They’ll be fine going forward

appoo

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bengals, no, not if Joey B isn't healthy.

Chiefs also no if they lose Kelce/Jones.

This was full-strength offense, year two Dorsey, and we lost to Zach Wilson lmao.

Go check what week that was dude lmao.

Bills lost to Zach Wilson last year and went 13-3.....

The Jets built a defense to stop Allen and imagine that, they did. 🙄

The defense will be fine, better than fine even.

On offense we don't have a true #2 WR and Allen looks completely lost. Can he pull it together? This is the first moment of doubt I've had since 2019. I wish I could even say it was just a repeat of last year's away Jets game but it was much worse. He has to stop making one bad decision turn into four bad decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Not really. Josh Allen has totally melted down the past 2 games. 

I didn’t really see the bengals game that way but today absolutely was that.  

bengals game he just had no chance…the offensive line was getting whooped right from the snap.  Today there were plays to be made for sure 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The defense will be fine, better than fine even.

On offense we don't have a true #2 WR and Allen looks completely lost. Can he pull it together? This is the first moment of doubt I've had since 2019. I wish I could even say it was just a repeat of last year's away Jets game but it was much worse. He has to stop making one bad decision turn into four bad decisions.

Really wish we wouldve grabbed another top WR. I think there is something to be said for defensive players saying Davis doesnt have a great route tree.

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Was happy with Dorsey’s game calling honestly. Allen ficked this single handedly

No real issues overall but I would’ve liked to seen more running with Harris and Williams 

Throwing 40 plus times is a recipe for disaster against that front and secondary. 

Had a 10 point lead and called plays like we were behind. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I didn’t really see the bengals game that way but today absolutely was that.  

bengals game he just had no chance…the offensive line was getting whooped right from the snap.  Today there were plays to be made for sure 

There were tons of short dump offs to be had vs Bengals and Jets. Allen did it 75% of the time tonight. If he hit every check we would have been up at least 16-6 late in the 3rd instead of 13-6.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Really wish we wouldve grabbed another top WR. I think there is something to be said for defensive players saying Davis doesnt have a great route tree.

I thought I saw Kincaid flash open a bunch of times but Allen never looked at him. I just don't get it.

I said before the season that the Bills did not do enough to add play makers and other teams in the division are adding talent.  Don't be shocked if the Dolpinhs trade for Taylor ,  sorry James Cook is not an everyone down back in this league. If Beane wants to help Allen he goes and gets Taylor. Taylor's cap number this season is only 3-4 mllion.  The Bills need to start surrounding Allen with great young talent,  Taylor is a lights out RB.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I thought I saw Kincaid flash open a bunch of times but Allen never looked at him. I just don't get it.

Off topic but sometimes it is so hard to see because they zoom the damn camera in on the line, and you hardly ever get to see the wrs running their routes and the dbs behind them unless they are super short routes.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

There were tons of short dump offs to be had vs Bengals and Jets. Allen did it 75% of the time tonight. If he hit every check we would have been up at least 16-6 late in the 3rd instead of 13-6.

Tons of checkdowns after 3 bengals shredded the line of scrimmage and had their hands all in the throwing lanes…tonight he was bailing early in the pocket for sure. 

either way I agree with the more important point that he was garbage tonight 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Tons of checkdowns after 3 bengals shredded the line of scrimmage and had their hands all in the throwing lanes…tonight he was bailing early in the pocket for sure. 

either way I agree with the more important point that he was garbage tonight 

Allen needs to read the defense faster and get the ball out. These 2 deep shells means a ton of open outlets. Allen was efficient early then got bored. Boring wins games!

13 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Pullllease!

it was total FUBAR trash!

You had the opposing HOF QB out after 4 plays and your 2nd half reflected a Pee Wee effort!

They we’re 100% TRASH… on every side of the ball and special teams!

TRASH!

Exactly. The Jets basically gave up and the Bills kept saying no don’t give up. We will let you win. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gotta be honest… he looked pretty damn average the first two games of 2021 before having a monster game against Washington in Week 3 and turning ***** around.

