Hot Diggity!

Beck Water

There's a video out there with Josh describing a situation where he and his younger brother had a heated exchange during a basketball scrimmage, ending with Josh's brother throwing a punch and giving him a black eye then Josh driving off and stranding his brother at their highschool.  His mom freaked out and called her oldest daughter: "Oh, they'll be fine.  They're best friends.  They'll hug it out."

When you're an uber competitive alpha male, evidently brotherhood looks a bit...Different.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Of course, this won't get reported on or talked about outside of Buffalo.

You can't go to a national Bills article or hear them talked about on TV or podcasts without hearing about how the "Diggs issue" is going to set the Bills back this year.

• Like (+1) 4

Sounds like Diggs was upfront and honest and said everything that needed to be said. The guy just wants to win, he wants to be the best WR in the league, hard not to admire. When things go foul it’s easy to lose your cool no matter who you are. He is human and a fierce competitor who has busted ass to get where he is.

I do believe this is truly water under the bridge, for now. It’s time to win a damn Super Bowl!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don't have time right now to watch the 20-minute press conference.

Sal's snippets sound very encouraging, especially as Stef was totally "transparent."

Can anyone here offer a quick thought on whether this is truly closure and that we can feel like Stef is happy to be a Bill and play with Josh? I think the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear someone here who watched the whole thing say it.

Cheers.

I thought it was a great discussion, seems very genuine that that's what went down but I still don't understand Sean McDermott's comments about being "very concerned", if he has an open door policy then those comments just don't add up but i liked everything Diggs had talked about, I think it's 1 of those love/hate relationships with him but that's just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

I think all of us fans can understand exactly where he's coming from.

The stuff that gets under people's skin are the cryptic social media posts & letting speculation brew far too long. Everyone appreciates keeping it in house, but when you post the cryptic messages for millions to see, it inevitably leads to people making their own assumptions.

That just opens the door for teammates & coaches to take on additional heat, and staying silent (or amplifying it with more Tweets) for months, doesn't exactly scream "keeping it in house." 

Anyway, still love the guy, still glad he's a Bill, and still support him 100%

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I thought it was a great discussion, seems very genuine that that's what went down but I still don't understand Sean McDermott's comments about being "very concerned", if he has an open door policy then those comments just don't add up but i liked everything Diggs had talked about, I think it's 1 of those love/hate relationships with him but that's just my opinion.

In hindsight and from a place of calmness, McDermott's comments did a lot to raise concern.

My guess is that McDermott was right off the heels of a heated convo that didn't go too well from his POV and was speaking from the heart.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

after this my read is diggs said some things that mcdermott took offense to, sent him home, and then went in front of the media and lost his head w the 'very concerned' line

bad look

I wouldn't bet the farm that the script didn't go the other way  - that McD said some things that Diggs took offense to and Diggs left in a snit, leaving McD concerned.

In reality, I imagine it went both ways

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I wouldn't bet the farm that the script didn't go the other way  - that McD said some things that Diggs took offense to and Diggs left in a snit, leaving McD concerned.

In reality, I imagine it went both ways

Why would McDermott be picking a fight w Diggs first day of minicamp after not having seen each other all summer

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Why would McDermott be picking a fight w Diggs first day of minicamp after not having seen each other all summer

It sounds like Diggs was still pretty upset about the way last year ended. Do you think it’s impossible he wasn’t on his best behavior?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

It sounds like Diggs was still pretty upset about the way last year ended. Do you think it’s impossible he wasn’t on his best behavior?

do you think its within the reasonable scope of being HC to be able to diffuse a pretty upset wideout w out causing a national media frenzy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think McDermott would be "picking a fight" but let's flip the question.

The last time McDermott saw Diggs, he was seen screaming at Josh Allen on the sideline then rushing down the tunnel before McDermott addressed the team and having to be hauled back by a PS RB. 

Do you honestly feel that's behavior McDermott wouldn't feel the need to address with a player?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Don't have time right now to watch the 20-minute press conference.

Sal's snippets sound very encouraging, especially as Stef was totally "transparent."

Can anyone here offer a quick thought on whether this is truly closure and that we can feel like Stef is happy to be a Bill and play with Josh? I think the answer is yes, but I'd like to hear someone here who watched the whole thing say it.

Cheers.

His press conference was very refreshing.  Diggs was genuine and very straightforward and honest in his interactions with the press.  He's been painted in a negative light with people making all kinds of inferences.   It was a non-issue really.  He hated the way the Bills lost last year to Cinci and, because McD has an open door policy, he wanted to talk about it.  That's all it was.  He said it is now "water under the bridge."

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

do you think its within the reasonable scope of being HC to be able to diffuse a pretty upset wideout w out causing a national media frenzy

Sure but I do so much enjoy your hand-waving of Digg’s probable bad behavior. 

As we all know, McD has a long history of stirring up media frenzies. Oh wait, no, that’s the other guy lmao.

Sure but I do so much enjoy your hand-waving of Digg’s probable bad behavior. 

As we all know, McD has a long history of stirring up media frenzies. Oh wait, no, that’s the other guy lmao.

