The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

21 minutes ago, Chaos said:

No. This is a thread about Tremaine Edmunds.  For some wierd reason you jumped into trash Jack Campbell (whom I don't give a ***** about one way or the other), and claimed his almost as bad of a rating as Edmunds is because he is not good at pass coverage.  So then I looked up the pass coverage stats, and saw that you had it completely backasswards.  He was good in pass coverage and sucked at other things.  

PFF literally graded him below 50 in coverage. There is a reason for that.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I will just point out that the second worst coverage grade on that list is the guy some Bills fans were adament we had to draft to replace Tremaine. I know, rookie, week 1, vs Chiefs... but those of us who were against the "draft Campbell in the first" or even "trade back and draft him early second" were saying he is gonna be on a steep learning curve in terms of his coverage skills in the NFL. I expect him to get better. I don't ever expect him to the worth the pick the Lions invested.

drafting Campbell would have been a mistake unless he fell to the second Rd and Torrence was not there.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

At the end of the day folks, MLB does not win you championships in the NFL. This isnt 1985. 

1. QB

2. OL

3. DL

4. WR or vertical pass catching TE

QB is a no brainer. My 3 yr old knows this. OL is above all other positions bc of the importance of QB. You give an avg QB plenty of time to throw he’ll

be good; a good QB will be great; and a great QB will be unstoppable. 

Where is MLB (or non-pass rushing LB) on that pecking order? Damn near the bottom. Again, this isn’t 1985. 

I wish Edmunds the best he seems like a great person. Im glad we aren’t wasting precious cap money on him though. 

Well yeah, but if you're serious about a Super Bowl, you already have those 4 requirements. If you don't have a MLB, the aforementioned QB will destroy you in the middle all day long.

• Thank you (+1) 1

For all the talk about Edmunds and his ability to play the pass, he was targeted and abused by the better QB's in this league...mostly because he has poor awareness/instincts.

That was partly why our defense wasn't as good in the playoffs. When we faced the top QB's, their eyes lit up when they saw Edmunds in coverage

16 minutes ago, MPT said:

Well yeah, but if you're serious about a Super Bowl, you already have those 4 requirements. If you don't have a MLB, the aforementioned QB will destroy you in the middle all day long.

edmunds got destroyed by Jordan Love and Aaron Jones. Let’s give Bernard a bit

Just now, FireChans said:

edmunds got destroyed by Jordan Love and Aaron Jones. Let’s give Bernard a bit

Oh I don't have anything against Bernard. I think he has potential. But if he flops then we don't have a chance in hell of winning the SB. That was my point.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Edmunds report update:

Baker was terrified to throw across the middle today. He only threw for 317 yards. If the Scarecrow wasn’t there, he might have had 500.

This has been your weekly update, thanks as always for tuning in.

What a STUD! Can't believe he slipped away from the Bills! 🤣🤣

Just now, DeltaDigital said:

ooo careful, you'll be referred to as racist for pointing this out.  

I don't think so. Although I do think people are too easy on McD around here, I think there actually has been a fair amount of criticism for the resources that have been poured into the D without results when they could've gone to the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He had some good production while he was here he was learning the first season so i wouldn't say it was a wasted draft pick & he was a intricate part of a top 5 defense every season he was here . 

But opinions differ as we all know and although i would agree i don't feel he was all that & a bag of chips or what they thought he would be he wasn't a terrible player while in a Bills uni ! 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.