RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

I've changed my tune on this pick. At the end of the day we needed more weapons for Josh, and he was the best offensive weapon available.

I would have much rather seen them go with Harrison and get the o line shored up. But can't be mad at this pick. 

It's all on Dorsey and Josh. They didn't utilize Knox nearly as much as they should have last year. Now they have two TEs to feed. They need to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From PFN:

Is there a better pass catcher at the tight end position in the 2023 NFL Draft than Kincaid? If there is, I’m yet to study them in this cycle, and we’ve been working on scouting reports since the Monday after last year’s draft. There are wide receivers in this class, in college football, and in the NFL that could learn a thing or two about corralling a catch from the Utah tight end.

Starting his scouting report anywhere other than what Kincaid brings to the table as a receiver would be malpractice, an injustice, and a waste of an opportunity to study greatness. If the ball is even marginally in the vicinity of the Utah tight end, there’s a legitimate chance that he’s going to be the one coming down with it.

Use him as a slot WR. I don't care if the blocking is coming slow, the Bills have seen what Travis Kelce can do one time too many. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Floydboy12 said:

To get the best player at his position where we drafted is a win. This kids a weapon. 

I think this kid has big time potential.  I’m excited about his potential, just hope Dorsey figures out how to get him meaningful targets.  I was frustrated we didn’t use Knox more last year when we weren’t getting good enough play from the slot. 

Talent has arrived, now the pressure is on Dorsey to make this kid an important part of the offense.  I do also love adding another big target for those cold weather games too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

On McAfee, they asked him about trading picks tomorrow for Hopkins - his face made it seem like a nope and he basically said his focus this weekend is on the draft and making picks

I don’t think Hopkins gets moved during this weekend. He is a post draft trade using the 2024 picks. As we got closer to the draft that was my feeling with his situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

PFF  ranked Kincaid #10 best  prospect

At 240 pounds,  bridges the gap between tight end and wide receiver. 

Kincaid can be a focal point of an offense with his route-running ability after recording 70 catches for 890 yards at Utah last season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I just wanna say screw everyone that mocked me for mocking Dalton Kincaid and laughed at it. He is an A++ pick for the Bills and a better prospect than Flowers, Addison, Johnston. Halfway through the year everyone is going to be glad we picked him 

wow good job. im warming up to it after watching film. this is def BPA. does this put knox on the bench more or is kincaid our #3 full time slot? 

im not mad at the pick if i had more confidence in dorsey. im not a fan of how he uses weopons and kincaid/knox combo i feel one is going to end up contributing nothing. if its knox that's alot of cap in the trash. dorsey just seems like he needs a vanilla offense with really good players at concrete positions. not alot of interesting shifts of roles happening in which i think both guys can eat.

Edited by Buffarukus

3 minutes ago, eball said:

At times like these I need to constantly remind myself that anyone can create a screen name and post.

To paraphrase George Carlin-- think how stupid the average person is.  Then realize that half the people are even dumber.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What I meant by that was more of Dorsey's usage of 2 TE sets. Understand that our #2 TE last year was Morris and that may have dictated the rational for less of those sets.  I'm very interested to see what Dorsey has in mind. Based on last year as it's all we have to go by I am skeptical....however open minded to see how the offense evolves as opposed to slamming Dorsey or the pick at this time. 

As BB mentioned, they won’t be using him in 12 personal sets. He said, think of it like 11 and 1/2. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.