Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I disagree with the potential impact the signing can have.  

So you think he will be a star?

I said that he is solid. He’s a (slightly) lesser Motor IMO. He also hurts the potential for comp picks (not that we need to focus on that). I would have preferred the draft. Harris is fine but it doesn’t move the needle for me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

22 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I hate it when there is an exciting signing and some guy ***** all over it

It isn't that exciting. He fills a hole, that's all. I think Bills fans' feelings about him are skewed by some of the big runs he's had against us. For his "type" of RB he's basically a JAG. Nothing wrong with that. Analytics say JAG backs are probably better values than highly paid ones.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't that exciting. He fills a hole, that's all. I think Bills fans' feelings about him are skewed by some of the big runs he's had against us. For his "type" of RB he's basically a JAG. Nothing wrong with that. Analytics say JAG backs are probably better values than highly paid ones.

I'm excited

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Buffalo needed this type of guy to take hits off of Cook and Hines.

Hard between the tackles runner.

Wanted no part of Elliot or the cost of Henry.

Younger than Fournette.

Love it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you think he will be a star?

I said that he is solid. He’s a (slightly) lesser Motor IMO. He also hurts the potential for comp picks (not that we need to focus on that). I would have preferred the draft. Harris is fine but it doesn’t move the needle for me.

No.  There are only 2 or 3 "star" RB's.  But he's better than singletary 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm excited

We know but you haven’t articulated why. You just called me a dick because I think he’s “solid.” I’d love to hear WHY you think differently??

I hope that he’s a star. I just don’t see it. He is fine and helps the team. He eliminates a hole.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We know but you haven’t articulated why. You just called me a dick because I think he’s “solid.” I’d love to hear WHY you think differently??

I hope that he’s a star. I just don’t see it. He is fine and helps the team. He eliminates a hole.

Dude, you don't need my approval.  Have a good evening

• Dislike 2

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Buffalo needed this type of guy to take hits off of Cook and Hines.

Hard between the tackles runner.

Wanted no part of Elliot or the cost of Henry.

Younger than Fournette.

Love it.

I like the signing. I'm assuming it's going to be for less than $2 million. He fills a role we didn't have on the roster for cheap. I'm good with it.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

This is great. If he can stay healthy he’s a legit back. We have ourselves a legit rb people!!! 

He is a beast when healthy. The key is keeping him healthy.  IMO he beat Buffalo in that weather game a couple years ago. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No.  There are only 2 or 3 "star" RB's.  But he's better than singletary 

Why is he better? They have the same YPC. Motor has been way more durable while playing in a less run-friendly offense. Motor is also a superior reciever.

Again, Harris is a decent back. He raises the floor. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.