2022 Buffalo Bills Yearbook 9:00 TONIGHT !

TSNBDSC

38 minutes ago, Beast said:

Though I appreciate letting us all know that is one season I want to forget.

I'm fascinated - how do you feel about the other 60 seasons that we didn't win a championship?  

Do you have any memories of back-to-back 2-14 seasons in 84 & 85?

Personally, I liked winning 13 regular season and 1 post-season game.  Yes we didn't get to the Super Bowl, but I choose to remember the year fondly.

And before you nitpick, I was in attendance for the post-season debacle vs the Bengals.  They sucked

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, mushypeaches said:

I'm fascinated - how do you feel about the other 60 seasons that we didn't win a championship?  

Personally, I liked winning 13 regular season and 1 post-season game.  Yes we didn't get to the Super Bowl, but I choose to remember the year fondly.

And before you nitpick, I was in attendance for the post-season debacle vs the Bengals.  They sucked

I can’t imagine how dull that must’ve felt walking away from that stadium 

Just now, mushypeaches said:

I am speaking of the many injuries, the near death of Damar Hamlin and the clear mental exhaustion the team suffered after.

Are you still fascinated?

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Beast said:

The weirdest thing about last season was that there was a point where we won 8 games in a row, yet still qualitatively looked mediocre. There was a lack of energy for most of the season that culminated in the Bengals playoff loss.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

It's still better than the drought years, where we'd get 4-5 minutes of highlights, then 20 minutes of how the new draft picks, trades, signings and coaching staff were shining stars in what was sure to be a great new Bills team.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The weirdest thing about last season was that there was a point where we won 8 games in a row, yet still qualitatively looked mediocre. There was a lack of energy for most of the season that culminated in the Bengals playoff loss.

Pretty lackluster schedule after a tough start.  Browns, Lions, Bears, Pats (twice), Jets, and Fish (twice).  We don't know for sure if we'd have lost that Bengals MNF game but the way their offense was moving against our depleted secondary I don't see us likely winning that game.

On 7/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, Beast said:

I much rather forget 21. We should have won it all. I think the injuries and Hamlin situation just caught up to us. Whole team was flat. We were 14 3 prior , could have been undefeated if not for some fluke plays

Kim, Damar, Dawson Knox Brother and Murphy combined with major injuries (or scary or poor recovery of),Von Milller, Tre White, Dane Jackson, Hyde and Poyer...

And then the utter collapse in the playoffs.

Its a season i want to forget.  And im sure im missing more things...Sure i can be happy with the overall record....but meh...what a horrible tragic year.

On 7/20/2023 at 7:18 PM, mushypeaches said:

Yeah we get it!  You--and tons of other folks here--are perfectly happy with failure.

It's the Buffalo way!  Rationalize it from now til doomsday!  

There's nothing wrong with getting greedy and comparing your franchise to the BEST in the league, not the WORST.

I just want ONE CHAMPIONSHIP before I die.  Been saying that for at least 15 years now.

I'm 0 for 100+ years on that note when it comes to my Bills and Sabres combined.

Just one before I die! 

• Vomit 1

• TSNBDSC changed the title to 2022 Buffalo Bills Yearbook TONIGHT !
On 7/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, Beast said:

Not me. It was an incredible and unbelievable season.  Of course we didn’t win the Super Bowl, but what we overcame ALL SEASON to post 14 wins is nearly other-worldly. Heart attack that nearly took the life of our beloved owner. Heart attack that nearly took the life of our starting Safety right on the field. The community having to pitch in and dig out the players from their homes to play a game we had to surrender a Home Game to play. Season ending injuries to our new super player edge rusher and great Free Safety. Not being able to get home for Christmas morning from Chicago. These were mixed in with last minute losses and victories in a 14 win campaign. The ONLY way it could have been better would be to win it all.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I much rather forget 21. We should have won it all. I think the injuries and Hamlin situation just caught up to us. Whole team was flat. We were 14 3 prior , could have been undefeated if not for some fluke plays

Both 21 & 22 had great enough rosters to not only make it to a SB but finally win one. And to lose the way we did both seasons felt just as crappy as a 2-14 season. What I'm fascinated at is how more fans have now just accepted good regular seasons as the goal.  The generation of participation trophies is here.

