P*triots place projected starting RT Riley Reiff on IR

Punching Bag

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38329288/patriots-place-projected-starting-rt-riley-reiff-ir

The New England Patriots placed veteran offensive lineman Riley Reiff, a projected starter, on injured reserve Monday.

Reiff, who had his right leg/knee rolled up on in the team's preseason finale Aug. 25, was a top candidate to be the team's No. 1 right tackle. Being placed on injured reserve means Reiff will miss at least the first four games of the season.

Injuries, illness and inconsistency along the offensive line has been one of the top storylines of Patriots camp, which led the team to keep an NFL-high 11 offensive linemen on its initial 53-man roster.

Cheats may need to use extra lineman to protect Mac Jones who was hit a lot during preseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Man I am truly the kiss of death lol. I was just on Reddit defending the pats(yuck) from jets and dolphins fans dunking on them and I was like ‘they have the best oline in the division and they dumped the bum Matt Patricia so I wouldn’t write them off yet’

this is going to be a weird year for me…I’d much rather see the jets and dolphins grab that last in the division spot than the pats.  Never would’ve thought that could happen 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Man I am truly the kiss of death lol. I was just on Reddit defending the pats(yuck) from jets and dolphins fans dunking on them and I was like ‘they have the best oline in the division and they dumped the bum Matt Patricia so I wouldn’t write them off yet’

this is going to be a weird year for me…I’d much rather see the jets and dolphins grab that last in the division spot than the pats.  Never would’ve thought that could happen 

I know the Jets and the Dolphins are currently obnoxious but lets not forget how nice it'd be for the Pats to be last.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Just here to remind everyone that without the best QB in NFL history, Belichick has a losing record as a head coach. This could be his last year

He went to the playoffs with Mac Jones and sh*t roster. They're a tough out every season by default simply because Bill Belichicknid their coach, no matter how bad the players are.

GOAT

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

He went to the playoffs with Mac Jones and sh*t roster. They're a tough out every season by default simply because Bill Belichicknid their coach, no matter how bad the players are.

GOAT

So without the best QB in NFL history he can maybe get your team into the playoffs and then get blown out because they didn't belong. So he's as good of a coach as Marvin Lewis

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38329288/patriots-place-projected-starting-rt-riley-reiff-ir

Cheats may need to use extra lineman to protect Mac Jones who was hit a lot during preseason.

Lol first Jones barely played in the preseason..  (so wasn’t hit a lot that be Zappe who got hit like a pinyata) second Reiff had been moved to guard because he had been so horrid at tackle. 

there is a reason they made 2 trades for OT because outside of inconsistent Brown the RT was a turn style in the preseason. 

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Just here to remind everyone that without the best QB in NFL history, Belichick has a losing record as a head coach. This could be his last year

So if you remove 20 years of his career in which they won 17 division titles, went to 10 Super Bowls and won 6 championships, he’s slightly below .500?  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So without the best QB in NFL history he can maybe get your team into the playoffs and then get blown out because they didn't belong. So he's as good of a coach as Marvin Lewis

With the best QB in the NFL McDermott can get the bills to the divisional round of the playoffs. No person with more than two working brain cells thinks the Bills have a head coaching advantage over the patriots 

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

With the best QB in the NFL McDermott can get the bills to the divisional round of the playoffs. No person with more than two working brain cells thinks the Bills have a head coaching advantage over the patriots 

Allen isn't even the best QB in the AFC East let alone best in the NFL

Brady was best OF ALL TIME and up there for greatest athlete in any sport ever with Jordan 

• Vomit 1

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Allen isn't even the best QB in the AFC East let alone best in the NFL

Brady was best OF ALL TIME and up there for greatest athlete in any sport ever with Jordan 

So by your logic, Shula must have been a crappy coach since he couldn’t even win 1 SB with a top 5 QB of all time in Marino.

also Allen is the best QB in the East, old man Rogers is the second best followed by Tua and Jones.. in the NFL it’s Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen (with Hurt coming up fast)

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

This again---hot take alert!!!

He took over a 3-13 Browns team ranked 25th in points allowed and got them to 11-5, #1 D in points allowed and won a playoff game with Vinny Testaverde. He got there again with Mac Jones--a guy no one would have predicted would help get them there.

The Manning led Colts went 1 and done 7 times---they didn't belong either, right?   Good call.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.