Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

13 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Like 80% of the posts in this thread? 🤔

A lot of this "he said, she said" is a little much.  No wonder Stef is like "keep on cappin'" because no one really knows anything, but everyone thinks they do! :beer: 

99.9%. Get it right my man!!

this thread is so cringe and posters are just shedding more light on themselves.  🍿 

the last sentence is everything.  But everyone thinks they do

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this is a mess. no wonder mickey was adamant with rocky about staying away from your woman when training for a championship fight.

JA took it to another level of distraction and what may of an

likely was the reason for the polikely was the reason for the poor showing in the divisional round last season.or showing in the divisional round last season.

a real mess that could potentially have a negative affect going forward. the two key, top players on the team, in this mess. you can't shake your head enough and I question if JA is able set aside the girl chasing (did he really get a bartender pregnant while still with his ex gf?) and take the game seriously and you just don't mess with your best friends ex, if that is all true? he needs to put 100% into football for 9 months and take the remaining 3 month to chase the girls if he is serious about winning a championship. I believe he has it in him but as mickey said, women weaken your legs. on the other hand I can see Diggs frustration, he is a fierce competitor who takes his game seriously and wants not only the ball but to score and win. I still see that image of him standing there in arrowhead with the confetti falling after losing a heart breaker and being only one game from the big dance. 

more of this story needs to pan out yet, who knows how much is speculation and how much is fact. what I do know is, one can only hope it doesn't become the potential distraction it could be to the upcoming season?

"likely was the reason for the polikely was the reason for the poor showing in the divisional round last season.or showing in the divisional round last season."

------ridiculous 

Way to really run with a wild rumor from social media and then sprinkle your own "make a story" to it.

Now someone takes all this, adds their Lil seasoning to it, and posts it online. It's the game of phone we all played as a kid.

We're like 4 degrees away from Josh impregnated coach, and coach believes life begins at conception.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Stefon latest Tweet referred to "letting them cap", "keep lying big dawg". Only person I know who spoke about situation and stated that Diggs not being at OTA was HC. 🤔

Josh and Von

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Josh said too much at the mic. Thought I saw a tear starting to fall. Grow a pair. Deal with your personal issues like a man. And…just shut up. He made this situation into more of a circus than it needs to be. 

What exactly do you want Josh to do?  He agreed to talk to the press.  The press spent 11 minutes relentlessly grilling him about Stef. 

Now personally, I think it would be better if Josh had said a la McDermott "I'm very concerned he's not here, he's a big part of our offense, I believe things will be worked out", and then like Poyer has done "I'd really like to talk about football - I'll be happy to answer any questions about football".  

But a bunch of people here are saying that McDermott blew the situation up by his brief answer then moving on, and he should have provided more info.  So which is it?

I also think Josh handled it the way he did for a reason, whatever that reason may be (and I don't know what the reason may be)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

What exactly do you want Josh to do?  He agreed to talk to the press.  The press spent 11 minutes relentlessly grilling him about Stef. 

Now personally, I think it would be better if Josh had said a la McDermott "I'm very concerned he's not here, he's a big part of our offense, I believe things will be worked out", but I also think Josh handled it the way he did for a reason, whatever that reason may be (and I don't know what the reason may be)

I think Sean did too, he is way to measured and mired in coach speak to say: "very concerned" on accident. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Hey, remember when everyone wanted Matt Araiza kicked off the team because he's a rapist?

It's crazy how quickly everyone panics and assumes that Josh Allen betrayed his girlfriend and got a random bartender pregnant and betrayed his team and betrayed diggs and THAT's why our favorite team lost a football game last year.

Do you guys hear yourselves? Speculation is one thing, but smearing someone's name with zero evidence is something we should try not to do.

Not to mention if it were remotely true, I'd think Hailee Steinfeld would stay far far away from that drama given her celebrity status.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now personally, I think it would be better if Josh had said a la McDermott "I'm very concerned he's not here, he's a big part of our offense, I believe things will be worked out", but I also think Josh handled it the way he did for a reason, whatever that reason may be (and I don't know what the reason may be)

What if the issue is Diggs is pushing Josh to focus singularly and obsessively on football during the year like he does and ignore everything else to become as great as he can be but Allen is refusing to do it and Diggs takes that as "he doesn't want it bad enough" and is turning on him because of it?

With them being as close as they were/are Diggs might take that as a slap in the face and feel let down by him, as if he is saying one thing but his actions say another.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I have quickly scanned and the nearest I can figure out, Josh got drunk and had his way with Diggs the night before the Bengals playoff game. Whether or not Diggs got pregnant seems to be a question.

You forgot to mention Josh Allen then cheated on Diggs with Russ Brandon. All because he got high on pain meds and couldn't think straight.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

When the heck does practice start today? Is he there?

Started at 12:15 PM ET...open to media but they are forbidden from tweeting who is there or not there (like a banana republic dictatorship) 

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

What if the issue is Diggs is pushing Josh to focus singularly and obsessively on football during the year like he does and ignore everything else to become as great as he can be but Allen is refusing to do it and Diggs takes that as "he doesn't want it bad enough" and is turning on him because of it?

With them being as close as they were/are Diggs might take that as a slap in the face and feel let down by him.

Diggs does this? I've seen him doing photo shoots. Seen him in commercials. Saw that he hosted some charity events. There was even a story about Diggs doing a pottery class this off season. And yes, he does these things on his off days during the season as well. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

What if.  I personally don't see the point in total speculation.  I was willing to speculate initially that the issue might have to do with a personal emergency based on the facts of Diggs' brother's potential legal issues, but that's 1) based on information that bro was involved in a nasty crime in LA 2) clearly not the issue at hand based on statements from Bakari, Miller, and Allen.

I could come up with a bunch of different what if's of my own, what is the point?

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

He is in attendance.

How do you know?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

These are young good looking guys with tons and tons of money. They are a lot closer in age and maturity to those 16 year old girls than they are to many (most?) of us here.

Of course, but they're also professionals that get beyond generously paid to do a job and do it to the best of their ability, in this case tens of millions per season.

Even at that age, when I had something f extreme importance to do the next day I didn't stay out until all hours rocking my world apart while pissing off an existing GF (AKA "he'll hath no fury...) and shorting myself on sleep while unnecessarily generating peak stress.  

That's irresponsible no matter who you are.  

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

99.9%. Get it right my man!!

this thread is so cringe and posters are just shedding more light on themselves.  🍿 

the last sentence is everything.  But everyone thinks they do

No 🧢

🤣

:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.