Danielle Hunter is available via trade

SCBills

• SCBills changed the title to Danielle Hunter is available via trade
36 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

This smells like a steelers/browns sorta move 

No way the Steelers make that move after shelling out for that Highsmith kid. Add that to Watt’s contract, the depth in the off-season of Golden and drafting Herbig.

Think Dallas, Jacksonville or Indy could be better shouts for possible destinations. Possibly even Carolina..

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Minnesota is just gonna have Justin Jefferson at 50 million a year and TJ Hockenson at 15 million a year and not much else on the roster in the coming years

Gotta add in Kirk Cousins for 40 million pretty much locking in half their cap for 3 players 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Wasn’t he available last off-season too?

I feel his pain. My wife has made it clear I’d better keep my nose clean or I’LL be on the block! Always an option!  😋

55 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Why would they attempt to trade him now? Post draft and when most teams have very little cap room?

there’s no way to maximize a return making a trade at this time of the year if you are the Vikings.

Yeah, there must be something I don’t know, because I don’t see how this could possibly be the optimal way of handling this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BBFL said:

No way the Steelers make that move after shelling out for that Highsmith kid. Add that to Watt’s contract, the depth in the off-season of Golden and drafting Herbig.

Think Dallas, Jacksonville or Indy could be better shouts for possible destinations. Possibly even Carolina..

Don't rule out Seattle. 

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Maybe.. I think this is his last year unless I missed an extension or they sign him at a later date. 

Next year is a void year at a 29 million dollar hit I bet they rework his deal to extend for a bit longer to avoid the huge hit and have no QB. Likely going to try to draft a QB and groom him behind Cousins for a couple of years.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

Yes, trade him to Jacksonville.

Then we can scoop up Josh Allen when the Jaguars let him walk after this season.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

This smells like a steelers/browns sorta move 

16 hours ago, BBFL said:

Zero chance it would be a Browns move either - unless they have a major injury. The Vikings already traded DE ZaDarius Smith to the Browns this offseason. The Browns are paying him this season, they’re paying Myles Garrett large and they just paid Okoronkwo to be DE3. Really not a fit at all.

*breaking News* Vikings trade star pass rusher Danielle Hunter to the Kansas City Chiefs for a conditional 7th round pick in 2032 draft. Hunter also agrees to take a huge paycut for a chance to play for a Super Bowl. Chiefs will pay him $14k and he has to work the beer tent at halftime. Rich get richer.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.