Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

3 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

Update.... see previous post. DH asked for a 2 year and Bills agreed. He asked for certain things in the contract, and they got that worked out. The problem is DH thinks his value is OBJ contract or better.BB has made his best offer (or at least he says) and it's now up to DH. I asked about other teams offer said he said he has no idea. He doubts BB will move on his offer very much if at all.

Dunkirk Don?

Bottom line is we need this guy or a high caliber running back to have a chance at winning. We haven't done anything major to improve while Miami and the Jets seem to be making progress getting better.  We have to do whatever it takes to land this guy and then we are all but guaranteed a Super Bowl, otherwise its business as usual. What say the rest of you?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Mike Skiba said:

Bottom line is we need this guy or a high caliber running back to have a chance at winning. We haven't done anything major to improve while Miami and the Jets seem to be making progress getting better.  We have to do whatever it takes to land this guy and then we are all but guaranteed a Super Bowl, otherwise its business as usual. What say the rest of you?

In the past year Brandon Beane has:

- Spent a 2nd Round Pick on James Cook

- Spent a 5th Round Pick on Nyheim Hines and gave him $4m up front in a restructure to keep him.

- Signed Damien Harris

- Signed Latavius Murray

How exactly do we "need" another RB?

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

- Spent a 5th Round Pick on Nyheim Hines and gave him $4m up front in a restructure to keep him.

- Signed Damien Harris

- Signed Latavius Murray

Agree with all points here, we have the backs, we just need better O line play. Hopefully with the new additions at guard, we get a boost in both the running (by the RBs) and passing. I'm on the fence myself on Hopkins, if we get him, it'll make for an interesting combo with Diggs. But if we don't, I won't be disappointed. To me, there were no excuses for last year's playoff debacle. If we do plan on having a more "aggressive" defense and it pays dividends, it should be a good year. Perhaps Frazier played a bit more passively to keep our defense as fresh as possible. Idk how much Hopkins has left, but Kincaid may end up as good if not better than him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

- Signed Damien Harris

- Signed Latavius Murray

More

I just need more. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

- Signed Damien Harris

- Signed Latavius Murray

One could argue we are still average at the position even though resources have been spent there 

We have depth but lack top

tier talent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

- Signed Damien Harris

- Signed Latavius Murray

we need more at RB. by a mile. we need more talent, more quality, more legitimacy.

those are all fine depth and role players but they are not bona fide starters.

we need more at RB.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I think Jimbo/Hines + Harris/Murray can get done what we need out of our run game. If the Oline can manage to open up a crease there should be ample running room, this becomes even more the case if Dhop enters the huddle. 

We really need that online to pan out though, especially at the tackles. We can't have TE and RB staying in to block as often as we did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

We really need that online to pan out though, especially at the tackles. We can't have TE and RB staying in to block as often as we did last year.

We will find out week 1 about the OL. The Jets D will probably be one of the best if not the best they face all year. They were ranked 5th in the league in defense last year.

2 minutes ago, zevo said:

as I remove myself from my bills bias. If money is the same, I can't think of a good reason why Nuk would choose the Bills over KC.

If he wins the SB with Buffalo he gets a share in the credit. If he wins one with the Chiefs it is business as usual.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Dunkirk Don?

don't believe so.  arcadia bob has been a member since 2002 and only has 25 posts.  Doesn't seem like the type to post garbage

He says he has a friend who is good friends with DH business manager. That is certainly at least possible 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.