I do remember that, he was in a funk against Pittsburgh and Miami then pulled himself out of it before finishing the season as a god

I'll hold onto this as my one glimmer of optimism for the rest of the season. Although he looked worse tonight than he has in any game since 2019 IMO. Kind of pulled it together at the end but it was too late.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm really pissed about this game, but you're wrong. The Jets defense never gave up. They kept coming, and Josh couldn't handle that pressure. It's all on him.

The D would have gave up if we scored. That is the problem, we could not score so they said hey let’s win this. 

48 minutes ago, appoo said:

To wit:

Against what might be the best D in the league

- Spencer Brown may played his best game as a pro

- In general they contained Quinnen Williams and the best defensive front in football 

- most of the pressure Josh got, was either coverage or him scrambling into it 

- The Bills pass rush was phenomenal 

- In general the Bills secondary was about as good as you’d want 

- 47 is GOOD good

- Bills WRs had a decent game against a real good secondary 

- Cook had some successs against an elite front 

So Allen at time played worse than Zach Wilson out there. There is absolutely no way Allen is going to play that poorly again this season. Just not gonna happen

If Allen even has an average game with just 2 TOs, bills win this by 2 scores 

Agree with alot of your points

Not enough people talking about how Allen made his line look bad tonight. Spencer had bone head plays, but Josh made browns and the rest of the O lines life hell tonight.

I'd say overall I actually really liked what I saw from the rest of the team at times. It's just unfortunate Josh had a horrendous game and gave the jets a win on a silver platter. Hopefully we don't see it again.

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Agree with alot of your points

Not enough people talking about how Allen made his line look bad tonight. Spencer had bone head plays, but Josh made browns and the rest of the O lines life hell tonight.

I'd say overall I actually really liked what I saw from the rest of the team at times. It's just unfortunate Josh had a horrendous game and gave the jets a win on a silver platter. Hopefully we don't see it again.

Where in NorCal you at? I’m in Sac

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dorsey sucked tonight but I don’t dislike him…Unfortunately I think Josh needs a veteran OC or HC who’s been around the block and not a couple of first timers reeling him in… 

What would have you have hid him do differently? The bills punted just twice I think? And Allen was responsible I think for 4 of the sacks he took

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

They are legitimately not going to be fine with a QB getting worse every single week.  Especially when he's a highly paid QB.

We are looking at a Broncos-type season if Allen doesn't wake the ***** up.

Do you really think that that’s going to happen in Josh Allen had a bad game do you expect him to have those type of games going forward he hasn’t shown the propensity for doing that

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really think that that’s going to happen in Josh Allen had a bad game do you expect him to have those type of games going forward he hasn’t shown the propensity for doing that

He has been bad to mediocre since week 14 of 2022.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Dude, come on man
Acting like Josh Allen is not going to be a great QB. This year is making you look stupid.

It’s last season and this season actually. You can look at the numbers John. We are steadily marching away from “MVP candidate Josh Allen” performances.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

It’s last season and this season actually. You can look at the numbers John. We are steadily marching away from “MVP candidate Josh Allen” performances.

He's definitely regressed; I do think Dorsey and Daboll are related.  Josh misses Daboll who was a much better OC than Dorsey, and seems to have had some sort of special relationship with Josh keeping him on the rails.  That seems missing now.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's definitely regressed; I do think Dorsey and Daboll are related.  Josh misses Daboll who was a much better OC than Dorsey, and seems to have had some sort of special relationship with Josh keeping him on the rails.  That seems missing now.

Dorsey and Josh are too alike IMO. Too emotional and in the moment. I imagine Daboll was a calming influence who brought a sense of logic to proceedings. Now, if one emotion sets in, it escalates rather than everything remaining calm and settled. It’s why we see Josh double down on a mistake. Maybe I’m being unfair but I can imagine Josh beating himself up, Dorsey stressing in his ear about the consequences and everything snowballing as both over-complicate matters in a desperate attempt to make amends. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.