Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Damn. I was just talking to my Dad about RB options and was saying that Harris would work but he was probably the most expensive RB on the market to acquire.

Spotrac listed his market value at 7.1 annually. Will be interested to see what we got him for.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/damien-harris-29123/market-value/

I'm hoping it's a "wizard" deal.  LOL.  I have no idea.  I knew that $7.1M was crazy but...................

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Offensive line isn’t done being upgraded.   Still no definitive #2 receiver.   And MLB is up for grabs. 

There will be your first three picks, almost certainly.  Order will depend on their big board,  but it will be WR, MLB, and swing tackle. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

I still think TE and OL are possibilities at #27. I don't want any defensive players in the first other than Jack Campbell.

I’d be stoked with OL or a weapon for Josh.

Anything else, I’m going to do lose it to the point this board better hold me back cuz I’ll be so mad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

https://youtu.be/AiZzxhwLMYQ

Dude. Runs. Hard. 

I like how he makes a decision on his one cut, plants, and goes. He has speed and he finishes runs punishingly. Good vision. A lot of nice plays against the Bills in the above highlight video. Fits the profile to balance with Cook and Hines. Only age 26. Also good to take from NE*. 

His draft profile:

Disciplined and rugged with a very strong sense of who he is as a running back. He operates with a good feel for blocking schemes and finds the designed yards while adding extra with his power and some elusiveness. He lacks game-breaking juice as a runner and will need to keep his weight down or he'll end up in the "grinder" category of runners. Harris is more likely to be good than great as a pro, but his size, every-down game and ball security give him a chance to have fruitful career as a solid starter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Bills are drafting a TE top 3 rounds, most likely sooner than later IMO.

Then we are drafting all D

You might be right. TE seems like a real possibility.

This signing tells me that they don’t think Bijan will be there. They must not love the “middle round” guys. Harris raises the floor. 

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s fine. The Bills are trying to “eliminate holes” on offense in FA. The RB room is okay at the moment. 

Yeah this is my thought on it as well. Harris is just good enough to be part of the rotation if no one better comes along. But if we draft a RB that looks better in camp we can cut Harris without losing anything meaningful.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.