Cam Lewis re-signed

MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd rather take a shot on someone with potential upside over a known quantity that was a net negative last season. 

I'm not calling you out but how do you know he was a net negative?  We all remember the Jefferson play but does that define his entire season?  I was mad at him too but I wouldn't think he would be one of our first resigns if he was terrible in every way last year.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

We all remember the Jefferson play but does that define his entire season?

I can't speak to the coaches' mindset but for me personally, yes that defines his entire season as a depth player who needs to make the most of their opportunities to remain in the NFL. He may have had productive "do your job" type downs throughout the season but that wouldn't outweigh essentially losing the game because of a selfish glory-type mistake, or the horrific ST penalty he caused a few weeks later.

Ultimately, you're right, it means very little because hopefully he never sees the field again. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not calling you out but how do you know he was a net negative?  We all remember the Jefferson play but does that define his entire season?  I was mad at him too but I wouldn't think he would be one of our first resigns if he was terrible in every way last year.  

IDK, the Bills signed Star Ukelele to an enormous contract to do basically nothing.

Same for the fat WR, can't remember his name

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

IDK, the Bills signed Star Ukelele to an enormous contract to do basically nothing.

Same for the fat WR, can't remember his name

Star wasn't great but he wasn't absolutely terrible.  We have seen the turnover on the DL, McDermott isn't afraid to get rid of anyone or sitting anyone who is a non-contributor.

How much money and how many years did we re-sign Kelvin Benjamin for?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Star wasn't great but he wasn't absolutely terrible.  We have seen the turnover on the DL, McDermott isn't afraid to get rid of anyone or sitting anyone who is a non-contributor.

How much money and how many years did we re-sign Kelvin Benjamin for?

I should clarify

they saw enough to bring him in

muh bad

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I can't speak to the coaches' mindset but for me personally, yes that defines his entire season as a depth player who needs to make the most of their opportunities to remain in the NFL. He may have had productive "do your job" type downs throughout the season but that wouldn't outweigh essentially losing the game because of a selfish glory-type mistake, or the horrific ST penalty he caused a few weeks later.

Ultimately, you're right, it means very little because hopefully he never sees the field again. 

This administration hates to cut their losses. Jimmy Johnson would've cut him after that Vikings game 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He’s one of the better back end roster guys in the NFL 

versatile , special teams , team guy… he’s one of the better 49-53 guys in the league 

all those guys are depth , st guys 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  Muy bad for them as well?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25472529/kelvin-benjamin-signing-kansas-city-chiefs

Kelvin Benjamin, cut by Bills on Tuesday, signs with Chiefs

Hey, someone always wants your used Kia

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.