Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

4 minutes ago, Success said:

This was a nothing burger.

McD should have been more careful w/ his words to the press.  That kind of fueled the frenzy we saw in the past 24 hours.

As always, Diggs helped fuel the fire with the 'cap' post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Literally everyone posted it. Alaina, Joe B and tons others...and most before he did.

OH.  Sounds like McDermott wanted to get the word out so as to help control the situation.

:o

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Even at that age, when I had something f extreme importance to do the next day I didn't stay out until all hours rocking my world apart while pissing off an existing GF (AKA "he'll hath no fury...) and shorting myself on sleep while unnecessarily generating peak stress.  

Well, Josh is 27, so if I remember correctly (it's all a blur!) I think I may have done some of these things at that age ...

Diggs is 29, and I think I remember that age pretty well, so I guess 28 was when I got my act together and started trying to create a sustainable work and home life.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I love how the Bills policy somehow trumps the press's 1st amendment rights; I would love one of these guys to challenge this BS policy in the court system and eliminate this crap forever.  F the NFL.

They don't. They are free to report that if they want, but the Bills also have the right to remove their press credentials as well.

Just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't mean there will be no consequences professionally if you do.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

What are the chances he speaks today?

I think the Bills will make themselves available only as much as they are contractually obligated for the rest of mini-camp. 

my $0.02

Edited by Mango

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So how is Sal getting around the policy but no one else is?

The Bills have special permission for all reporters to post it.

They are trying to quell the story.

And if you read some of the posts, it’s working.

PR, baby.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

This thread is full of middle school banter, pretty weak for a bunch of adults. We know Diggs was at OBD yesterday, he chose to leave and not work. He created a crapstorm media distraction by leaving. If he had not left, there would not be a circus of reporters gleefully producing "content" for the next 24 hours on the issue. Then his agent tried to deflect the blame for Diggs refusing to do his job on his coach stating he was concerned that the player didn't show up for work. Is missing a big deal as far as on the field stuff? One day is not. Is missing work a problem because he created a public issue? Yes. 

There is zero excuse for walking out. A conversation does the same as leaving the facilities and it doesn't carry a negative burden on his teammates. Diggs is a selfish dolt for creating this issue, Regardless of whether his grievances are correct, he took a personal gripe and passed the responsibility for dealing with it on to the teammates he is supposed to lead.

His agent was right. Mcd made it worse. Diggs should have just practiced not trying to argue that. But obviously there is more to the story and McD made it worse. 

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I love how the Bills policy somehow trumps the press's 1st amendment rights; I would love one of these guys to challenge this BS policy in the court system and eliminate this crap forever.  F the NFL.

It's like the Bills constitution is totally something that only exists in your own head!

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They don't. They are free to report that if they want, but the Bills also have the right to remove their press credentials as well.

Just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't mean there will be no consequences professionally if you do.

If I broadcast something from the practice and it results in the loss of the credentials needed to do my job, I don't really have the right to broadcast something from the practice.

Get it?

These guys are in the press.  They trump internal policies of the Bills.  

I'm speaking as a lawyer, for what that's worth.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.