Takeo Spikes was the legend of the game - and he didn’t like his free seat

Einstein

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

It’s $1 per month for a year.  Why be a cheapskate?

After a year, does price go up? Hard to keep track of subscriptions, a real hassle... Things add up, especially when one forgets...

AND Because that $12 should come out of the ISP cost being spent. Why are they being such cheapskates? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/17/2023 at 7:39 PM, John from Riverside said:

Why couldn’t he be down on the field? That’s where he should’ve been on the sideline

Call me crazy, but I’m betting that he could have been on the sidelines if he asked. 

I don’t know. A dude who’s received millions of dollars from the Bills gets a free luxury suite. 

And he’s whining on social media about it?

To me, a long time Bills fan, Spikes isn’t a legend. He’s one of hundreds of mercenaries who has played for a losing Bills team. 

Just like Kelvin Benjamin, Tim Tuel, etc. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

There isn’t anyone else besides Beane to deal with this alumni vs organization feud?

Alumni are dealt with by subordinates.

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/front-office-roster/

Player Engagement

Mark Carrier Director of Player Engagement

Len Vanden Bos Director of Player Development

Kelsey Harkins Coordinator of Player Services

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

After a year, does price go up? Hard to keep track of subscriptions, a real hassle... Things add up, especially when one forgets...

AND Because that $12 should come out of the ISP cost being spent. Why are they being such cheapskates? 

It’s free if you subscribe to the New York Times, just as an fyi.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm sure he got the same box that any other alumnus got and yet he's the only one to complain.

Bruce Smith called it “embarrassing”. 

I don’t personally agree but just letting you know there was at least 1 other alumnae that didn’t like it.

On 9/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, DeltaDigital said:

I mean, you’re Takeo spikes, just go into a suite where it works for you breh… wth

Right? Who’s going to decline Takeo taking a spot in one of their suites! 

Also, it should be pretty common knowledge they’re building a new stadium as we speak. So the whole thing is kinda silly imo. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Bruce Smith called it “embarrassing”. 

I don’t personally agree but just letting you know there was at least 1 other alumnae that didn’t like it.

Yes, if you read the article, there seems to be a current from Bills alumni that they feel pushed away/ignored by the organization (including members of the AFL Championship worrying they are going to ignore the 60th anniversary next year).  Spikes took it upon himself to publicize it a bit maybe and push the 'issue' to the forefront.  

Its enough where it got people talking about it and Bills executives had to/have to answer questions about it.  

I do think it is a bit of a low blow to be honest.  I do get where they are coming from overall.  Both Bills and Sabres alumni have been pushed to the backburner under this ownership.  Honoring/remembering the past just doesn't seem to be a priority

Edited by May Day 10
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.