DIGGS speaks after Jets loss! Was on Von Millers podcast today! Great Watch!!!

Alphadawg7

Surprised didn’t see anyone post this.  Watched this live and it’s a great watch, highly encourage watching the whole thing.  It’s was done live today, so it covers the Jets game a lot, Josh, moving forward etc.  

Take away is that Diggs is in a great place and him and Von make for both an interesting and fun conversation.  I don’t see signs of trouble here and he seems in great spirits and very open and candid.  Any concerns people had after Monday don’t seem to be there and seems to have Josh’s back.  

Worth the watch, it’s a fun interview!  I’d even say really a must watch, this lets you in with Diggs and puts to bed so much of the nonsense and noise.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 12

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to DIGGS speaks after Jets loss! Was on Von Millers podcast today! Great Watch!!!
5 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Diggs showed great Leadership in that final drive in regulation...He pulled Allen's head out of the sand and helped him make the plays to get that FG.   Leading from the front.   Allen has a lot to learn from Diggs.

Diggs really showed why he is a well deserved captain

• Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As i said in the 2nd thread on this..

This is the closest you'll ever get to him speaking his truth in public.  The man said he likes to poke the bear. He knows what hes doing, but this should put this to bed. Von did the club a huge solid here. Anything else that anyone has to say is chasing ghosts. He said exactly what youd want him to say. Nothing to see here but positives.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

This is the closest you'll ever get to him speaking his truth in public.  The man said he likes to poke the bear. He knows what hes doing, but this should out this to bed. Von did the club a huge solid here. Anything else that anyone has to say is chasing ghosts. He said exactly what youd want him to say. Nothing to see here but positives.

Yeah, totally agree.  I almost out “must watch” in the title because this really lets you into Diggs and where he is really at and puts to bed all the other noise

Edited by Alphadawg7

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, totally agree.  I almost out “must watch” in the title because this really lets you into Diggs and where he is really at and puts to bed all the other noise

Agreed

What bugged me the most,(and this just is what it is as its the world and times) is that how people seem to take nothing burgers and turn it into something for the sake of drama. False narratives are created and could get big enough to create an issue where there wasnt one before. Drama for the sake of drama is silly in sports because we, as a city, generally have a good thing going here. It would be a shame to drive someone out of town for nonsense. Id imagine most players tune stuff like this out, but when this became a national thing - no one would believe what they were telling us. Thats just so much more boring so I suppose I get it. I also dont think the net ramifications are being taken into consideration. Everyone's favorite WR had endless crap talked about him for a few days. People talked themselves into disliking the guy bc they felt slighted in that maybe he didnt like it here. Its a good thing he was immovable so the result was always he cant go anywhere. It always struck me as funny because Steph is a smart dude. He knows this and had to be aware he couldnt move even if he tried to get himself moved. But that didnt stop people from making it a thing. Obviously hindsight makes this an easier criticism,  but the point remains.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

This is the closest you'll ever get to him speaking his truth in public.  The man said he likes to poke the bear. He knows what hes doing, but this should put this to bed. Von did the club a huge solid here. Anything else that anyone has to say is chasing ghosts. He said exactly what youd want him to say. Nothing to see here but positives.

Yes and the podcast also reminded me that while we as fans get to dislike and maybe even detest other teams the players themselves are all employed by the NFL and many have friends all over the league on various teams so the Bills  players while seeing Aaron being carted off a mere 4 plays after his NY debut are gon a take that a bit shellshocked as well as the Jets fans and players were.  I could see Josh not take off full gallop when there was green ahead.  And I'm sure part of that was remembering last year's injury and seeing his bud Aaron go down had him take his  playing  smarter to heart until all of the sudden  he was just playing so badly, that it needs to have some reason behind it.   I'm sure all the players that experienced the Hamlin incident  felt some similar reflections internally on whether the cost in health playing  the game is worth it.   As well first games are always more sloppy as the team builds its cohesion and identity.  Likely start seeing teams be what they can be around 3rd or 4th games as teams gel more.

Edited by AuntieEm

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Our best chance to win a Super Bowl will be with Diggs in our team as a team captain.  Josh best not screw this up and become Kirk 2.0!!  🤣 

I want him nort to become Andrew Luck 2 or any past qb that had problems with too many concussions.  

