Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Either you don’t follow the Bills or are just being ignorant. Chad Hall leaving was a big surprise. Check the threads from February.

A position coach moving on doesn’t move the needle for me sorry. Especially for what appear to be completely mundane and understandable reasons. You are trying to insinuate all sorts of sinister things about this move without providing a shred, not a scrap of evidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Your contention is that he interviewed for OC positions and didn’t get one, so he decided to go to a bottom dweller team that not only already had hired an OC but also the head coach acts as a secondary OC, essentially giving Hall zero chance to ever be promoted?

And at the same time he left a top tier team that had a brand new OC who could suck and Hall could be promoted?

Surely you see how that makes zero sense?

surely.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

No. I'm literally saying what I said. That next off-season there is a potential out if they trade him.  Not saying they will. But the finances do make it plausible to happen in a worst case scenario. 

As for the bolded it's rarely a good idea to speak in absolutes. No telling what will happen over the next year.

Yeah but i would pray to God no amount of background BS would result in getting rid of him.  He and Josh are why this team is what it is right now.  The 2 of them.  The rest are largely going for the ride.

Edited by Nextmanup

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Isn't it crazy that I'm wearing a hoodie, sweat pants and slippers in Atlanta...in June?

The reason is I have vaulted ceilings in my living room and that's where my thermostat is.  It takes forever to cool that room so the AC runs constantly in my other rooms.  

Hoodie and sweats in Atlanta here too. That AC is just so CRISP!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm more educated on South Korea that Venice.  How familiar are you with Busan?

Should I edit it or should I leave this as a running joke?

You sound rather defensive.

Just correcting an obvious mistake.

Edited by Nextmanup

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Your contention is that he interviewed for OC positions and didn’t get one, so he decided to go to a bottom dweller team that not only already had hired an OC but also the head coach acts as a secondary OC, essentially giving Hall zero chance to ever be promoted?

And at the same time he left a top tier team that had a brand new OC who could suck and Hall could be promoted?

Why do you keep calling the jags bottom dwellers? They have a great young qb and made the divisional round last year after winning their division.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

A position coach moving on doesn’t move the needle for me sorry. Especially for what appear to be completely mundane and understandable reasons. You are trying to insinuate all sorts of sinister things about this move without providing a shred, not a scrap of evidence. 

I’m guessing. We’re all guessing. We don’t know why Diggs is upset.

Just now, section122 said:

Why do you keep calling the jags bottom dwellers? They have a great young qb and made the divisional round last year after winning their division.

He has a narrative he's going to shove down everyones throats so he has to make it make sense.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

45 pages for something that will inevitably be forgotten about long before the season even starts 😂

Oh no. There are plenty of posters on here who will beat this drum for months regardless 

The same type of posters who call Diggs "immature" while then cursing him in the same post.....

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

why today though?

the legal process moves slowly.

There are daily flights to/from Dallas

we do have video chat now

i mean, even if his brother got re-arrested last night, that's what lawyers are for

Even if today was super important for his brother, unless today was the first day of trial, And diggs tried to get the day off and the Bills said "no," And if Diggs was gonna attend his brother, why fly all the way to Buffalo for a half day? 

And why would JA feel the need to leak / tweet every hour if it were Diggs personal private family business.  I mean, we all know how those issues are handled in the press for an excused absence due to personal issues.  And those dont usually include flying all the way to the team facility for an hour, before going back home.

probably not as I think it though but none the less I'm not jumping on conspiracies......

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oh no. There are plenty of posters on here who will beat this drum for months regardless 

Oh certainly there will be - I was going to add that caveat that every time Diggs drops a pass there will be a new thread on how they aren't on the same page because Diggs missed these practices. Decided not to though haha

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So we're expected to believe that the guy that:

-Had several emotional outbursts on the sidelines last year including one that appeared he was full on crying and McD had to coddle him

-Was last seen yelling at his QB on the sideline

-Then tried to run out of the stadium after the playoff loss

-Spent the off-season saying semi cryptic things in interviews and on social media

-Doesn't participate in voluntary OTA

-Misses Day 1 of mandatory

SUddenly has a problem that doesn't involve football in any way. To quote Josh Allen:

"Okay"

But did Josh Allen do any of those things?

Since it's a quote from Josh, you don't need to have any faith in Diggs, just that Josh has more info than us. 

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Perhaps there is a non football  situation with Diggs, which he didn’t communicate well to McD, leading to todays comment, which lead to this mess? 

Allen said sometimes things aren’t communicated well, perhaps this was the reference?

You’ve fallen for it.

It sure feels like Diggs is appr0aching the "Pushups in the driveway" phase.

H0pe that is n0t the case...if it is y0u can n0t have that in the l0cker r00m.  It will tank the seas0n and d0 great harm t0 the qb.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

Because I watched some of their games. That is not a good team.

Good coach though.

1 minute ago, teef said:

That’s where my post led you?

No...it was just immediately on my mind because the AC was running and the vent is right next to my shins.  I was cold and put on pants while the same time saying in my mind "I can't believe I have to get my sweat pants on in June.  I live in Atlanta.  Crazy."  

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Both teams went to the playoffs and have several current or former offensive coordinators in front of Hall in the promotion line. It’s a lateral move, but money and personal relationships may have played a large part along with Hall being from the southeast and knowing Pederson for most of his career. 🤷‍♂️. Also…. State taxes and no blizzards. 

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This is actually beautiful timing, this is going to be a story for awhile and will completely overshadow Jack Eichel 🤮 winning the Stanley Cup tonight

I'm afraid he will and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Go Cats!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Both teams went to the playoffs and have several current or former offensive coordinators in front of Hall in the promotion line. It’s a lateral move, but money and personal relationships may have played a large part along with Hall being from the southeast and knowing Pederson for most of his career. 🤷‍♂️. Also…. State taxes and no blizzards. 

With Pederson, Hall will never be OC.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

But did Josh Allen do any of those things?

Since it's a quote from Josh, you don't need to have any faith in Diggs, just that Josh has more info than us. 

I have faith that 10/10 Josh Allen will cover for his teammates.

Also, since he was in town and even at the facility perhaps Diggs should have used his own voice rather than be content to have Allen sit there and speak on his behalf. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hall probably thinks:

If you put THAT guy over me for OC, i see how it is

In jacksonville, I get to Learn my ass off, from a SB winning head coach.  with a whole different system maybe.  And live in a warm tax free state. 

And leaving shows i am ambitious.  Which is a good, manly, testosterone, leader-of-men type of trait in this league.  So I'm showing it.

And in terms of staying under Dorsey, while dorsey sucks, I say 'why should Hall make his resume Worse?'  If youre gonna gtfo, now is the time.  And wtf would he have learned under Dorsey anyway, except how to suck?

In fairness, Hall could have learned everything to Not do, if Dorsey sucked.  But that cuts against improving his resume, or implying Hall has a genius 3D chess type reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, maddenboy said:

Hall probably thinks:

If you put THAT guy over me for OC, i see how it is

Now THAT could be. That he felt insulted by Dorsey’s promotion.

Or felt that Dorsey’s incompetence could lead to Hall’s downfall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Einstein said:

With Pederson, Hall will never be OC.

I'd argue that with Pederson, he has a much better chance of being an OC, since they wont have to lean on him to call plays. Or at least have Pederson there to help when needed.

With the Bills, our OC is pretty much on their own. Especially with McD double-dipping as HC and DC.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.