NFL Top 100 Ballots (Allen ranked VERY high)

BigDingus

This is just 4 of them. They rank Allen:

#4, #2, #5 and #1...

Diggs is also sitting at #16, #4, #16 and 12. 

I feel they selected a handful of rankings that'll get people talking, but clearly the one that has Allen at #1 is just trying to get attention 😆

Thoughts?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

#4, #2, #5 and #1...

I feel they selected a handful of rankings that'll get people talking, but clearly the one that has Allen at #1 is just trying to get attention 😆

Thoughts?

Was this before or after Allen turned up at the Kentucky Derby in a creamsicle themed suit?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Was this before or after Allen turned up at the Kentucky Derby in a creamsicle themed suit?

Because that for sure makes his on field play from last season worse.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Edited by The Wiz

Josh Allen has come a long way since draft night when he and the Bills were made a laughing stock by all the football "experts".

The debate about who is the best QB is irrelevant to me as it's totally subjective.  Rank him 1st, 4th, 6th, who cares?  The bottom line is that after wandering in the QB desert for two decades the Bills finally have one of the best young QBs in the NFL with the potential to win multiple championships and be an all time great.  That's enough for me.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Surprised how low Burrow is from these samples 

That is an excellent point. I don’t get that at all. 

A bit off topic, but I doubt he has the career success his trajectory might seem to indicate. Once they have to pay him and put all the guaranteed money into escrow, how many big time guys can will they pony up guaranteed money for?  They may be capable of paying, but they do not seem willing

I remember T.J. Houshmandzadeh  laughing at how cheap they were. BYOG, for Gatorade! I lived in Cincinnati during college, and I don’t think the reputation has changed much. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Diggs belongs no-where near #4.

I like the guy, but he is no-where near a top 5 NFL player.

Top 10 - 15 , which is amazing 

He's by Far the #1 Weapon on a perennial top 3 O 

Von would be up there if not for the injury.  Milano should be close to top 20

Edited by JerseyBills

Actually about one of the only things the NFL does that I think has some form of value these days as it’s by players for players. Now, this isn’t a personal Top 10 but those who I think will be the Top 10:

1). Mahomes

2). Jefferson

3). Kelce

4). Hill

5). Hurts

6). Burrow

7). Josh

8). Parsons

9).  Bosa

10). Sauce Gardner

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Burrow is really good but Josh will embarrass you in two different ways.

Yeah but a lot of it goes down to Playoff teams… which is why I think Burrow will edge Josh on the list. 

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

#4, #2, #5 and #1...

Thoughts?

Think the list with Josh @ #1 either belongs to a divisional opponent or a teammate. 

Or maybe a Bills fan @ heart?

53 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Yeah but a lot of it goes down to Playoff teams… which is why I think Burrow will edge Josh on the list.

Actually the voting is before the playoffs that's why Josh dropped last year despite being a ***** madman in the playoffs in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Actually about one of the only things the NFL does that I think has some form of value these days as it’s by players for players. Now, this isn’t a personal Top 10 but those who I think will be the Top 10:

1). Mahomes

2). Jefferson

3). Kelce

4). Hill

5). Hurts

6). Burrow

7). Josh

8). Parsons

9).  Bosa

10). Sauce Gardner

Think the list with Josh @ #1 either belongs to a divisional opponent or a teammate. 

I think you’re way off on Hurts and Sauce. Hurts had one good year, he’s not seen as a top 5 guy. For Sauce, rookies don’t get ranked that high. The rest of those guys I see in the top ten though. First is an easy one, there’s an argument for several of those guys for second 

59 minutes ago, BBFL said:

1). Mahomes

2). Jefferson

3). Kelce

4). Hill

5). Hurts

6). Burrow

7). Josh

8). Parsons

9).  Bosa

10). Sauce Gardner

I’m sure there’s plenty of players who think Allen is the best player in the league, every weekend he’s dominating the highlights with plays no other QBs are making all while winning division titles every year.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

That is an excellent point. I don’t get that at all. 

A bit off topic, but I doubt he has the career success his trajectory might seem to indicate. Once they have to pay him and put all the guaranteed money into escrow, how many big time guys can will they pony up guaranteed money for?  They may be capable of paying, but they do not seem willing

I remember T.J. Houshmandzadeh  laughing at how cheap they were. BYOG, for Gatorade! I lived in Cincinnati during college, and I don’t think the reputation has changed much. Time will tell. 

I’m with you on this point. Very interested to see how he performs after one of those studs WRs leaves. 

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Could easily argue top 5 WR, but way too many future 1st ballot HoFers like Mahomes, Kelce, and Donald (plus dominant OL I don't know the names of) to sniff top 5 overall.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, julian said:

I’m sure there’s plenty of players who think Allen is the best player in the league, every weekend he’s dominating the highlights with plays no other QBs are making all while winning division titles every year.

