2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, RyanC883 said:

typical Bills blown game.  

1.  Bad coaching.  

2.  JA awful (can he throw to anyone but Diggs on mid range routes?)

3.  Awful officiating in 4th and missed call in OT—but McD will say nothing and change nothing about the game. 

Officials had ZERO to do with this loss.  Seriously.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Diggs lined up on Sauce Gardner's side until the final drive from what I could see.  Why would they intentionally do that when they could line Diggs anywhere, and had all Summer to game plan for this?  Somehow Troy Aikman knew that Gardner doesn't follow the #1 WR to the offensive left side or slot, but the game plan didn't move Diggs away from him till the end?  What am I missing here?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MPT said:

The first two were just punts. The third was a desperate pass on a called low percentage out route. The fumble was just a result of what happens when you give your QB impossible tasks for 3 hours straight.

True, but those impossible tasks are exactly what I think hinders him from become a more mature QB. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If we would have lost with Rodgers playing, fine. This loss is inexcusable and frankly embarrassing. Sure you can throw the "it's week 1" crud out there...but 4th play of the game Rodgers goes out and ALL the air is out of that stadium. Buffalo kept them in the game. Josh looked awful. Literally worst case scenario way to open the season without it being injury related for the Bills. Inexcusable.

Yeah, I need sleep, have a headache now, and don't know what to think.  I thought that our offense would be a lot more creative, but again, the opponent out-adjusted us at the half.  I'm incredibly disappointed in our offense, Allen of course, but also the lack of creativity in the 2nd half.  ... or OT with the game on the line for that matter.  

For me it's not so much the loss per se, but just as with the playoffs, it's how we lose.  

And let's face it, our D played well OK, but the Jets' OL isn't good, bottom 10 for sure.  And way too many big plays by a Zach Wilson led O.  

I thought we'd blow them out after Rodgers went out.  SMH  

This one's going to hurt our chances in the division, and given that it was Wilson, not Rodgers, it'll end up having been one of the worse offenses on our schedule.  

Allen just didnt look focused at all.   Maybe there is something to his prep work after all.  

McD was telling him to use his head but Josh just wasn’t capable.   All totally preventable errors, but he was playing like we needed to win by 21 or it wouldn’t count.   So stupid. 

he better apologize to the fans and city of Buffalo for that craptastic effort

i expect a detailed plan of what they are doing to fix it!

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

That series in overtime couldn’t have been worse.

false start

poor throw / poor drop by knox

draw play - WTF!!!!!!

poor throw by Allen

Bills deserved to lose. Diggs is the only player I trust on this team right now. 

Diggs had a huge penalty in a critical moment.

its week 1 and not time for absolutes.  Week 1's are always crazy.

My only gripe is I want them to get big and physical with a lead in the fourth quarter.  Just line up and run it.  play with some power.  All passing games can be slowed down.

My optimistic take:

We've tried the whole "tear through the league in Sept. & Oct., then fizzle out" thing.

Maybe we learned some lessons tonight.  If Allen didn't have that kind of game, we win easy - the D looked good, Kincaid looked good, there were a lot of positives outside of JA.

We can hopefully string together a couple of wins against sub-par teams now, and see where we really stand when Miami comes to town.

Nobody needs to say anything positive here. Losing this game with Arron Rodgers out is a ***** disgrace. You had a 10 point lead on Zach Wilson and lost. I don’t wanna hear a single thing about the Raiders. This ***** is embarrassing and a disgrace. There’s no room for anyone to come in and try and spin it. There are real issues here. They shouldn’t have ever, ever been 1 play away

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

A loss will do this team some good.  

And we told you Ken Dorsey sucks.  Maybe you all will listen this time?

I'm starting to wonder if Allen is slightly overrated. 

He is a turnover machine, perhaps struggles to read coverages, and can't win an overtime game. 0- 5. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.