One guy's job is to catch TDs, the other guy's job is to keep the team under control

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We were all upset about the way we lost in the playoffs last year!  Why is anyone surprised at this?  It looked like half the team didn't want to be there and weren't putting out maximum effort.  If that is what bothered Diggs, then good for him!  

As to McD's comment about being "concerned, " sometimes McD speaks globally...i.e. he's always concerned about all his players.  In this case, he should have said nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

We were all upset about the way we lost in the playoffs last year!  Why is anyone surprised at this?  It looked like half the team didn't want to be there and weren't putting out maximum effort.  If that is what bothered Diggs, then good for him!  

As to McD's comment about being "concerned, " sometimes McD speaks globally...i.e. he's always concerned about all his players.  In this case, he should have said nothing.

Because there’s a big difference between being upset to the point of counter-productivity in the moment vs at the start of a new season?

Because there’s a big difference between being upset to the point of counter-productivity in the moment vs at the start of a new season?

I see your point, but this was the first time Diggs got to address it with McD since the season ended.  He got away from football and focused on another one of his passions...fashion.  I think addressing it straightaway, he was able to process his thoughts with McD and perhaps see if there were any points of agreement or if he was coming from left field.  He got the conversation out of the way and moved on.  As Diggs said, "it's water under the bridge."

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Is the job of a captain to just catch TD’s or is it more than that lol

Definitely more than that, I am not saying Diggs is blameless here

I'm just saying there was a very easy way of keeping this in house and it was completely available to McDermott

• Like (+1) 1

He said the EXACT SAME THINGS on the Rich Eisen shown in January. 

He was angry then that the Bills lost again in the Playoffs, and this time they were embarrassed. 

Talked then about how it was eating at him that they couldn't win the big one. 

Angry at the whole thing, the first AFCCG, 13-seconds, the offense sputtering down the stretch, the lack of any urgency on the team's part in January. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I'm just saying there was a very easy way of keeping this in house and it was completely available to McDermott

Well, now you’re not. I would have bet HEAVY that Diggs was THE instigator. And you’re right, they probably got heated and McD should have kept his mouth shut after. 

But if Diggs is over it and McD is over it, then I’m over it too. 

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I see your point, but this was the first time Diggs got to address it with McD since the season ended.  He got away from football and focused on another one of his passions...fashion.  I think addressing it straightaway, he was able to process his thoughts with McD and perhaps see if there were any points of agreement or if he was coming from left field.  He got the conversation out of the way and moved on.  As Diggs said, "it's water under the bridge."

Diggs could have not waited til TC to talk to McD lmao. Was his phone broke?

Just now, FireChans said:

Well, now you’re not. I would have bet HEAVY that Diggs was THE instigator. And you’re right, they probably got heated and McD should have kept his mouth shut after. 

But if Diggs is over it and McD is over it, then I’m over it too. 

Diggs could have not waited til TC to talk to McD lmao. Was his phone broke?

He didn't wait until training camp.  It was OTA's.  He likely wanted a face-to-face meeting as he knew he would likely get emotional.

We need to remember that the question to Sean was phrased in such a manner as to assert there was definitely a level of concern. "How concerned are you a player is missing from minicamp?" Sean is fresh off a high-emotion discussion, his options to answer are basically "very" and "a little" and "not," the only one that wouldn't have caused a shitstorm was also not true. You guys and everyone else made it into an obscene deal compared to what it was, even if it was true that Sean was very concerned. Everything is hyper-online now and it drives and amplifies phenomena like that

I wasn't sure what to expect from Diggs but the interview was cathartic. This is a team that is locked and loaded. I can now mentally move past the shitshow that was Bills football from Jan 2 through the offseason and I've never been more pumped for the next one than I am right now 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Who cares? You? 

Fans like yourself took this out of context.  Even after Josh, Von, others answered questions after practice and told everyone it's not a big deal.

Diggs saying the same thing...that ppl reading into it and making way too many assumptions/guesses at what's happening. 

Not sure why you feel the need to call out Coach...he can handle how he likes...he can't control what reaction you have nor should he.  This has been a nothing burger since the beginning

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Who cares? You? 

Fans like yourself took this out of context.  Even after Josh, Von, others answered questions after practice and told everyone it's not a big deal.

Diggs saying the same thing...that ppl reading into it and making way too many assumptions/guesses at what's happening. 

Not sure why you feel the need to call out Coach...he can handle how he likes...he can't control what reaction you have nor should he.  This has been a nothing burger since the beginning

fans like me lol

god forbid we question 'Coach' 😂😂

fans like me lol

god forbid we question 'Coach' 😂😂

Lol yes. Seeking drama when nothing is there.

Sorry to categorize you, but not sure why you're still talking about something that's been a non-issue since the start.  Heaven forbid Coach and Diggs have a disagreement and Coach voices concern.  Start worrying when said player skips training camp, misses meaningful time.  Forget when that happened here?  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Lol yes. Seeking drama when nothing is there.

Sorry to categorize you, but not sure why you're still talking about something that's been a non-issue since the start.  Heaven forbid Coach and Diggs have a disagreement and Coach voices concern.  Start worrying when said player skips training camp, misses meaningful time.  Forget when that happened here?  

it's literally the topic of conversation, so not sure why you feel the need to involve yourself if it's not of interest to you

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.