Will anyone admit to enjoying watching soap operas on TV?

Another Fan

Every damn day of late feels like I walk into a soap opera where I work.  And well imo the whole “Josh Britt” stuff has a soap opera feel to it.

I never really followed soap operas but I will admit to really liking Kassie De Paiva a lot.    A former soap actress.  Very beautiful and good actress.  Funny personality in real life interviews as well.  Had leukemia but seems to be doing OK.  

Many years ago, I tried watching Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman when it first started, but couldn't get into it. Loved Fernwood Tonight though.

Before that, I wanted very badly to watch Dark Shadows, but the ABC affiliate (Ch. 7) wouldn't carry it. Maybe  they had to decide between that or Commander Tom.

I was an avid Young and the Restless watcher for decades like mid 70's until about 5 or 6 years ago I waned off. I used to avidly watch that show with VCR tape

recorded for when I got home from work for years.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

In college, we’d head over to a Main Street watering hole after class for a pitcher and watch All My Children … we aspired to be Tad Martin, enjoying the “charms” of girlfriend Liza and her hot mom 🤪

Although now I am going a bit off topic...this reminded me of a story I was told that during the offseason/preseason when the Bills are in town sometimes they don't have anything to do during the day and some guys would just go hang out at the Big Tree and watch Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune lol

On 6/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, Just Jack said:

In high school, it was Guiding Light, since it was just starting at the same time we were getting home. 

My buddy and I used to watch General Hospital after school. 

This scene always kills me!

"Kevin's a skunk."

"Kevin gets all the girls."

"He sure got Nikki."

😆🤣😂

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My buddy and I used to watch General Hospital after school. 

Did you guys cry when Laura got married to Luke?

And... Speaking of BS... What was up with that Mikkos Cassadine "weather machine!" I'd like to see him deal with GlobalWarming!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

TBD and the Bills covers that part of my life. 

So true 

19 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I mean....does Beverly Hills 90210 count? If so, then yes.

I watched enough of that show to know who the main characters were.  Again similar to Kassie DePaiva, Tiffani Thiessen was easily the main draw for me.  Her character was supposed to be from Buffalo as well I think lol.  I never liked the Kelly Taylor character though 

I was overseas in the military many years ago. It was back when AFN only had like 2 channels. Guiding light and General Hospital were the 2 soaps they aired. I worked Swing Shift and Guiding Light came on shortly after I got up each day. Suffice to say, that became my daily routine. Guiding Light was number 1, so when I shifted to day shift, I would set my lunch break to keep up with that one. 

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This scene always kills me!

"Kevin's a skunk."

"Kevin gets all the girls."

"He sure got Nikki."

😆🤣😂

That movie's a classic!

On 6/15/2023 at 7:19 AM, Another Fan said:

So true 

I watched enough of that show to know who the main characters were.  Again similar to Kassie DePaiva, Tiffani Thiessen was easily the main draw for me.  Her character was supposed to be from Buffalo as well I think lol.  I never liked the Kelly Taylor character though 

Yes she was. This was a particularly delicious time for Ms. Thiessen. She was lookin' head and shoulders above her Kelly Kapowski days.

I was a Brenda man at first (I have bad taste in women) but once Valerie came along...9021Oh baby.

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Yes she was. This was a particularly delicious time for Ms. Thiessen. She was lookin' head and shoulders above her Kelly Kapowski days.

I was a Brenda man at first (I have bad taste in women) but once Valerie came along...9021Oh baby.

Absolutely

But I do like Shannen Doherty.  What's she's going through now is very sad 

• Like (+1) 1

there is one genre of soap I have watched in my past and that is those produced in Columbia. Narco telenovela types galore out there on Netflex. The Mafia Dolls and  Pablo Escobar el Patron del Mal are 2 I watched 

The women are always beautiful the guys not always hot but interesting and much more filled with overt sex and violence than what you see on American televison

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.