Is Matt Barkley a better fit than Kyle Allen in this offense?

Tipster19

By early reports Kyle Allen is struggling so far. He’s having trouble just getting the snap off which is worrisome. The collection of skilled position players in this offense rely heavily on timing which happens to be a strength of Barkley’s, he anticipates well and just remembering the effectiveness of the Rams’ The Greatest Show on Turf offense it relied on the timing of the pass. That high flying offense’s players were Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Hakim and even little Ricky Proehl that produced a ton of RAC. I believe that we have these very same components currently on the roster with Cook, Diggs, Davis, Sherfield, Shakir and/or Harty/Isabella. 

When running 12 personnel the TEs would be the beneficiaries of Barkley’s timing/anticipation. If the play begins with unsettledness, which seems to be the issue with K. Allen right now, one could just throw this offensive philosophy right out the window, it just won’t work. I like to think that Barkley does have value when thinking of this offensive scheme and that he’s just not here because he’s Josh’s buddy. Give me a minute to put on my flame ######ant suit before this post gets going. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

that's such a great answer!!

Jessie Palmer once asked Tom Coughlin when he landed the role of the bachelor in The Bachelorette " that he wouldn't do it if Coughlin thought it would hurt the team.

(Paraphrasing)Coughlin responded, son if our success is determined by whether you're on the team we're in a world of *****. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

Seruously, as said before they are both terrible and neither should be suiting up on Sundays in this league. Allen gets a little more slack from me though because he's younger and I already know Barkley is poop. Good guy, but you're in trouble if you need him in a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Barkley will be the backup quarterback.  He is more accurate, knows this offense well, and has the trust of the coaches.

Allen will either be cut, if he does not start playing and  practicing better, or on the practice squad.  Right now it seems the former is going to happen--needs to look competent, and soon.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.