Hot Diggity!

Beck Water

So, Josh leads with "it's not football related" when the story broke of Diggs leaving OTA's or getting sent home. Diggs ends it with "family matters". Big brother got on little brother's ass and told him he needed to grow up. Something tells me, we will see a more mature Josh Allen this season. He got a little full of himself and his popularity. It can happen to anyone. IMO, Diggs called him out for more than just his play in the Cincy game. We need you. Stay away from female bartenders who aren't your girlfriend. It's a baby mama trap. 

I believe Josh when he says it's not football related.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 3

sounds like McD was genuinely shaken by that conversation with Diggs.    makes sense with how McD responded that day to the media.   

ive had zero issue with Diggs his entire tenure here.   he balls out as hard as he can 24/7.   hes a team leader,   does the dirty work,  and gives a sh!t.   the Bengals playoff loss was so friggen terrible that i felt the same way Diggs apparently did at the time.   

i said it back when it happened,  least it seemed like he cared while the rest of the team looked like they could care less.   cant fault the guy for wanting to win and possibly questioning wtf is happening with the organization.

ill take a guy who is legit passionate about winning,  shows his emotions a bit, over somebody whos just going through the motions to collect his paycheck waiting on the offseason to come.  if he becomes a locker room cancer,  then you show him the door.   highly doubt it comes to that,  Diggs isnt that kind of guy imo.

• Like (+1) 4

One thing that struck me during that press conference was how many times Diggs mentions being frustrated. He also commented on how Allen can be very hard on himself. It got me wondering if that kind of stuff is taking them off their game at times. Maybe trying too hard and adding extra pressure on themselves.

I don't know, just a thought. But If that kind of stuff is creeping in, they just need to let it go and play their game. 

11 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

One thing that struck me during that press conference was how many times Diggs mentions being frustrated. He also commented on how Allen can be very hard on himself. It got me wondering if that kind of stuff is taking them off their game at times. Maybe trying too hard and adding extra pressure on themselves.

I don't know, just a thought. But If that kind of stuff is creeping in, they just need to let it go and play their game. 

Thought the same thing.  

And this was said about Josh before on getting too down - I believe there was a clip of Lee Smith saying something to him on the sidelines along those lines.  You get up when you’re up but you can’t go the opposite way when things aren’t going right.  

Like tries to do too much.  

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Dopey said:

So, Josh leads with "it's not football related" when the story broke of Diggs leaving OTA's or getting sent home. Diggs ends it with "family matters". Big brother got on little brother's ass and told him he needed to grow up. Something tells me, we will see a more mature Josh Allen this season. He got a little full of himself and his popularity. It can happen to anyone. IMO, Diggs called him out for more than just his play in the Cincy game. We need you. Stay away from female bartenders who aren't your girlfriend. It's a baby mama trap. 

I believe Josh when he says it's not football related.

There’s another possibility that McDermott/Allen thought they would put Diggs “in his place” after him showing up Josh with his arms raised in that Bengals game.  It just happened to be the first time they saw each other since Diggs wasn’t at voluntary OTA’s.  It backfired and they realized they effed up.  Just throwing it out their because we’ll never truly know exactly what happened.

• Like (+1) 1

Schoop or the Bulldog (don't listen enough to know which one it was) sounded  pissed off about what Diggs said today. Was disappointed that the press didn't press more.  Only heard a few seconds while driving. That was enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JJGauna said:

I do believe this is truly water under the bridge, for now. It’s time to win a damn Super Bowl!

I think it's water under the bridge if the season goes well. I am not however convinced Diggs will respond well to an extended period of adversity and especially not to another early playoff loss. Nothing he said today makes me feel differently about that worry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

John Wawrow:

🤦‍♂️

(that's the exchange that led to Diggs saying to Wawrow "Just ask the question, please.  Thank you."

Hey I’ll have you know John Warrow was valedictorian of The Ellis Lankster School for Public Oration.

So basically, Stefon Diggs is frustrated that he's getting older and the Bills haven't figured out how to get over the hump in the playoffs.  Completely understandable.  That's exactly how I feel as a fan on the sidelines.

Not sure exactly what was said at the meeting with Beane/McDermott, but for some reason the head coach believed that Diggs needed a day to cool-off and dismissed him from OTA practice.  He then used a poor choice of words at the press conference to explain the absence, and the story blew up way bigger than it should have.

The media had plenty of reason to pursue this story.  But the rampant speculation that many "reporters" dished out... about Diggs being upset with the quarterback, wanting input in the playbook, demanding we sign DeAndre Hopkins, etc., etc., etc.  Those guys should be ashamed of themselves and resign from their jobs.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think it's water under the bridge if the season goes well. I am not however convinced Diggs will respond well to an extended period of adversity and especially not to another early playoff loss. Nothing he said today makes me feel differently about that worry.

And why do you just assume there will be another early playoff loss?  I myself am looking forward to an undefeated season.  There may be a hiccup or 2 along the way and they might lose a close game but until the final whistle I'll always expect the Bilks to win their games.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I think all of us fans can understand exactly where he's coming from.

The stuff that gets under people's skin are the cryptic social media posts & letting speculation brew far too long. Everyone appreciates keeping it in house, but when you post the cryptic messages for millions to see, it inevitably leads to people making their own assumptions.

That just opens the door for teammates & coaches to take on additional heat, and staying silent (or amplifying it with more Tweets) for months, doesn't exactly scream "keeping it in house." 

Anyway, still love the guy, still glad he's a Bill, and still support him 100%

Stefon's frustrations over the way these last 2 seasons ended would be no different than my own (minus the cryptic tweets). We had more than enough talent to win at least 1 SB.  21 ended with terrible coaching. 22 ended with an emotionally exhausted team.  This first window is not staying open forever.

• Like (+1) 3

Diggs wants a Super Bowl ring, badly. He hates losing. Nothing wrong with that. 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Stefon's frustrations over the way these last 2 seasons ended would be no different than my own (minus the cryptic tweets). We had more than enough talent to win at least 1 SB.  21 ended with terrible coaching. 22 ended with an emotionally exhausted team.  This first window is not staying open forever.

Why do people say that Mahomes could win many more Super Bowls, and that the Bills window is closing? As long as they have Josh Allen, the window is open.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I’m guessing most fans, myself included, won’t respond well to those events either. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.