NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would anyone offer the Lions a 2024 2nd for Jameson Williams? I wonder if they’d consider that

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

If that was a real thing the Bills should definitely do that 

Why?

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Talent

In college, before he tore his ACL.  And now he has a gambling suspension.  He'll have to show something, anything, before even considering trading a day 3 pick for him right now.

• Disagree 4

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

In college, before he tore his ACL.  And now he has a gambling suspension.  He'll have to show something, anything, before even considering trading a day 3 pick for him right now.

He played at the end of last year and in a small dose of one catch for a 41 yard TD he looked like his old self to me lol. He would be the best WR in this class and is only suspended 6 games with 3.5 years left on a rookie deal. Yes you give up a day 2 pick for him. He would immediately be the second best WR on our team 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

He played at the end of last year and in a small dose of one catch for a 41 yard TD he looked like his old self to me lol. He would be the best WR in this class and is only suspended 6 games with 3.5 years left on a rookie deal. Yes you give up a day 2 pick for him. He would immediately be the second best WR on our team 

No one bothered to cover him on that 1 reception he had last year.  Pass.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No one bothered to cover him on that 1 reception he had last year.  Pass.

Ya that part was me kidding around but the ACL injury is behind him. He’s still a stud WR that would be the first WR taken this year. You’d be one of the few GMs to pass on him 

I’ll leave this small sample here…

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just look at his college tape. The guy is elite and will be an excellent WR. Way better skill set than Gabe. 

The Bills won't even give him a sniff because of his character flaws. Also, I highly doubt the Lions would trade him for his violation. 

This convo is nice but it's mute. 

36 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

100% agree here. I'd be doing cartwheels if the Bills landed him with a second day pick. It would be the steal of the draft. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

Last years draft was the time to take a stud WR but Beane chose to take another RB. Cook is fine but I think all of us would’ve been more stoked to go into this year with Pickens opposite Diggs instead of Cook in the backfield

I hated the Cook pick but all the good WR were gone at that point, Shakir was good value in the 5th round though. Beane has never drafted a WR early and I expect the same this year.

6 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Last years draft was the time to take a stud WR but Beane chose to take another RB. Cook is fine but I think all of us would’ve been more stoked to go into this year with Pickens opposite Diggs instead of Cook in the backfield

I agree but hindsight is 20 20. 

Pickens looks really good. He was highly regarded by many pre draft. I believe he was rising up the draft boards come draft time.  

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Or Christian Watson, who was always going to take a bit of time, but had over 500 yards in the final 8 games of last season and you could have had him ready to go by playoff time. I liked Pickens too, but Watson was the guy I really wanted them to consider where they were last year. He felt like their kind of prospect too, raw, but incredible ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Or Christian Watson, who was always going to take a bit of time, but had over 500 yards in the final 8 games of last season and you could have had him ready to go by playoff time. I liked Pickens too, but Watson was the guy I really wanted them to consider where they were last year. He felt like their kind of prospect too, raw, but incredible ceiling. 

Last year’s draft was a misfire.  They clearly approached the draft with a “shopping list” of positions they felt they needed to shore up to make a Super Bowl run.  It was Beane’s first ever draft in that type of situation - 13 seconds away from a title if you will - and instead of sticking to his board with discipline he overdrafted specific positions of need for the 2022 roster, only.  My prediction is that within a few years we will look back at that draft as a complete fail.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Last year’s draft was a misfire.  They clearly approached the draft with a “shopping list” of positions they felt they needed to shore up to make a Super Bowl run.  It was Beane’s first ever draft in that type of situation - 13 seconds away from a title if you will - and instead of sticking to his board with discipline he overdrafted specific positions of need for the 2022 roster, only.  My prediction is that within a few years we will look back at that draft as a complete fail.

Agree somewhat, but think Cook, Shakir, Benford, and to an extent Spector redeem it.

Even more so if Elam and Bernard turn the corner.

Now, Araiza and Tenuta… yeah… no. 

10 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agree somewhat, but think Cook, Shakir, Benford, and to an extent Spector redeem it.

Even more so if Elam and Bernard turn the corner.

Now, Araiza and Tenuta… yeah… no. 

Araiza - RIP to what could have been a stellar career.  Was never so excited to watch us punt the football.  He blew it big time.

Not drafting Breece will haunt me similarly to not drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd rd.  

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It is kind of all on Elam to me. If he becomes a true #1 corner for this team it will end up an okay draft. But the next two picks - Cook and Bernard - we are such low value spots that even if they went being good players it is unlikely to move the needle significantly. They'd have to become elite to really do that and I don't see it. I suppose Shakir or Benford could hit big but that is in the realms of a wing and a prayer. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Araiza - RIP to what could have been a stellar career.  Was never so excited to watch us punt the football.  He blew it big time.

Not drafting Breece will haunt me similarly to not drafting Russell Wilson in the 3rd rd.  

Yeah, by hooking up with the wrong girl.  But he'll get his chance again.  Not with the Bills though.

11 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

No team suffers from “bad timing” worse than the Buffalo Bills…

And Beane has never been good at planning ahead…he always seems to be one year behind when drafting- likely why he always seems to be forced into drafting for need instead of BPA…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And Beane has never been good at planning ahead…he always seems to be one year behind when drafting- likely why he always seems to be forced into drafting for need instead of BPA…

I agree with this. Just seems to me that Beane looks at what happened in the playoffs as a guide to the draft.