Every weekend huh? Hmmm 🤔 

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Every weekend huh? Hmmm 🤔 

Yeah every game he’s making incredible throws and runs… I didn’t think that was debatable… it’s the reason he’s one of only 2 QBs to receive MVP votes 3 straight years along with Mahomes 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah every game he’s making incredible throws and runs… I didn’t think that was debatable… it’s the reason he’s one of only 2 QBs to receive MVP votes 3 straight years along with Mahomes 

Yeah he does some great stuffs. Unfortunately he also mixed in some not so great stuffs that costs games. So not really amazing every weekend. 

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah he does some great stuffs. Unfortunately he also mixed in some not so great stuffs that costs games. So not really amazing every weekend. 

Lol what… he’s costing them games ? They went 13-3 and won the division 3 years running, put some respect on that man’s name.

it’s obvious no player is perfect, but to act like only his teammates or division rivals would consider him the best player in the league is just silly IMHO.

11 minutes ago, julian said:

Lol what… he’s costing them games ? They went 13-3 and won the division 3 years running, put some respect on that man’s name.

it’s obvious no player is perfect, but to act like only his teammates or division rivals would consider him the best player in the league is just silly IMHO.

Yup. 3 losses where one win could’ve locked up the #1 seed. I didn’t comment on the bolded part so no opinion there. However he’s far from the #1 player in the league imho. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yup. 3 losses where one win could’ve locked up the #1 seed. I didn’t comment on the bolded part so no opinion there. However he’s far from the #1 player in the league imho. 

If you honestly believe he’s “far” from being the leagues best player after being one of only 2 QBs to garner MVP votes 3 years running along with Mahomes being the only 2 QBs to win their divisions 3 straight years… then we have a difference of opinion.

I’m not even arguing he is the best player, it was the idea only his teammates and division rivals could possibly think that… that’s absurd, but I respect your point of view I just don’t agree.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, julian said:

If you honestly believe he’s “far” from being the leagues best player after being one of only 2 QBs to garner MVP votes 3 years running along with Mahomes being the only 2 QBs to win their divisions 3 straight years… then we have a difference of opinion.

I’m not even arguing he is the best player, it was the idea only his teammates and division rivals could possibly think that… that’s absurd, but I respect your point of view I just don’t agree.

Well let me clarify. I believe Allen is the 2nd best qb after Mahomes. Mahomes is the best player in the league right now. So mix in a few position players between were Mahomes and Allen on the list and that’s what I meant from my comment. Appreciate a civil back and forth with differing opinions that doesn’t include any derogatory comments. Likewise respect your pov as well. Hey maybe he’ll be the unanimous #1 after next season! 👍

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Well let me clarify. I believe Allen is the 2nd best qb after Mahomes. Mahomes is the best player in the league right now. So mix in a few position players between were Mahomes and Allen on the list and that’s what I meant from my comment. Appreciate a civil back and forth with differing opinions that doesn’t include any derogatory comments. Likewise respect your pov as well. Hey maybe he’ll be the unanimous #1 after next season! 👍

Yeah I would also have Mahomes at #1 and I’d have Allen #2 but ultimately Allen most likely ends up somewhere in the top 10.

I also appreciate the back and forth.

cheers !!

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh Allen has come a long way since draft night when he and the Bills were made a laughing stock by all the football "experts".

The debate about who is the best QB is irrelevant to me as it's totally subjective.  Rank him 1st, 4th, 6th, who cares?  The bottom line is that after wandering in the QB desert for two decades the Bills finally have one of the best young QBs in the NFL with the potential to win multiple championships and be an all time great.  That's enough for me.

couldn't agree more.  Josh is our QB and he brings excitement every time he steps on that field. He gives us hope for a win, for going to the playoffs and winning the SuperBowl.  What more could you ask for? Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, julian said:

A perfect example was the first Jets game where Allen didn't play well.  But the 35 yard TD run and the 70 yard dime that hit Davis in the chest down the sideline were both amazing plays.  The sheer versatility of a guy who could do BOTH in a single game that he's otherwise playing poorly in is off the chart.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Well said and I agree wholeheartedly!

I'm a greedy fan.  I hope Josh gets even better.  I hope he elevates his game to the point that people start talking about him as the GOAT.  But even if he never improves, I'm still happy.  Josh is already good enough to win a Lombardi if the rest of the roster is there and chips fall our way.   Being a Bills fan used to be a masochistic test of loyalty.  With Josh, it's a joy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

I share your skepticism re: his play in the playoffs where he's largely no-showed in the last five playoff games he's got 0 TDs and has been nowhere near impressive in three of those games, average in another.  But he did finish 5th in receiving yardage and 4th in receptions, receiving TDs, and 1st-Downs for receivers.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.