• Like (+1) 1

Von stays talking about grass lol. Idk why it's so funny. He's passionate,  a grass head some may say

Both seem like they're not worried at all. Love this locker room and core guys are phenomenal,  as good as any team

Also , Vons legs are MASSIVE 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, NewEra said:

For sure.  I mentioned him once before but felt as if I put the jinx on our boy and vowed to never do it again

I went and checked and much like Cam it was injuries the derailed his career. With Josh it’s just the TOs. He passed at a 71% rate for 236 yards and a TD. Not a great day, but pretty good against that defense. So his accuracy is not regressing to 2018 form. He just can’t or won’t play within the offensive structure. You almost wish at this point that you had a preseason game to force him to play an entire game only taking underneath throws. But because the game on Sunday counts Josh will have to just play.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Von stays talking about grass lol. Idk why it's so funny. He's passionate,  a grass head some may say

Both seem like they're not worried at all. Love this locker room and core guys are phenomenal,  as good as any team

You should see Von in the weight room he bench squats a ton 

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I watched a set at Coachella in VIP standing next to Von one time when he was a Bronco.  What blew my mind was how deceptively huge his biceps and legs are.  My friend Denise who wasn’t sober went over and kept grabbing his biceps and taking pics with them haha.  My buddy, and her boyfriend, was dying laughing haha.  She kept saying OMG look at these massive biceps lol.  He was a super nice dude and good sport about it and thought she was funny.  

@Airseven

LMAO vomit emoticon to this interview?  You are comically predictable, soon as I saw the emoticon I was like that is 100% Airseven 😂

Lol, there is just no possible way you are actually a Bills fan.  There is nothing anyone can say or show me that will make me believe you’re an actual fan of this team and not just a troll fan from another team.  

You need new hobbies 😉

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

okay, but what is up with Von's facial grooming?

it looks like he lets one 5-year-old do the left side and a 7-year-old do the right side.

kinda like when your kids buy you an ugly necktie for father's day.   Not only do you have to wear it, but you end up being proud to wear it.

And 14 has been my favorite Bill since the day we signed him, JA17 included.  Mostly because you cant be THAT good at your job without being capable of being that good at other things.  like leadership.   And fwiw, I always believed Diggs in the Diggs vs. Josh drama.  Diggs is not stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I went and checked and much like Cam it was injuries the derailed his career. With Josh it’s just the TOs. He passed at a 71% rate for 236 yards and a TD. Not a great day, but pretty good against that defense. So his accuracy is not regressing to 2018 form. He just can’t or won’t play within the offensive structure. You almost wish at this point that you had a preseason game to force him to play an entire game only taking underneath throws. But because the game on Sunday counts Josh will have to just play.

I just can't comprehend why Josh doesn't see the value of going with a shorter passing game.  It's not like it's going to be forever.  Eventually the deeper routes will be available later.  Just stick to the game plan dude and opportunities to be a cyborg will come. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Jimmy Butler is also notoriously hard on his teammates in practice to get the best out of them.

The TWolves practice story is amazing. I would love to see Diggs do something similar.

For those that dont know, Jimmy Butler showed up late to his first practice back, took himself and the backups vs. The Starters. Guys that werent even going to make the team. AND BEAT THEM. To prove a point to the FO.

He EMBARRASSED the starters. And they all love him even more for it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just can't comprehend why Josh doesn't see the value of going with a shorter passing game.  It's not like it's going to be forever.  Eventually the deeper routes will be available later.  Just stick to the game plan dude and opportunities to be a cyborg will come. 

I think its a combo of Josh and Dorsey.  People have countered that on tape there are guys open short...but that is beside the point.  If the early reads are the deeper routes, Josh may not get through his progressions before attempting a pass before seeing the open short routes.  

IMHO, there needs to be a dedicated effort to attack short and quick strike stuff like KC does.  If we give Josh multiple deeper options he is looking there first and either fires if he sees even a sliver of a window or takes off running if the routes are opening fast enough.  

And when you watch Allen drop back, he isn't very often doing so to attack short and quick.  He is looking for chunks first far too often, and that starts with Dorsey helping limit more of that and create more of a focus on attacking short areas of the field which will then open up easier deep stuff as the game goes on.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its a combo of Josh and Dorsey.  People have countered that on tape there are guys open short...but that is beside the point.  If the early reads are the deeper routes, Josh may not get through his progressions before attempting a pass before seeing the open short routes.  

IMHO, there needs to be a dedicated effort to attack short and quick strike stuff like KC does.  If we give Josh multiple deeper options he is looking there first and either fires if he sees even a sliver of a window or takes off running if the routes are opening fast enough.  

And when you watch Allen drop back, he isn't very often doing so to attack short and quick.  He is looking for chunks first far too often, and that starts with Dorsey helping limit more of that and create more of a focus on attacking short areas of the field which will then open up easier deep stuff as the game goes on.

The issue is that I don't think quick short passes will be the game plan this week. The Raiders have a poor secondary (at least according to PFF's preseason projections) and they may want to attack that.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It is absolutely the combo, the same mentality of never seeing a chance at a deep shot they didnt like, and it being a main part of Dorsey's scheme that if the D gives a certain look pre-snap then you go deep every time.

