium and a pedestrian walkway offers direct access to the stadium.

NOTE 1: For any Non-Rider, there is a $15.00 Special Event Parking Fee at Morgan Blvd. and Downtown Largo during events at FedEx Field.

NOTE 2: WMATA will not allow payment by cash anymore for buses or rail  You need to buy a stored value card and then put money in it to use transportation system.

If you need to use cash (i.e. your car broke down or is towed) too bad you can't. 

what hotel?   

we will be in front of you in your section 117 , but 2 rows from the field on the end of the midfield end of the row.   we will be prob the two tallest guys in the row.   

will need to be prob can't see anything.   what's cool about these games (at least in the Meadowlands) is if the Bills are winning at the end, all the Bills fans pile up behind the bills bench and party at the end of the game.  lets' hope that happens

Holiday inn express near the stadium 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Me the wife and our sailboat are anchored up St John’s creek in Solomons Md, waiting out this weather for a couple of days. We will be following the game on line, then continuing down to Norfolk and ultimately the Bahamas 🇧🇸 to work on my tan…, 

GO BILLS!!!

You staying on the boat?  Is it rough waters? 

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Go Bills!! 

I've sat in the dream seats years ago, like cira '08-'09. We got the tickets through my old job when I lived and worked in Maryland back then. Its a pretty cool experience to be that close. I remeber we right behind one of the camera guys, and had fun talking to him, players, and cheerleaders.

Only small issue it makes it harder to keep up with the on the field action - were right on the 50. Still an amazing experience. You'll have a great time. 

Tailgating generally sucks there, but if anyone wants to wander into the Purple lot, there will be a large group of us throwing a pretty big tailgate, so feel free to stop by!

Edited by 716
Sp

12 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You staying on the boat?  Is it rough waters? 

Yes we are on the boat, but way up St. John’s creek, we are pretty much surrounded by hills and trees, so the water here is pretty much flat, no room for “fetch” to build up, 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I hate that stadium but will be going anyway with my two sons and a good friend who is a Washington fan but not a diehard like my sons and I are with the Bills. I took him to a Bills game in Orchard Park several years ago and he loved it. He is happy for us when the Bills win (tomorrow aside). We'll be in Section 426

I Will be at 426 to. Row 13.

I am praying that the game is not suspended or delayed because at 9 pm I travel to NYC and from there back to Argentina

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

You're correct. We're taking the Metro in from Springfield. Our final stop is about 9/10 of a mile from CrapEx Field. I did the same several years ago for a Bills preseason game there. The walk wasn't bad but it was a beautiful day. Tomorrow may be a different story.

Some smart kids could set up a type of shuttle say get a pull behind seat setup for ebike then offer rides for a few bucks.  They make a killing 

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

We're right there...Row 11. 😎

I AM going to Dress a maid of mist blue poncho! 

My English is "no bueno" soy sorry in avance hahaha

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Are you free to drive him to Argentina if he misses his flight? We are, like, good neighbors and all that, after all. 

I prefer the one who have the jet drove me Home if can chose....

2 minutes ago, Gonzonzo said:

Beggars can’t be choosers, as my mother liked to say. Be glad you are not sharing a bicycle. 😋

The Maid of the Mist poncho is a classic, by the way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Go Bills!! 

Robber barons gonna robber baron 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I look on Googlemaps, it appears to be a little bit less than a mile.  It's been a while since I've been to a game there, but as I recall the tailgating in the main lots sucks.  Some of the perimeter lots, which are corporate parking lots, are at least that far from the stadium as well.  So I guess it depends upon how much you're willing to pay.  If money's no matter than yeah, I'd probably pay to park up front too.  

It's definitely not like "home" though.  LOL  

1 hour ago, Gonzonzo said:

I AM going to Dress a maid of mist blue poncho! 

My English is "no bueno" soy sorry in avance hahaha

This is bizarre, but I have been sitting here with my wife watching Aerial Argentina in 4k waiting for the OSU vs ND game. Her sister has been with a guy from Argentina forever. 

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Go Bills!! 

All I know is that since January of 2021, virtually EVERYTHING I buy has gone up in price about 20-50%, and some things even higher. Can't figure out what changed around that time. I imagine football tiks and food costs at big time sporting events got caught up in the same wave. 😉

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.