On 7/20/2023 at 7:30 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I think you have to view those ‘mediocre’ wins as having a team decimated by injuries, yet still managing to get the ‘W’. That’s all that matters in the end. Nobody’s getting handed a trophy for biggest point differential. 
I won’t bother researching it for the sake of this post, but I’d bet that many of the teams that we historically remember as dominant actually had a lot of close games on their way to winning championships. 

You'll see it again this year. McDermott is wearing thin on the team.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

• TSNBDSC changed the title to 2022 Buffalo Bills Yearbook 9:00 TONIGHT !
1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s good, but could have been much better. Too little focus on the multitude of challenges faced, too much time spent on players no longer on the team.

These things always feel the same to me every year.  They were much better in the old NFL Films days. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

These things always feel the same to me every year.  They were much better in the old NFL Films days. 

The production isn't that much different from the old days.  We just have so much access now through other mediums that they seem stale.

I must just view the world differently than a lot of people.  Last season was full of wonderful moments:  opening night blowout at LA, trashing the Oilers in the home opener, beating KC (again) on the road to name a few.  The two kickoff return TDs in the Pats*** game…what was better than that?

The season ended poorly and the team faced unprecedented challenges, but it was a hell of a season.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The production isn't that much different from the old days.  We just have so much access now through other mediums that they seem stale.

I disagree.  The old ones had much more heart and soul to them, the new ones feel like the same old cookie cutter stories year after year.

Watch this when you get a chance and then come back and tell me the production of these aren't that much different

• Thank you (+1) 2

The season was a wild ride. On the positive side 13-3 with a division title and a playoff win. But the season was hellish on the team from many perspectives ending with a blowout playoff loss that exposed a mentally exhausted team with some flaws. It was a wild season of ups and downs, but hopefully, this team can finally get over the hump in 2023 learning from the past roster construction and getting some luck. 

This.  

Just a very strange year.  

The injuries were massive, positional groups one by one became decimated and everything on offense looked so much harder than KC or CIN, despite similar regular season results. 

Losing an All-Pro Safety and All-Pro Defensive End for the year was hard enough to overcome, let alone the few days where we worried Allen was out for the season. 

I was at the Rams game, and many of us left that game (foolishly) wondering if this team could go undefeated.  

As the season went on, injuries piled up, and the offense became big play or bust, I think many of started wondering, not if, but when, the season would go off the rails. 

Id say we all are too hard on our team, and I think for some of us that’s true.. but sentiment shifted in the media as well… Slowly but surely, KC & CIN passed us in the eyes of the media (along with nonsense hot takes about the Fins), and we all wanted to fight it but most of us knew, deep down, this team didn’t have it.  

Ever since the bye… the team just seemed lost.  And everyone could tell.  We just denied it until it came crumbling down in the Divisional Round.  Waiting for them to hit the gas, but they were clearly running on empty after MNF in CIN. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

On 7/20/2023 at 7:18 PM, mushypeaches said:

I agree with you I don't like the ending to last year but I'm thinking they learned a lot about themselves and they were dealt a bad hand but I'm expecting we got a rare outlier in Kincaid.  He will be a frontrunner from the get go for ORoY.   The fact that he just clicks with Josh and Dawson --  I expect them to dress up as the 3 amigos if there is a ssbres game on Halloween this year.  It's just so nice to have some size with talent as receiving positions, wr and te.  Keeping our opponents looking for help to withstand the bombardment they will face.   

I just don't even believe we have seen Josh such his ceiling yet think there's still  a lot he's gonna show fans. While Diggs doesn't think he could call a game to save his life as a receiver his focus wasn't on strategy in that sense.  Josh as a QB has always had that as part of the process of learning to be the QB.  One reason he flourished with Daboll is they were able to relate on those types of details.  I think he has that communication with Dorsey though last year itwas hard to add new wrinkles on top of dealing with the limitations on some short throws due to injury.  

Was this the first year Allen went to throw at TE University? What better reps can you get working on 12 personnel concepts San smack dab in the company of the best tes playing in the game today that want to raise the skills of promising and coachable young players who want to learn from them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.