Loss to KC 3 yrs ago, couldn't get to Mahomes,  Draft Edge. Loss to KC again. Couldn't cover Kelce, wr's or get to Mahomes. Get Von, CB'S and a couple of DT'S. 

Now a Loss to Bengals. Couldn't get pressure, cover wr's and couldn't score on O. 🤔 

Find a way to get pressure for a Mahomes led KC team or find a way to score and pressure against a Burrow led Bengals team....

ohh, the pressure...What does Beane do?😁

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Betting lines have shifted to Will Levis being the front runner for the Texans pick

See I have him as QB5 but that, ironically, makes more sense to me than drafting CJ Stoud for Houston. They are a young team still early in a rebuild. They don't necessarily need the guy who is the best game manager here and now. They need someone who with some development can be ready to be really good by the time they have built the rest up around them. And Levis is much more a swing for the fences on upside.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I sort of agree with what you say about bad timing. 

But what is your solution in this draft (or overall)? Drafting "BPA" all the time almost no matter what? Like you'll be fine if we go DE/CB this year? Or you think it is too late already and Beane is already forced to draft some positions? 

13 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

But what is your solution in this draft (or overall)? Drafting "BPA" all the time almost no matter what? Like you'll be fine if we go DE/CB this year? Or you think it is too late already and Beane is already forced to draft some positions? 

I think I'd be frustrated with a DB at the end of round 1..... but the mock draft v2.0 we did here last week... with that board at #59 I'd have really struggled not to select Antonio Johnson or Clark Phillips III. They were sticking out BPA by my board and you'd have been reaching down by half a round according to my grades to select another position. I think in that situation you should just say "I am going to take the best football player." I wouldn't even trade out. What is the point evaluating players if someone you were really high on ends up dropping over half a round to you and you trade out so that you don't have to pick him? Forget need. Pick the best football player. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, by hooking up with the wrong girl.  But he'll get his chance again.  Not with the Bills though.

Hooking up with the wrong girl? The charge was that he and his buddies gang-raped a girl who was drunk. If that's accurate, he's a POS that deserves to be in prison instead of the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, finn said:

Hooking up with the wrong girl? The charge was that he and his buddies gang-raped a girl who was drunk. If that's accurate, he's a POS that deserves to be in prison instead of the NFL. 

No charges are being brought against him. He is entitled to recommence his football career IMO. We can't treat anyone accused as if they are guilty. The justice system determines those things. No chargers are being brought, the young man should be allowed to get on with his life. 

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it was right that he was out of the league while the investigation was undertaken IMO. But if he wants to go back now, he should be allowed that chance. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think I'd be frustrated with a DB at the end of round 1..... but there mock draft v2.0 we did here last week... with that board at #59 I'd have really struggled not to select Antonio Johnson or Clark Phillips III. They were sticking out BPA by my board and you'd have been reaching down by half a round according to my grades to select another position. I think in that situation you should just say "I am going to take the best football player." I wouldn't even trade out. What is the point evaluating players if someone you were really high on ends up dropping over half a round to you and you trade out so that you don't have to pick him? Forget need. Pick the best football player. 

Clark Phillips III is tempting if in the first we get an impact O line or WR prospect because he’d be a perfect nickel corner for us when Taron starts to go downhill but man we better kill the rest of the draft with good offensive pieces if we took him in the second. 

ideally his draft stock falls and we get him in the 3rd because he didn’t test well and is smaller…first 2 rounds we get the O lineman and WR

14 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So glad you asked…

Imo, as long as the Bills keep “piecemeal-ing” the putting together of this team (like patchwork), I fear its potential will never fully be realized…

My preference would be for the team to view this draft like a mini-rebuild…Pretend you’re in year 1 or 2 and you’ve got holes all over the place…That mindset should help you to, pretty much, take the best player at just about any position, and not reach just to fill one or two positions…Reaching on picks will only continue to hold this team back from being able to compete with KC and Cincy…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

So glad you asked…

Imo, as long as the Bills keep “piecemeal-ing” the putting together of this team (like patchwork), I fear its potential will never fully be realized…

My preference would be for the team to view this draft like a mini-rebuild…Pretend you’re in year 1 or 2 and you’ve got holes all over the place…That mindset should help you to, pretty much, take the best player at just about any position, and not reach just to fill one or two positions…Reaching on picks will only continue to hold this team back from being able to compete with JC and Cincy…

If this draft was a normal draft I'd be with you. I think this draft more than any other I've ever looked at I would be moving around targeting specific guys to try and help my team. If there was a year to play it the way you are suggesting that was last year IMO where that round 2 through 5 range was loaded. 

2 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Did he though?.. or did he just get caught up in a situation where we had to make him a fall guy for something I guarantee you likely could have been levied against at least a few other Bills players in their lifetime. 

21 minutes ago, finn said:

There is an article from a couple days ago detailing why the DA refused to press charges not only against Araiza, but the friends who had sex with her inside the house. 

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/crime/witness-matt-araiza-left-the-party-before-sex-acts-in-bedroom/509-a57055b4-8210-4674-b950-dcda7d3cad4a

26 minutes ago, finn said:

This attitude of guilty until proven innocent in todays world is tiresome 

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

This attitude of guilty until proven innocent in todays world is tiresome 

So is the lazy reading habits of people on this board. Note the conditional tense in my post. And also note that the OP assumed Araiza hooked up with the "wrong girl." How about assuming her innocence? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.