I'm trying to find the article/interview, but the Dolphins said as much after the playoff game. Paraphrasing "We knew that if we lined up a certain way, it would trigger Josh to throw the low percentage deep ball". The problem for the Dolphins is that he connected on 3-4 of them. The Bengals came out the next week and did the same exact thing, but none of them connected.

Teams were doing that to us before the Dolphins game too.

Opposing teams/defenses absolutely have Dorsey (and Josh) figured out. It's just up to the opposition whether they want to live & die against the deep ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It is absolutely the combo, the same mentality of never seeing a chance at a deep shot they didnt like, and it being a main part of Dorsey's scheme that if the D gives a certain look pre-snap then you go deep every time.

I'm trying to find the article/interview, but the Dolphins said as much after the playoff game. Paraphrasing "We knew that if we lined up a certain way, it would trigger Josh to throw the low percentage deep ball". The problem for the Dolphins is that he connected on 3-4 of them. The Bengals came out the next week and did the same exact thing, but none of them connected.

Teams were doing that to us before the Dolphins game too.

Opposing teams/defenses absolutely have Dorsey (and Josh) figured out. It's just up to the opposition whether they want to live & die against the deep ball.

It was the second half of the GB game that provided the blueprint. You show Josh 1 on 1 man coverage on Diggs or Davis presnap and he'll take that shot almost 100% of the time. And he has problems reading what the safeties are doing because so many of his INTs are safeties jumping routes. The Bills have to becomes less predictable but the time to do that was in offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

If their opinion helps upgraded and using the surface that promotes the fewest additional injuries than they need to keep at it until we don't see all the additional injuries pileup each year.  

What was said about Josh?

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly.  Do this until the defense adjusts, then go crazy.  When up 10, we could have just punted every drive and pinned the Jets deep over and over again.  Game over.  It drive me nuts that we played like we were down 10 and couldn't get Josh's head out of his ass.

15 hours ago, ganesh said:

Diggs showed great Leadership in that final drive in regulation...He pulled Allen's head out of the sand and helped him make the plays to get that FG.   Leading from the front.   Allen has a lot to learn from Diggs.

Let's give Allen a little credit for pulling his own self out of the sand and executing on that 52 yard (10 yard penalty to overcome) drive.

9 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Yes and the podcast also reminded me that while we as fans get to dislike and maybe even detest other teams the players themselves are all employed by the NFL and many have friends all over the league on various teams so the Bills  players while seeing Aaron being carted off a mere 4 plays after his NY debut are gon a take that a bit shellshocked as well as the Jets fans and players were.  I could see Josh not take off full gallop when there was green ahead.  And I'm sure part of that was remembering last year's injury and seeing his bud Aaron go down had him take his  playing  smarter to heart until all of the sudden  he was just playing so badly, that it needs to have some reason behind it.   I'm sure all the players that experienced the Hamlin incident  felt some similar reflections internally on whether the cost in health playing  the game is worth it.   As well first games are always more sloppy as the team builds its cohesion and identity.  Likely start seeing teams be what they can be around 3rd or 4th games as teams gel more.

I mean, in a normal instance Id 100% agree. But this is the same man it took until the 4th qtr to throw a ball away - and im not sure if we ever did get a slide. Like before the half when hes jumping in the air infront of 2 jets.  For what?4th and 8 or 4th and 6? Had he have played smart the rest of the game youd be totally right. Unfortunately he didnt. Which also brings me to my other point. I didnt love what Dorsey did. But, he gave Josh the plan to best the Jets. He just stopped taking the 4-6 yr chunks. We cant judge the OCs plan correctly bc he didnt see the plan executed as intended. He can only call the plays. The Jets bet the game on he wldnt be able to be patient and take the 5 yrd plays for the entirety of the game. They were right and won in part because of it

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You might be on to something and its something I wondered as well. Why not take them out of the game plan to a greater extent?  No more streaks down the side line, "deep" passes are posts, post corners etc and cap at 25-30 yards.  Now they will eventually shell that, but then is when you take the deep shot.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The issue is that I don't think quick short passes will be the game plan this week. The Raiders have a poor secondary (at least according to PFF's preseason projections) and they may want to attack that.

Max Crosby vs Spencer Brown says hi!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

@Airseven

LMAO vomit emoticon to this interview?  You are comically predictable, soon as I saw the emoticon I was like that is 100% Airseven 😂

Lol, there is just no possible way you are actually a Bills fan.  There is nothing anyone can say or show me that will make me believe you’re an actual fan of this team and not just a troll fan from another team.  

You need new hobbies 😉

Incredibly strange person. Did anybody catch when he was going off on Josh’s “pudgy rosy cheeks?” during the game? Absolute weirdo.

There are trolls, and then there are dudes like Steve Buscemi in Happy Gilmore that apply lipstick while maintaining a kill list. Airseven reminds me of the latter.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.