Cam Lewis re-signed

MAJBobby

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

This is why Beane will always be looking up chasing the Chiefs,  it's these kinds of stupid signings that do not improve the team. Even far worse was resigning Tyler Matakevich,   we waste 2 million in cap space for a 31 year old high motor/no talent special teams guy that will never play a down of regular defence.  Does anyone remember any amazing special teams play this guy has made in 3 previous years.  Only money you spend on special teams is for your kicker/punter and long snapper. Stunning that Tyler will be making more money than our punter/kicker and long snapper along with having a 2.5 dead money count against the cap should the Bills decide to cut him. Do the Bills already know that some undrafted rookie will not outshine him in camp? How about signing some younger guy with better athletic talent that has potential to give you some plays on defence.

Maybe go check out the Chiefs cap sheet and see how many impactful players will be making less than the great Matekevich , you can start with Isaih Pacheco at half that amount or Toney at the same amount. Matakevich resigning has Sean's hands written all over it,  the undersized high motor/high character guy who takes up a roster spot every Sunday. With all the injuries we had last season,  you would think they would want more positional depth. As for Lewis,  the two plays I would prefer to forget was costing us the Vikings game which would have won us home field and maybe we would be playing Jaguars and not Cincy who the Bills do not match up well against.  

Either way these are both two stupid signings,  I would rather have 2 younger undrafted free agents with better athletic talent then these two.

17 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This is why Beane will always be looking up chasing the Chiefs,  it's these kinds of stupid signings that do not improve the team. Even far worse was resigning Tyler Matakevich,   we waste 2 million in cap space for a 31 year old high motor/no talent special teams guy that will never play a down of regular defence.  Does anyone remember any amazing special teams play this guy has made in 3 previous years.  Only money you spend on special teams is for your kicker/punter and long snapper. Stunning that Tyler will be making more money than our punter/kicker and long snapper along with having a 2.5 dead money count against the cap should the Bills decide to cut him. Do the Bills already know that some undrafted rookie will not outshine him in camp? How about signing some younger guy with better athletic talent that has potential to give you some plays on defence.

Maybe go check out the Chiefs cap sheet and see how many impactful players will be making less than the great Matekevich , you can start with Isaih Pacheco at half that amount or Toney at the same amount. Matakevich resigning has Sean's hands written all over it,  the undersized high motor/high character guy who takes up a roster spot every Sunday. With all the injuries we had last season,  you would think they would want more positional depth. As for Lewis,  the two plays I would prefer to forget was costing us the Vikings game which would have won us home field and maybe we would be playing Jaguars and not Cincy who the Bills do not match up well against.  

Either way these are both two stupid signings,  I would rather have 2 younger undrafted free agents with better athletic talent then these two.

Comparing Rookie contracts to long term vets again I see. 

47 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You don't understand cap issues do you?  That is the kind of money you use to sign vets on prove me deals,  2 million cap space on a specials teams dude is waste 

OOO I do.  Clearly.  and 2M cap hit isnt nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Specially for your core ST player and Captain.  Next time try not to compare rookie deals to long term vet contracts 'kay

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OOO I do.  Clearly.  and 2M cap hit isnt nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Specially for your core ST player and Captain.  Next time try not to compare rookie deals to long term vet contracts 'kay

You know zilch if you think paying this guy 2mllion is a good move  

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

I have no problem with vets that can do something,  you seem top believe he can and I don't agree. BYE BYE

Sorry you want to ignore 1/3rd of a Football team.  Next time dont gaslight and try to cherry pick some rookie deals to compare to a long term vet.  it is tiring and old from you,

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Sorry you want to ignore 1/3rd of a Football team.  Next time dont gaslight and try to cherry pick some rookie deals to compare to a long term vet.  it is tiring and old from you,

Dude go bother someone else,  you and I do not agree and your twisting my words about signing vets.  

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I hate with all the injuries how much time he sees the field on defense that they are okay with not getting better here. Kind of just same old bull#### 

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Lol was he a wrestler and a church man? Cam Lewis saw the field too much on defense for this to be okay as well. I’d have been happy letting em all go and keeping edmunds. His best years are ahead. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Can we close this thread please?  Every time I see the thread title, I throw up in my mouth.  It’s kinda gross.

He’s on the team.  We know this.  There really isn’t anything to discuss regarding Cam Lewis.  We all hope he never has to play another down for the Bills.  

• Agree 3

This FA has started out really rough, with almost each signing giving me less and less confidence in the upcoming year.  I'm not as excited as most signing a backup lineman for another team to 8m per year contract to protect Josh Allen either.  It feels like the same BS they been doing on the line and on special teams since they got here.  Edmunds loss hurts too

6 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

This FA has started out really rough, with almost each signing giving me less and less confidence in the upcoming year.  I'm not as excited as most signing a backup lineman for another team to 8m per year contract to protect Josh Allen either.  It feels like the same BS they been doing on the line and on special teams since they got here.  Edmunds loss hurts too

Really rough would’ve included not signing one of the better guards on the market to a fair contract.  

we haven’t made any bad signings of significancez. Matakavich and Cam Lewis don’t get paid enough to be considering bad.

WR is a focus, but it’s a terrible WR market and the dominos haven’t begun to fall yet.  We’ll get someone. 

we just haven’t made a splash - in an offseason in which we started 20M OVER the cap.  Losing edmunds was a lock in my eyes- as was losing Poyer.  Doubtful, but there’s still a chance he returns. 

I don’t think this has been a bad start-  many fans are just losing their minds because Miami got Ramsey and the jets are gonna get Rodgers. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Can we close this thread please?  Every time I see the thread title, I throw up in my mouth.  It’s kinda gross.

He’s on the team.  We know this.  There really isn’t anything to discuss regarding Cam Lewis.  We all hope he never has to play another down for the Bills.  

Oh but he will the depth chart will ensure of it 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

some thing we need to push out of our minds cuz they make us very sad ....

Lol I always forget that we had Benjamin, ughh he was a disaster. One I was excited about when I first read about it as well. Boy did he disappoint

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.