Cam Lewis re-signed

MAJBobby

This is one of those moves that I legitimately can't understand outside of a sunk cost fallacy. 

Cam Lewis was awful last season.  He arguably lost the Vikings game with a selfish, boneheaded play and then made another huge ST mistake.  

He's not good at any phase of the game, he's at replacement level.  He's not physically gifted over other NFL players and he's not heady and smart on the field.  He's a bust, and he should be shown the door.  He's not even worth it to bring in for "competition" after the last season. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL at the overdramatic replies on here.

It's a 1 year deal for a depth player.  He's not going to start.  He's making very little and not even guaranteed to make the team.  They have to bring more than 53 players to camp lol.

I'd rather take a shot on someone with potential upside over a known quantity that was a net negative last season. 

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bottom of the roster player.

I understand why every roster needs guys like Cam Lewis and Tyler Matakevich.

I don't understand why other teams are negotiating with free agents who can significantly upgrade their roster.  And we are busy on Day 1 filling out the back-end with guys who are just special teams.

13 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Gross

That's enough for a player like him to be gone but he had a few very bad plays last year.

That's like saying teams shouldn't be interested in Jacobi Meyers as a starter because of the lateral in the Raiders game...

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Bottom of the roster player.

I understand why every roster needs guys like Cam Lewis and Tyler Matakevich.

I don't understand why other teams are negotiating with free agents who can significantly upgrade their roster.  And we are busy on Day 1 filling out the back-end with guys who are just special teams.

Come on.  Cam Lewis was no doubt already told as an RFA he wouldn't get a tender (and he didn't).  His agent probably knew that if Cam

couldn't find another team the Bills would bring him to camp on a vet minimum deal.  Cam and his agent jumped on it.  This signing means nothing.

Beane wasn't worried one way or another about Cam Lewis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.