Barkley To IR

wettlaufer

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

This is unexpected if they kept him on the 53 until tomorrow, they could’ve in two days placed on IR and only out for four weeks.  They may be moving on from him and are looking to add a depth or development guy on the PS.

Yep.  It's looking like he will eventually get an injury settlement and cut while another QB goes to the PS.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, wettlaufer said:

Just saw on Twitter and a number of different sites Matt Barkey is done for the year, going to IR.

IR does not mean done for year.  There is short term and long term IR.

Buffalo will put QB Matt Barkley on injured reserve to begin the season, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. Barkley suffered an injury to his elbow late in the team’s 27-15 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on August 19. It clears the way for Kyle Allen to be the team’s backup quarterback.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Short term requires the guy to have made the final 53 on paper, after which the team IRs him and can sign someone else. IRing him before means he’s out for the season or if given an injury settlement he can sign with another team but not the Bills.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Buffalo will put QB Matt Barkley on injured reserve to begin the season, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. Barkley suffered an injury to his elbow late in the team’s 27-15 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on August 19. It clears the way for Kyle Allen to be the team’s backup quarterback.

Buddy.  Your premise is only true if he is placed on IR in two days, but today is on the active roster.  Sal must have explained this on the morning and extra point shows a dozen times.  If they wait it’s as low as four weeks.  If done now, it’s the year.

2 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Short term requires the guy to have made the final 53 on paper, after which the team IRs him and can sign someone else. IRing him before means he’s out for the season or if given an injury settlement he can sign with another team but not the Bills.

It can be with the Bills, but three weeks after injury settlement ends.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

What is Berkley's injury?

Throwing elbow

Unclear if he was injured during the Steelers game where he stunk up the joint, or whether he stunk up the joint because he went into the game with an injury

Bills QB Suffers Elbow Injury Amid Disastrous Preseason Performance | Heavy.com

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Correct.  He HAS to make the 53 today, and then in two days can go on IR.  People here state it s was reported he was placed on IR.  Someone is not being clear. This isn’t to be argumentative, but my statements are factually accurate.

I'm not a heavy betting man anymore BUT I will bet some good money that Matt Barkley will not be kept on the 53 today, put on IR in the

hopes he can come back and go to the PS.  No injured player can be cut until they are cleared to play or an injury settlement is agreed to.

I just can't see another player being cut to "save" Matt Barkley.

Just a general reminder, all salaries are guaranteed to players on the opening day 53-man roster.

He sits on IR until he heals and then cut OR he goes along with the injury settlement (most likely).

He's listed on the 53 man roster as of the Bills' official release just before 6. So I take it he'll be eligible to return this season (unless there's a settlement). Not informed on these details in general or in this particular situation. Just passing on the news I saw.

44 minutes ago, wettlaufer said:

Just saw on Twitter and a number of different sites Matt Barkey is done for the year, going to IR.

Makes sense, at his age Bark doesn’t offer much to the field, his best service is off it and he can still do that on IR. 

Find a guy who they can develop to take the #2 job over. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This has Peterman written all over it! 

McDermott can’t quit him!

I still can’t get over that Peterman’s career qb rating is 39!!!

24 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Makes sense, at his age Bark doesn’t offer much to the field, his best service is off it and he can still do that on IR. 

Find a guy who they can develop to take the #2 job over. 

Get paid million dollars to be a friend is amazing. I gotta let my friends know the fee went up! 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

So did my ex wife 

So many places to go with that one DJB.  You know I like you so I’ll leave that one alone.

1 hour ago, DonInBuffalo said:

looking at the roster on the Bills site just now,

Barkley is listed in the Injured Reserve section.

Reid Ferguson is not listed.

Shorter is included in the 53.

Apparently tomorrow they will more Shorter to IR and sign Ferguson.

Yeah this is the 2nd year they’ve asked Reid to take one for the team to pay the roster games.  He’s a good soldier.

Im sure Beane calls him into the office.  Beane, “hey Reid, ah..”.  Fergy, “ yeah, yeah, I got it.  Can you at least send me some pizza and wings for this yearly event?”  Sure, Reid.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McDermott can’t quit him!

I still can’t get over that Peterman’s career qb rating is 39!!!

Get paid million dollars to be a friend is amazing. I gotta let my friends know the fee went up! 

39!  It is so amazing and crazy!!!  It is unbelievable!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.