Your HC choice in SB game

Italian Bills

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Urban Myer 

(oh wait, my dementia reminder that McClappy is not a straight up dumpster fire!!)

What’s sad is that urban meyer would probably coach this team to a Super Bowl victory 

• Vomit 1

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

what makes you think this? 

His propensity to run the ball too much has changed. He has been better at time management. He is always talking about things that the team can do better, including him as a coach. It's his job. Just like in my job I am certainly better than I used to be at it. He certainly hasn't regressed. BTW, his handling of the Hamlin situation last year was total class. Not sure many coaches would have allowed themselves to step outside of game mode to say he should be with their team mate like he did. These are moments in time when you absolutely have to make the right decision. He showed his leadership is second to none in that moment. Under pressure, he was spot on. That is leadership.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Rockinon said:

His propensity to run the ball too much has changed. He has been better at time management. He is always talking about things that the team can do better, including him as a coach. It's his job. Just like in my job I am certainly better than I used to be at it. He certainly hasn't regressed. BTW, his handling of the Hamlin situation last year was total class. Not sure many coaches would have allowed themselves to step outside of game mode to say he should be with their team mate like he did. These are moments in time when you absolutely have to make the right decision. He showed his leadership is second to none in that moment. Under pressure, he was spot on. That is leadership.

Agree he provided good leadership on. The Hamlin situation. As did Zac Taylor.  I don’t agree with any of the rest of your assessment 

Belichick.  He knows how to outmaneuver, gameplan specific opponents and make adjustments.  I don't like the guy.  I don't like his running up the scores as part of a temper tantrum after spygate.  I don't like his smug look.  But the man can coach.  He held us to 17 points of offense in XXV after we just put 41 (missed PAT) on the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game.  He mounted the comeback against Atlanta when they were dead to rights.  He found a way to disrupt the Rams offense by making formation changes after the coach/qb helmet feed was turned off each play.  He saw new QBs coming into the East and tried to wreck them before they got their feet under them.  Allen recovered.  Darnold never did.

As a fan, it wouldn't be right.  But objectively, I think he'd be the best for the job.

Edited by The Red King
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/14/2023 at 4:03 AM, NUT said:

Belichick would have already won 2 SB's with Allen, McDermott will win exactly zero.

Let’s be fair here, BB would have made your D better and you would definitely have made it to the SB and not lost to the Chiefs with 17 seconds left…so you definitely gone to 1 SB with him already.. I don’t know if you win it but you get there.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:32 PM, Chaos said:

Agree he provided good leadership on. The Hamlin situation. As did Zac Taylor.  I don’t agree with any of the rest of your assessment 

It's a free country. You can believe what ever you want.

On 6/16/2023 at 7:51 AM, foreboding said:

I'll take the best coach in the game right now. Big Red.

Yeah but what if he eats the team?  I'd be concerned about that.

This land whale grows in size exponentially every year.

r914719_1296x729_16-9.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/15/2023 at 3:50 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Let’s be fair here, BB would have made your D better and you would definitely have made it to the SB and not lost to the Chiefs with 17 seconds left…so you definitely gone to 1 SB with him already.. I don’t know if you win it but you get there.

If 13 seconds hasn't happened and BB was the coach, the Bills would have pummelled the Rams. 

• Agree 1

On 6/16/2023 at 2:16 AM, The Red King said:

Belichick.  He knows how to outmaneuver, gameplan specific opponents and make adjustments.  I don't like the guy.  I don't like his running up the scores as part of a temper tantrum after spygate.  I don't like his smug look.  But the man can coach.  He held us to 17 points of offense in XXV after we just put 41 (missed PAT) on the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game.  He mounted the comeback against Atlanta when they were dead to rights.  He found a way to disrupt the Rams offense by making formation changes after the coach/qb helmet feed was turned off each play.  He saw new QBs coming into the East and tried to wreck them before they got their feet under them.  Allen recovered.  Darnold never did.

As a fan, it wouldn't be right.  But objectively, I think he'd be the best for the job.

I think those small adjustments are the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, ganesh said:
On 6/15/2023 at 4:46 PM, The Red King said:

I think those small adjustments are the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs

YES YES YES 

I have yet to hear ONE example of McD under anything close to same adaptations. Hoodie with 2021-2023 Bills team would scare the crap out of everyone. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

On 6/14/2023 at 1:23 AM, Einstein said:

Belichick.

He’s the greatest to ever coach.

Even now, if you look at the crap he has on that Patriots roster, how he got them to the playoffs in 2021 and close in 2022 is impressive.

Spoken like a true pats fan, bless your heart Einstein, 

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

Bill went to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them with an elite level franchise QB. There isn't another coach in the NFL who is even close to that.

The guy is washed, in NFL terms that was a long time ago. Oh, and by the way he wins none of them without Brady 

Edited by Don Otreply

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.